PDA

View Full Version : video: Wrestler beats multiple opponents

MasterKiller
11-21-2008, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G_mk5I2_C4

Yung Apprentice
11-21-2008, 03:59 PM
I don't know the circumstances for this beat down, however, the first guy was incapacitated and this dude kept stomping and kicking his freaking head! Without knowing the background, it seems the guy went a tad overboard.

1bad65
11-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Here is skateboarder Mike Vallely vs 4 guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV9mZy0zork

RD'S Alias - 1A
11-21-2008, 04:23 PM
That is not wrestling. It looks more like some sort of Kung fu, especially the way he controls his opponent on the ground, and remains standing and mobile while he attacks instead of going down to th ground with his opponent.

BTW, the ground control methods and offense he's using are the same as I advocated here years ago, and got lynched for it. You all said I didn't know what i was talking about, because i wasn't a BJJ exponent. You all said it would never work, and then you all ripped me big time because I had learned some of my stuff from video. I got no respect at all.

Now, years later we see it working just fine.

Kansuke
11-21-2008, 07:27 PM
That is not wrestling. .

I don't think you know what is or is not wrestling, and I don't think you've ever been in a scrap with a wrestler out in the world in your life.

And is it just me, or was that video all blurry?

bawang
11-21-2008, 08:01 PM
no groundfighting :O THATS IMPOSSIBLE THE GRACIES WOULD NEVER LIE TO ME LOL

MasterKiller
11-21-2008, 08:50 PM
That is not wrestling. It looks more like some sort of Kung fu, especially the way he controls his opponent on the ground, and remains standing and mobile while he attacks instead of going down to th ground with his opponent.

BTW, the ground control methods and offense he's using are the same as I advocated here years ago, and got lynched for it. You all said I didn't know what i was talking about, because i wasn't a BJJ exponent. You all said it would never work, and then you all ripped me big time because I had learned some of my stuff from video. I got no respect at all.

Now, years later we see it working just fine.

Those takedowns are pretty much wrestling 101.

RD'S Alias - 1A
11-21-2008, 09:07 PM
The ground control is pretty much old school Shaolin Kung Fu though.

The initial take down wasn't, but everything after it was.

rogue
11-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Not to rain on your parade MK but that was more like one guy at a time. Vallely shows what balls and initiative can accomplish.

rogue
11-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Two on one. The guy gets his groove on.:cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrscVKQckd4&feature=related

taai gihk yahn
11-22-2008, 03:40 AM
interesting how, when someone successfully applies what they know on the street in a way that obviously indicates some sort of training, what he does is described by others as needs must being what they do; just goes to show one thing: good fighting is good fighting, regardless of style, it's pretty much going to look the same;

as for what he actually learned, who can say? the take-downs do look very "sambo"-like, but sambo is itself a hybrid of, among other things, judo and wrestling; as for the "ground control", it looks like what you might see from any number of "stand-up" based systems - even what I was taught in my first TKD school looked pretty much like what he did;

Xiao3 Meng4
11-22-2008, 07:07 AM
It's obvious that he's using the always classic "crazy angry foreign dude" style. Very effective.

It is what it is, that's all.

MasterKiller
11-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Not to rain on your parade MK but that was more like one guy at a time. Vallely shows what balls and initiative can accomplish.

Rain on my parade? I'm the FOX News of this forum. I report, you decide.

How's your Tae Kwon Do forms coming, BTW?

rogue
11-22-2008, 09:06 AM
How's your Tae Kwon Do forms coming, BTW?

Long gone from my training my friend, along with the Shotokan and Isshinryu ones. The last few years has been all hands on. Kata was a big waste of time and money decoding them to make them worthwhile, though I may start doing a few challenging ones again for exercise and fun.

BTW, You can see to where I've shifted my opinions in regards to training here.
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49114

Ray Pina
11-23-2008, 01:14 PM
The ground control is pretty much old school Shaolin Kung Fu though.

Because we have countless video evidence of all types of Kung Fu guys, particularly "old school shaolin" folks picking up guys on the street in real fights and dumping them on their head and then following it up. :rolleyes:

Ray Pina
11-23-2008, 03:48 PM
You know, I apologize for my last post... the tone is argumentative and I've grown the past few days.

My point though, is remarks like the one in your post IS EXACTLY why Kung Fu is suffering. It's ridiculous to post that you enlightened this board to what amounts to a single leg takedown... and that's it's some Shaolin Special No. 55 technique... it's rudimentary. So much so an aggressive drunk can figure it out on his own.

To be honest. I've trained Hung Gar, Wing Chun, S. Mantis and E-Chuan... I never trained a single leg takedown until studied Jiu-Jitsu. In fact, I was told the technique is was dangerous and/or stupid. Some teachers were ignorant to how you safely set up the technique, so that you're not just charging in. Others didn't realize, like I think it was my man Simon who said, nothing hits as hard as the earth. And that you don't have to go down there and break someone's arm. Unless you can and want to. Which is fun sometimes too.

sanjuro_ronin
11-24-2008, 05:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G_mk5I2_C4

LOL !
That wasn't a man attacked by mulltipel attackers, that was a man ATTACKING multiple people !
LOL !!

Its easy to beat up more than 1 person when NONE of them wanna fight !