PDA

View Full Version : anyone bring home Bambi???

TenTigers
11-23-2008, 05:57 PM
went out opening weekend-saw several small does, had one in my sights, but didn't take the shot, figuring it was too small. Didn't see any in two weeks since.
Shoulda taken the doe. I'd be eating venison tonite.

RD'S Alias - 1A
11-24-2008, 09:29 AM
I would have let it go too. I would have a hard time hunting a doe. I'd be wondering if there were babies somewhere near that still need her.

An older male would have reproduced multiple times, so he's dinner as far as I am concerned.

Of course, I have never hunted. I'd like to though, just never have.

SPJ
11-24-2008, 09:36 AM
I always like sheep/lamb meat better.

not a big fan for deer meat.

well actually, I am a big fan for fish or sea food in general.

the crabs are in season I think.

:)

SimonM
11-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Deer tastes good but I don't hunt.

No particular moral opposition. Just an activity I have never done.

I like fishing...

sanjuro_ronin
11-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Hunting animals?
Nope.
People on the other hand...

SimonM
11-24-2008, 12:24 PM
This just in:

Sanjuro Ronin is the badguy from Hard Target.

sanjuro_ronin
11-24-2008, 12:34 PM
This just in:

Sanjuro Ronin is the badguy from Hard Target.

nah, just a good ol boy...

TenTigers
11-24-2008, 12:45 PM
I would have let it go too. I would have a hard time hunting a doe. I'd be wondering if there were babies somewhere near that still need her.

An older male would have reproduced multiple times, so he's dinner as far as I am concerned.

you need to keep the doe population down as well-does get pregnant and produce offspring. Too much offspring and not enough food produces weak deer and endanger the species.
But-doe permits are only given to a small number of hunters, otherwise the gavonnes come up and shoot everything in sight.

sanjuro_ronin
11-24-2008, 12:52 PM
you need to keep the doe population down as well-does get pregnant and produce offspring. Too much offspring and not enough food produces weak deer and endanger the species.
But-doe permits are only given to a small number of hunters, otherwise the gavonnes come up and shoot everything in sight.

That's a good reason to be killing off republicans too.
:D

Lee Chiang Po
11-24-2008, 10:48 PM
A buddy and myself went several times during our archery season. He shot a nice little buck, I shot a nice big doe. No young dependent deer this time of year. Have gone once during the gun season, but am waiting until it gets really cold to go back. I love to hunt. I hunt deer, archery and gun, upland game birds and am also a Falconer. Also fish in spring and summer. I also belong to an all Chinese/American hunting club in south Louisiana.

IronWeasel
11-24-2008, 11:03 PM
That's a good reason to be killing off republicans too.
:D

..........Bah!

Eddie
11-25-2008, 12:09 AM
shame on you guys! killing innocent little animals.....

Who killed bambi?

SimonM
11-25-2008, 08:24 AM
One of my colleagues ran over a buck last night.

Baqualin
11-25-2008, 10:16 AM

This time of year the deer are screwing not having babies.....doe meat is much better....more tender:D

Water Dragon
11-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Haven't been hunting, but we have about 8-10 that come in the back of my apartments. The bulldog and I can get to within about 15 feet before they bolt, now. I'm half-tempted to let her go one of these days. I think she can bag one.

uki
11-29-2008, 09:14 AM
I would have a hard time hunting a doe. I'd be wondering if there were babies somewhere near that still need her.if there were babies you simply bag them too... wood veal. :D

Scott R. Brown
11-29-2008, 09:38 AM
I have them looking inside my back window. I took a photo from my kitchen of one just outside the window.

There is a fall and winter lay just down the hill about 30-40 feet or so, but they are usually gone by early morning. I used to have a cat that would play with them!

golgo
11-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Haven't been hunting, but we have about 8-10 that come in the back of my apartments. The bulldog and I can get to within about 15 feet before they bolt, now. I'm half-tempted to let her go one of these days. I think she can bag one.

American or Brittish?

Scott R. Brown
11-29-2008, 09:45 AM
This is just one of about 5 deer at the time. Two does and a few fawns, but this is the only picture I got. It was taken 11-23-07.