PDA

View Full Version : ballon training.

uki
11-08-2008, 06:31 AM
surely some of you have a comment or two regarding the concept of having multiple ballons in a room(or open space), the idea revolving around doing forms and movements recreating strikes, blocks, kicks, and so forth on the ballons, keeping them alot and not touching the floor... trains relex, timing, adaptation, speed, movement compensations, and thus stimulating the mental aspects of the combat mind... naturally the more ballons you can master, the better the practice becomes. :D

couch
11-08-2008, 06:37 AM
surely some of you have a comment or two regarding the concept of having multiple ballons in a room(or open space), the idea revolving around doing forms and movements recreating strikes, blocks, kicks, and so forth on the ballons, keeping them alot and not touching the floor... trains relex, timing, adaptation, speed, movement compensations, and thus stimulating the mental aspects of the combat mind... naturally the more ballons you can master, the better the practice becomes. :D

What's a ballon? That's not in the English dictionary...

uki
11-08-2008, 06:42 AM
What's a ballon? That's not in the English dictionary...yeah that would be balloon. talk about a brainf@rt... i knew it looked funny.:p

couch
11-08-2008, 07:17 AM
yeah that would be balloon. talk about a brainf@rt... i knew it looked funny.:p

Oh! Well, in that case I have a quote from Bruce Lee that will suffice:

"Balloons don't hit back."

uki
11-08-2008, 07:33 AM
"Balloons don't hit back."obviously you are missing the point of the practice...

couch
11-08-2008, 07:34 AM
obviously you are missing the point of the practice...

and so are you. :)

uki
11-08-2008, 07:46 AM
and so are you.apparently... i can't even spell balloon correctly.

couch
11-08-2008, 12:10 PM
apparently... i can't even spell balloon correctly.

I know what you're getting at. It's just that, IMO, there's time better spent elsewhere doing other things. I'm a big believer in taking my 'extra' time to train specifically for my goal...if I get 'cardio/conditioning' from it, so be it. But I'm not going to cross-train in anything, really. I have two kids, my own acupuncture clinic, other commitments. I'm a busy guy.

So time is best spend, for me, doing more functional training.

Best to you and your balloon training. ;)

GreenCloudCLF
11-08-2008, 12:38 PM
More interestingly, if you want to incoporate balloons into training, you should do balloon juggling. It trains handspeed and dexterity and is very useful. I make all my students juggle balloons before we start striking.

uki
11-09-2008, 03:30 AM
More interestingly, if you want to incoporate balloons into training, you should do balloon juggling. It trains handspeed and dexterity and is very useful. I make all my students juggle balloons before we start striking.i'd make them all juggle nine pound iron balls...

bawang
11-09-2008, 08:18 AM
dear uki,
even though you dont know any form of martial art and never sparred and fight in years, because you live in middle of nowhere, if you just punch a tree and beat yourself with sticks you will actually have some kung fu, instead of doing stupid sh1t like juggling.
sincerely
Sook Mae Balls

uki
11-09-2008, 10:15 AM
dear uki,
even though you dont know any form of martial art and never sparred and fight in years, because you live in middle of nowhere, if you just punch a tree and beat yourself with sticks you will actually have some kung fu, instead of doing stupid sh1t like juggling.
sincerely
Sook Mae Ballsthank you for your wonderful crash course in the english language... not bad(how ironic considering mispelled balloon). you have no idea what i do and i don't live in the middle of nowhere, so right there your two assumptions are obsolete.

bawang
11-09-2008, 10:40 AM
you juggle balls

D-FENS
11-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Oh! Well, in that case I have a quote from Bruce Lee that will suffice:

"Balloons don't hit back."

Oh yes they do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpc5vgi9zbM

uki
11-09-2008, 04:04 PM
nice... i laughed my arse off, tears in the eyes and everything...