PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 91

WinterPalm
11-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Who you guys picking?

I'm rooting for Randy but it seems like a **** tough fight.
Although that's what I said about Sylvia and Gonzaga.:eek:

Li Kao
11-15-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm going over to a friend's house to watch the pay-per-view in a few hours -- I somehow think Randy has one more win in him, although I think even Vegas has Lesnar as the favorite. It could be a passing of the torch of sorts, but I'm rooting for Captain America and think Lesnar needs some more matches under his belt before he becomes a true force -- it's kind of odd that the biggest pay-per-view in UFC history has a guy with only 3 pro fights -- is Lesnar the UFC's Kimbo? Time well tell I guess ...

GreenCloudCLF
11-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Lesnar's skill looked better last night than in his 2 previous UFC outings, more technical. However, for anyone who looked closely, he wasn't in as good shape and wasn't rock solid as the last time we saw him. He had some flab gathering around. I think he is relying on his size too much and won't retain the belt for long.

Randy is the man, looked good, but rusty. It's been 15 months since he faught, that has to be hard for a 30 year old to come back from, but even more so for a 45-year-old. But, I am a die hard Randy fan and hope to see him finish the 2 fights on his contract.

Hebrew Hammer
11-16-2008, 11:50 AM
We need a Lesnar vs. Fidor fight...now I would pay to see that match up. Lesnar is good and getting better but I don't think anyone has really tested him yet...meaning someone who stumps is take downs and fights him from the outside. I'd love to see someone take him to the woodshed with leg kicks...he'll be a different fighter with loss of some mobility.

Don't get me wrong, I like Lesnar, I'm impressed by him but I also love the underdog.

taai gihk yahn
11-16-2008, 11:55 AM
anyone got a link to the fight video?

WinterPalm
11-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Brock won how I figured he would win, if he won.
I don't think he was going to outwork, out wrestle definitively, or submit Couture...I hate the term a puncher's chance, but that's what I figured Brock had...and he pulled it off.
Couture was put in some bad positions and preservered, he'll be back.

1bad65
11-17-2008, 02:05 AM
However, for anyone who looked closely, he wasn't in as good shape and wasn't rock solid as the last time we saw him.

Lesnar looks flabby because he has to cut weight to make 265. When you cut alot of weight fast, your skin is loose and makes you look flabby.

GreenCloudCLF
11-17-2008, 05:28 AM
Lesnar looks flabby because he has to cut weight to make 265. When you cut alot of weight fast, your skin is loose and makes you look flabby.

I was comparing him to how he looked in his previous 2 outings. Compared to himself he was not as solid. He had to cut weight for those previous 2 fights as well...imagine being so big you have to cut weight to hit 265 lbs...:eek:

GreenCloudCLF
11-17-2008, 05:29 AM
And BTW, the Florian/Stevenson match-up was a good one. Florian looked fantastic.

1bad65
11-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Florian did look good. He tore Stevenson up on the ground, and Stevenson is a BJJ Black Belt.

I'm guessing Lesnar lost some muscle to make it easier to cut weight. The more muscular you are, the harder it is to cut weight.

GreenCloudCLF
11-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Also, I couldn't believe McCrory didn't tap earlier. It lloked like his shoulder was out of his socket. I give him credit for hanging in, even though he still lost. The only fight I missed was Gonzaga's. I would have liked to see it, but parking at the bar sucked.

brothernumber9
11-17-2008, 11:34 AM
If Mir upsets Nogiera, it will set up a Lesnar-Mir rematch. Advantage Mir. If Nogiera wins, it will be a very short title reign for Lesnar. Either way, there are going to be a line of guys rushing to be the next one to face Brock and most if not all, I think, would feel like they would have the advantage going into that fight for whomever the challenger will be.

The Florian-Stephenson match was good to watch. Depending on what happens between Penn and St. Pierre, a Florian-Penn match will hopefully be waiting in the wings.

GreenCloudCLF
11-17-2008, 12:01 PM
If Mir upsets Nogiera, it will set up a Lesnar-Mir rematch. Advantage Mir. If Nogiera wins, it will be a very short title reign for Lesnar. Either way, there are going to be a line of guys rushing to be the next one to face Brock and most if not all, I think, would feel like they would have the advantage going into that fight for whomever the challenger will be.

The Florian-Stephenson match was good to watch. Depending on what happens between Penn and St. Pierre, a Florian-Penn match will hopefully be waiting in the wings.

In a Lesnar/Mir rematch I would put money on Lesnar. But I have Nogiera over Mir, then Nogiera over Lesnar.

The only division worth watching, IMO, is the lightweights, and possibly the Light Heavyweights. The Middleweights will be on hold with Silva in there, the only way he is going to lose is if he gets comfortable and believes his own hype (previewed by the Cote fight) The good heavyweights are gone, or going. And there are no exciting fights scheduled for 170 lber's.

I would love to see a Florian/Penn match-up. Florian has jumped in skill level in his last couple of fights. The guy deserves a shot at the title.

SoCo KungFu
11-19-2008, 09:59 AM
I KNOW what the rules say. But Chris Johnson's rules....

I refuse to call Lesnar the "champ."

Randy had been inactive for almost a year and a half.

Nog is the champ.

I will call Nog the champ.

Lesnar has been catered to back and forth just because of his celebrity status. The culmination fighting a man who has been on vacation, is 40lbs lighter, and a decade and half older. Not knockin Randy I love the guy. I think he (while it can be argued he was catered to as well in his early days) proved himself by fighting anyone they threw at him. But facts are facts, his best days are (obviously) behind him.

Nog is the Champ. Nog will beat Mir. Nog will destroy Lesnar. Balance will be returned to the force.