PDA

View Full Version : How do you use that metal whisk thing for iron bone training?

saltydeath
11-15-2008, 02:49 PM
There's a thing that looks like a metal whisk that I've seen people use on their shins for iron bone training. I'm not sure what it's called, but it looks like you could make one yourself if you found the right metal. Has anyone done this? I have dit da jow and would like to start strengthening my shins.

uki
11-15-2008, 03:51 PM
the best techniques for strengthening the bones and skeletal system are the ones that incorporate sound and vibration through-out the body...

taai gihk yahn
11-15-2008, 04:16 PM
looks like ya got both here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YflF4A8UImQ&feature=related

TenTigers
11-18-2008, 07:37 AM
the beater, or "metal whisk" as you call it, is not designed for bone training. It is for healing and is also used in iron body training, as it sends a vibration deeper into the tissue and organs. I guess if you are into whacking yourself in the shins with stuff, these are ok, but they will end up bending the wires and ruining the beater, and they are pretty expensive. Mine was a gift. I suppose you can build your own, just don't use galvanized steel.

GreenCloudCLF
11-18-2008, 09:02 AM
the beater, or "metal whisk" as you call it, is not designed for bone training. It is for healing and is also used in iron body training, as it sends a vibration deeper into the tissue and organs. I guess if you are into whacking yourself in the shins with stuff, these are ok, but they will end up bending the wires and ruining the beater, and they are pretty expensive. Mine was a gift. I suppose you can build your own, just don't use galvanized steel.

Real men use galvanized steel.

Mr Punch
11-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Real men use razor wire.

SoCo KungFu
11-18-2008, 05:32 PM
we used to have a guy in my first kwoon that would make em and sell em for about 30 bucks. They stood up pretty well too. I think you can actually buy em here, or could at least.

Another thing we used to do was get some pvc pipe and some steel shot. Fill it up, cap the ends. we'd make em about 20 lbs. and roll em up and down the shins and while standing in horse stance, up and down the arms.

though I think the most benefit probably just came from the beatings with sparring and 3 star drills