PDA

View Full Version : Some feedback please!

MartialWIki
11-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Apologies for my first post being spam for my own site but I'm trying to reach out to the nets martial arts community to get some feedback and this seems to be the best place to do it :)

Over the last few months I've been putting together a wiki about martial arts, you can see it here:

http://www.martialwiki.com

Its a non profit wiki much like Wikipedia but focused on martial arts instead. What I'd like to know is:

- How art the articles looking so far? Are they accurate?

- I'm trying to break each article up in the same way so their is consitency across martial arts( if you have a look at http://www.martialwiki.com/wiki/Help:Martial_Arts_Page_Template you can see how I've broken the sections up)

- Finally, I'm trying to put video together for each martial art myself. You can see my efforts on the Aikido page. If anyone is based in Melbourne, Australia and doesn't mind me coming along to film them, then I'd to get a couple of training sessions of your martial shot and up on the site.

Thanks guys, sorry again for the spam!

uki
11-23-2008, 09:02 PM
you cannot classify what cannot be classified... martial arts are personal expressions of our survival instinct... modern martial arts is the evloution of political correctness.

MartialWIki
11-23-2008, 09:15 PM
That's very zen but doesn't help me too much. All martial arts share a history for example, so that is a common point of reference between them. All martial arts share etymology, all martial arts having famous practioners of them.

Likewise martial arts of attributes that are the same and different, these can be noted and compared.

uki
11-23-2008, 09:31 PM
That's very zen but doesn't help me too much. All martial arts share a history for example, so that is a common point of reference between them. All martial arts share etymology, all martial arts having famous practioners of them.

Likewise martial arts of attributes that are the same and different, these can be noted and compared.what can be named is truly not what it is...

TenTigers
11-23-2008, 09:52 PM
if you look at Martial Arts being a bridge between cultures, a bridge between combat and self expression and art, a bridge between that and philosophy....

Uki is the troll under the bridge.

TenTigers
11-23-2008, 10:05 PM
a monumental undertaking! Congrats on your efforts. I think youare off to a great start.
I think the biggest problem is being able to put all that info out there without stepping on people's toes and getting pulled into politics.
That, and having Frank keep editing out everyone else's CLF history,
-especially when he knows mine is the correct version!:D

MartialWIki
11-23-2008, 10:17 PM
It's been a massive undertaking but theirs no deadline on it so I'm happy to take it slowly. Video is the really slow party, cutting it up and making it look good takes a fair amount of time :)

MartialWIki
11-24-2008, 02:46 AM
Hi Andy, any clips you could suggest?

uki
11-24-2008, 03:01 AM
Uki is the troll under the bridge.actually i built the bridge.