PDA

View Full Version : where to buy peas/beans for punching bag

clam61
11-17-2008, 12:24 PM
i need to fill my 6ft bag with peas/beans. where is a good wholesale place to buy massive amounts of dried beans/peas?

LSWCTN1
11-17-2008, 04:24 PM
i used 10mm pea shingle gravel for my first bag - although it was just a wallbag

its the stuff you often put in the bottom of fishtanks and it works a treat because its harder than sand and i would presume harder than peas too, and although it conditions your hands, it doesnt hurt (too much!:D)

David Jamieson
11-17-2008, 05:15 PM
how about a bulk food outlet?

TenTigers
11-17-2008, 05:20 PM
mung beans, which are the size of bb's and they also have a medicinal soothing effect on the skin can be found in chinese groceries.

Mr Punch
11-17-2008, 09:21 PM
LOL :D

Hope you live in a desert. Or have unlimited money for fuel bills to make sure your house is dry. Or a lot of packs of silica gel. Have you any idea how much 6' of beans is, how quickly they'll rot with just a smidgin of moisture, and how tasty they'll seem to all the bugs in a five mile radius!?

How about: a big garbage bag in the middle filled with strips of old clothes, and pea shingle for the rest?

anerlich
11-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Yeah, you don't want to fill a 6' hanging bag with peas or beans. You could probably ffeed several families in the third workld for months with that volume.

Smaller bags that you regularly refill, or buckets for iron palm or hand hardening maybe, but fill the big hanging bag with rags,old clothes or other biochemically inert material.