PDA

View Full Version : Steven Seagal: Lawman

GeneChing
11-24-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm just gonna post this here and let it ride. Y'all know how I feel about Seagal (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41575).

A&E and Seagal put viewers under siege (http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE4AN11F20081124)

By Kimberly Nordyke

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Steven Seagal is heading to the small screen, signing to star in a reality series for A&E that will chronicle his little-known life in law enforcement.

Segal, an actor and martial arts expert with a seventh-degree black belt in aikido, has been working as a fully commissioned deputy with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in Louisiana for the past 20 years. In addition to going out on patrol, Seagal is said to be an expert marksman who has worked with the Jefferson Parish SWAT team and has instructed officers in firearms and hand-to-hand combat.

"Steven Seagal: Lawman" will follow Seagal and a team of deputies as they respond to crimes in progress and also focus on Seagal's off-duty ventures, including musical performances and philanthropic efforts in Jefferson Parish and New Orleans.

"I believe it's important to show the nation all the positive work being accomplished here in Louisiana -- to see the passion and commitment that comes from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in this post-Katrina environment," Seagal said of his decision to do the series.

GeneChing
11-25-2008, 11:07 AM
I crossed paths with Dog in HI a few years ago. I was on a bus in Honolulu's Chinatown and he gets on with a camera crew behind him. At the time, I didn't know who he was. He searched the bus rather dramatically and left abruptly. It was so absurd my kid was all like "who was that clown?" Later that evening, we were channel surfing and we saw the show for the first time. It was very surreal.

A&E reality suits Steven Seagal (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117996370.html?categoryid=14&cs=1)
'Lawman' slated for late 2009 bow
By MIKE FLAHERTY

Steven Seagal can now add "reality TV lead" to his resume, as A&E is in production on nonfiction skein "Steven Seagal: Lawman" in New Orleans.

According to the net, Seagal has been working on and off as a fully commissioned deputy with the Jefferson Parish County Sheriff's Office for nearly two decades. One of his stints found him assisting with recovery efforts during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

"Lawman" also will document his life off the beat, including his musical and philanthropic activities in the Big Easy.

Seagal toplined a series of successful actioners in the '90s, most profitably in the "Under Siege" couplet. His Warner Bros. contract was not renewed in 1997; since then he has appeared mostly in straight-to-video projects and exclusively so since 2003. Most recently, he wrote and starred in "Kill Switch" for First Look Intl.; it bowed on Oct. 7.

The pickup occurs amid A&E's plan to resurrect another '90s stalwart, Patrick Swayze, in FBI drama "The Beast," which will bow in January.

"I decided to work with A&E on this series now because I believe it's important to show the nation all the positive work being accomplished here in Louisiana," Seagal said of the new venture.

Seagal "helps fight crime because he cares about the community," said Robert Sharenow, A&E's senior veep of nonfiction and alternative programming. "Lawman" is skedded for a late 2009 bow.

Steven Seagal Gets a Real Badge, Reality Show (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b70329_steven_seagal_gets_real_badge_reality.html)
Today 11:55 AM PST by Josh Grossberg

Steven Seagal is out for justice again...this time for realsies.

The erstwhile big-screen action hero has become an honest-to-goodness crimefighter in New Orleans, a gig he's ready to share with the TV-viewing public.

His movie career mired in the direct-to-DVD dustbin, Seagal, 57, has now been deputized by the Jefferson Parish County Sheriff's Office, and he's preparing a Cops-like reality series for A&E that documents his efforts to clean up the Big Easy. The show is set to premiere in late 2009.

We're just waiting for the inevitable programming block of Steven Seagal: Lawman and Dog the Bounty Hunter. TiVos set for stunned.

sanjuro_ronin
11-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Seagal is becoming a parady of himself.
I know recall why I never watch "reality" TV.

Jimbo
11-25-2008, 09:18 PM
I crossed paths with Dog in HI a few years ago. I was on a bus in Honolulu's Chinatown and he gets on with a camera crew behind him. At the time, I didn't know who he was. He searched the bus rather dramatically and left abruptly. It was so absurd my kid was all like "who was that clown?" Later that evening, we were channel surfing and we saw the show for the first time. It was very surreal.

It seems to me if you're a bounty hunter trying to catch criminals, it would be counterproductive to tramp around with a camera crew and, probably worse, Dog's loud and distinctive dress/appearance. I find it kinda funny that before he catches his perps, he often refers to them as "b***h", "m**f**r", etc. But after they've caught him/her, he acts like they're all best buddies and preaches religion to them. I got tired of it after awhile.

Li Kao
12-07-2008, 01:27 AM
or is it a train wreck?

I was at the grocery store and did a double take after seeing this on the shelf: Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt (http://www.lightningdrink.com/index.html) :eek:

I get the feeling he will not rest until he's permeated every aspect of the entertainment industry ... gotta admit the guy's persistent and diversified!

Mr Punch
12-07-2008, 09:22 PM
... gotta admit the guy's persistent and diversified!Like herpes.

GeneChing
08-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Steven Seagal: Lawman: Coming Soon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99E16w0PxCA)
The trailer is on youtube. :D

sanjuro_ronin
08-20-2009, 01:11 PM
LOL !
He is still one big SOB !
It would be way cool to get arrested by SS !
" hey, I got your movies on DVD, you're fatter in person..."
:D

Scott R. Brown
08-21-2009, 02:41 AM
Hmmm.....a man with a history of spousal abuse is now a LAWMAN!!!

That inspires confidence!:rolleyes:

TaichiMantis
08-21-2009, 04:33 AM

beat me to it!:eek:

Scott R. Brown
08-21-2009, 06:20 AM
LOL! Hey.....be careful how you say that.....I never touched you, much less beat you! :D

Lee Chiang Po
08-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Chuck Norris is a Texas Ranger too. He even took part in a drug sweep that collected and arrested 1% of the population of Terrell, Texas a few years ago. And it is a fair sized town too. they gots good dope there.

Lucas
08-21-2009, 09:12 PM

does that mean he already fits the profile of a certain type of LAWMEN 'serving' the public

apparently hes been a cop for 20 years

mickey
08-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Greetings,

I saw this flick. Seagal struggles with the Louisiana accent. To make things worse he uses a stunt double and it is painfully obvious. I think he is best when he is in total control of the fight choreography. It did not appear to be so in this movie. This movie appears to be more of a contract obligation.

My favorite Seagal flicks are:

Glimmer Man: I liked it because Seagal used Wing Chun in his choreography and I so totally enjoyed watching Keenan Ivory Wayans get beat up. It was wonderful. He took that beat down as if that kind of stuff happened to him every day while growing up in Harlem.

Fire Down Below: I liked it because Seagal used Bagua in his choreography.

mickey

Scott R. Brown
08-22-2009, 09:48 AM
does that mean he already fits the profile of a certain type of LAWMEN 'serving' the public

apparently hes been a cop for 20 years

Well maybe not as bad as....... HIM!!

taai gihk yahn
08-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Steven Seagal: Lawman: Coming Soon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99E16w0PxCA)
The trailer is on youtube. :D

I'm not sure but...based on this link and the previous one at the beginning of the thread..let me get this straight now...

according to Revelations, this show is one of the signs of the impending Apocalypse, yes?

GeneChing
08-27-2009, 09:23 AM
I'm starting to really want to see this now.

Steven Seagal's Reality Show Under Siege (http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/24/steven-seagals-reality-show-a-e-the-idea-factory-chuck-norris/)
Posted Aug 24th 2009 2:20PM by TMZ Staff

Who knew Steven Seagal is still so hot people would sue over him.

A production company claims A&E stole its idea to do a reality show featuring Seagal. The Idea Factory claims it pitched some crazy ideas to A & E, including one where Seagal would live with Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme. A&E was not impressed.

But of course, A&E eventually saw the light and decided to create a show with Seagal, sans Norris and Van Damme -- and sans The Idea Factory.

A&E says the show will portray Seagal's "real life."

Apparently, The Idea Factory has made rumblings of a lawsuit -- and also sent A&E a bill for "a vast sum." So A&E has filed legal papers, asking a judge to say they don't owe The Idea Factory squat.

GeneChing
10-27-2009, 10:30 AM
I would have loved to receive a screener DVD in a tiny branded flack jacket.

'Steven Seagal Lawman' press kit arrives wrapped in baby body armor (http://blog.nola.com/checkitout/2009/10/steven_seagal_lawman_press_kit.html)
By Dave Walker
October 27, 2009, 4:00AM

The A&E network reality series documenting actor Steven Seagal’s reserve deputy work with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office doesn’t debut until December 2, but advance publicity materials are arriving in TV critics’ mailboxes all over the country.

The “Steven Seagal Lawman” press kit delivered to the Times-Picayune arrived wrapped in a tiny branded flack jacket. Inside were a screener DVD ("It's no act," says the box) a disc containing several publicity stills from the upcoming series.

More about the episodes later.

Oh, OK: The premiere details Segal’s participation in a high-speed car chase, some movie-star schmoozing outside a local barroom after a troublemaker is rousted and Seagal’s efforts to impart ninja-style training techniques on the JPSO gun range.

Seagal is also worshipful of the “late, great Harry Lee,” whose idea it was to allow Seagal, identified on-screen as a reserve deputy chief, onto the force.

"For 20 years, Steven Seagal has been a deputy in the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, a job he's kept out of the limelight ... until now," reads the opening credits. "This program shows real people being arrested by real police officers. They are presumed innocent until proven guilty."

Here’s a sneak peek of some "Lawman" imagery making the publicity rounds, as well as a Press Kit Theater sequence unwrapping the package itself. Enjoy.

GeneChing
12-02-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't get A&E so I won't be watching.

'Steven Seagal: Lawman' full of possibilities (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/12/02/DD3E1ASM6R.DTL)
Tim Goodman
Wednesday, December 2, 2009

You can be excused for thinking that "Steven Seagal: Lawman" is another in the action movie star's canon of B-movies. You know, the kind of film where breaking bones with martial arts and aiming to kill (and succeeding) are part of the script.

But for most people, finding out that Seagal has been a real-life deputy for nearly 20 years in the Jefferson Parish sheriff's office in Louisiana might come as a mind-rattling shock. The beefy tough guy is not just a martial arts expert who has helped train officers while being a member of their force, he's also an expert marksman who has worked with the parish's SWAT team.

Tonight at 10, you can see him in uniform as A&E presents a "Cops"-style reality series called "Steven Seagal: Lawman." What makes this series so compelling is the fact that so few people knew Seagal was doing this - and that the actor never used it for publicity even when his career could have used a boost.

So, why now? Here's what Seagal said in the A&E press notes: "I've been working as an officer in Jefferson Parish for two decades under most people's radar. I've decided to work with A&E on this series now because I believe it's important to show the nation all the positive work being accomplished here in Louisiana - to see the passion and commitment that comes from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in this post-Katrina environment."

Seagal has also noted that after Hurricane Katrina, Louisiana police forces have lost officers and the series might be a way to interest recruits. He certainly makes a compelling case for doing good while also tapping into what has made him an action movie star - he looks like a bad-ass in his uniform. Seagal looks as if he means business - and in a succession of crimes-in-progress scenarios he certainly does. And though he doesn't appear to be the most fleet of foot - nobody in the five-officer team he's a part of looks especially quick, in fact - you definitely don't want to let him catch you.

As the television season enters a holiday lull, there's no telling how well a show like "Steven Seagal: Lawman" will do, but the bet here is pretty well, if for nothing else the curiosity factor.

How Seagal kept his second career "under the radar" is pretty impressive. And it brings to mind all kinds of what-if possibilities that might have TV industry types salivating. Think about how cool these would be:

"Simon Cowell: Auto Executive." Sure, the testy and judgmental "American Idol" host doesn't need the money, but think about how he could help reshape a moribund industry. "It's a crossover? Well you've crossed over the line on taste, I'm afraid. It would be ugly as a truck, but it's hideous as a family car. Is your idea to ridicule the American public? Drive it away from me before I vomit, and come back with something we can sell. And if I see a plastic dash masquerading as walnut, you'll be fired."

"Gordon Ramsay: Governor." Any state would work, but California might be the best place for him (once he gains citizenship, naturally). Where Arnold Schwarzenegger is all puffed-up bluster and promised a nonpolitical style of leadership, Ramsay would simply yell at the top of his lungs every day and drop f-bombs all over the place. Every night he'd be the lead item on the news, berating lawmakers and lobbyists and telling journalists (and voters) to bleep and bleep-bleep-bleep and if they didn't like that they could bleep themselves or bleep-bleep, bleep-bleep until someone cared.

"Oprah: Queen." Why not? It's a ceremonial title and if no one told her that, she could probably do a lot of good while making people hug and cry. And read.

"George Clooney: Bartender." Certainly not as action-packed as "Steven Seagal: Lawman," but come on - he'd be the world's best bartender. Everybody would want to talk to him. He's got that warm, understanding smile. And everyone would want to be his friend. Plus, the stories from the barstool would make the show careen through comedy and tragedy.

Who knows? Maybe there are other celebrities out there keeping their hobbies and second careers "under the radar." In the meantime, if you're in Louisiana and somebody familiar pulls you over, do not make any quick moves. And don't ask him for his autograph, either.

Jimbo
12-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Too bad they never approved the show where Seagal lives with Van Damme and Norris. That would have been freaking hilarious.

GeneChing
12-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Steven Seagal IS Mr. Miyagi! (http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/steven-seagal-mr-miyagi-11151)
By Jeniffer Kelly
Published: December 03, 2009

I’ve seen some outlandish reality show premises in my time - people with 18 kids, celebrities going through rehab, even women pretending to be attracted to the likes of Bret Michaels and Flava Flav. But whoever pitched “Steven Seagal: Lawman” deserves an Emmy.

I can hear it now: “It’s kind of like ‘Cops’ meets ‘Karate Kid’ meets crazy.” This show already has cult status in my book, and it just premiered last night!

Who knew? Steven Seagal, action star, is also Steven Seagal, Deputy Sheriff. (I know this because in the opening credits he actually growls dramatically, “My name is Steven Seagal --THAT’S RIGHT -- Steven Seagal ... Deputy Sheriff.”) Apparently Officer Steve has been serving the people of Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, for the last 20 years.

If you didn’t catch the premiere last night, set your DVR. This is a must-see, but probably not for the reasons Seagal intended. Law enforcement is clearly a no-nonsense job, and Seagal seems to be sincere in his efforts to fight crime. The thing is, though, his seriousness translates into sheer comedy; one might compare him to a William Shatner or a David Caruso.

You see, it’s almost as if Seagal is playing a role on either a sitcom or a crime drama -- I haven’t decided which it is yet -- about a wacky yet capable Zen police officer.
If you didn’t know that he was a lifelong practitioner of martial arts, then you will ... after he mentions it at least five times. Apparently he is one of the world’s highest-ranking teachers in aikido. And just like any guru, he not only has the martial arts experience but the wisdom to back it up.

An example of one of his pearls: “The more we know about what’s happening out there, the safer we are.” A regular Mr. Miyagi.

Adding to the “melodramedy” of it all are some of the post-production effects. It’s almost as if the producers want to set him up as having a sixth sense about crime. The patrol car passes two young men, nothing to be alarmed about. But then, there is some sort of flash and a “CSI”-like sound effect, which obviously means that we are now seeing the scene through Steven’s eyes. He caught something that we laypeople could not. That perp has a gun!

And, by the way, apparently Steven sees in black and white. Must be a Zen thing.

You’d never guess it, but Seagal is actually an expert marksman. (Again, he is a real police officer, ya’ll!) While helping a fellow officer improve his aim, he explains that the key is pushing the bullet out rather than just pulling the trigger.

Whatever hippie nonsense he uses seems to work, though. He shows off by shooting the tips off Q-tips, leaving only the “Q.” When he also shoots the tip off of a match, he seems disappointed that it failed to light but his Zen attitude keeps him in check.

During altercations with perps, he keeps calm. When a suspect gets agitated before kicking out the squad car window, Seagal simply says, “That gentleman is not a very good Zen practitioner.” I wouldn’t be surprised if in next week’s episode, he offered a yoga lesson mid-arrest!

This program has so much potential for hilarity and I hope that some of my questions are answered as the season progresses. For instance, has Seagal been a full-time cop for the past 20 years or is he amping up his presence on the squad for the reality show? I mean, how could a full-time cop find the time to film such gems as “Today You Die” and “Pistol Whipped?”

A&E promises that the cameras will follow Seagal on-duty and off, as he “pursues his many ventures -- including musical performances and philanthropic efforts.” Oooh, musical performances! I hope there’s a song about a cop who fights crime with martial arts and movie stardom.

Guess we’ll have to tune in next week to find out. I’m hooked.
But not the musical performances. Lawd no. Not Seagal's music. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41575)

brothernumber9
12-03-2009, 11:08 AM
I watched an episode last night. This stuff is way better than Dog.
I crack up at Seagal's facial expressions and how they film it, kinda Reno 911 ish.
Of course they had to throw in some Aikido training with his fellow cops and recruits. I'll definitely watch it again.

I love how in one instance Deputy Seagal is telling a guy " We're trying to find MURDERERS, we're not looking for guys like you." And shocker, during one foot chase seen, the perp gets away from all the slow obese officers.

GeneChing
12-03-2009, 02:40 PM
And brothernumber9 was the only one from our forum? Come on now. Some one else here must have watched. 'fess up!

Steven Seagal Lawman Breaks A&E Record (http://www.aetv.com/news/?id=517034&vid=AETV_Marketing_facebook_stevenseagal)
DATE: 12/03/09

The launch of A&E's new original series "Steven Seagal Lawman" premiered Wednesday night at 10PM ET/PT with a record-breaking 3.5 million total viewers and 2.0 million viewers adults 18-49 and 25-54 over two back-to-back episodes, making it the most-watched original series launch in the network's history among all key demos.

The series also witnessed growth episode-to-episode climbing from 3.4 million viewers at 10PM to 3.6 million at 10:30PM. Back-to-back new episodes of "Steven Seagal Lawman" air weekly Wednesdays at 10PM and 10:30PM ET/PT.

The success comes on the heels of Monday night's record-breaking performance, when the hit series "Hoarders" temporarily became the network's best ever season opener for any original A&E series among adults 18-49 and 25-54.

"Steven Seagal Lawman" chronicles martial arts expert and international film star Steven Seagal's extraordinary life in law enforcement. "Steven Seagal Lawman" is produced for A&E Network by ITV Studios (formerly Granada America) and Steamroller Productions. John X. Kim is the Executive Producer, Lucas Platt is the Co- Executive Producer, and Anna Geddes is the Series Producer for ITV Studios. Steven Seagal and Phillip B. Goldfine are Executive Producers for Steamroller Productions. Joe Halpin and Binh Dang are Producers for Steamroller Productions. Executive Producers for A&E are Robert Sharenow and Neil A. Cohen.

Lucas
12-03-2009, 04:08 PM
if i watched tv id totally watch it. everyone likes to rag on seagal, and so do i, but i do respect the man as a martial artist. hell ive been entertained by him on screen more than once.

admit it, under seige was cool, and not just cuz of the tits....:D

1bad65
12-03-2009, 04:11 PM
This stuff is way better than Dog.

No way.

Dog is hilarious. It's like a real life Beverly Hillbillies.

TenTigers
12-03-2009, 05:33 PM
so does Segal wear a really big body armor? Like down to his knees?
Did you guys notice that his jackets keep getting bigger? He went from shirt out, to nehru jacket, to huge coat, to what, a Mu-Mu?

AdrianK
12-04-2009, 05:50 AM
God, the show is horrible. :D

"see, he's not going to resist you if you take his wrist" :rolleyes:

"if you do this you can flip him" :rolleyes:

Dragonzbane76
12-04-2009, 07:43 AM
you know that quote from fight clue? "If you could fight one celebrity, who would it be?" Mine would be steven segal... he's such a douchbag.

Zenshiite
12-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I can't think of Steven Seagal without thinking of Will Sasso...

GeneChing
12-07-2009, 10:57 AM
This is a little dated, but it's still funny.

Tuesday, March 20, 2001
Top Ten Messages On Steven Seagal's Answering Machine (http://www.cbs.com/late_night/late_show/top_ten/)
10."Great film. Was it a challenge memorizing your four lines?"
9."This is Blockbuster. You have a bunch of overdue Steven Seagal movies"
8."You know that part when the bad guy said something that made you mad, so you kicked him? How do you come up with stuff like that?"
7."This is Bob at the carwash. All of a sudden you're too big to come to work?"
6."Hey, Steve, it's the devil. Remember that contract you signed?"
5."Stevie Seagal, it's Josh Goldstein from your Hebrew school"
4."Hey, it's Letterman. Can you give me a ride to kung fu class?"
3."You have no messages"
2."It's your brother: I want $50,000 in unmarked bills or I reveal that you're 74 years old"
1."Your new movie kicks ass!!! You're awesome!!! Give me a call in the Oval Office"

GeneChing
12-14-2009, 10:57 AM
These lone episode may be your only chance to see the show...

Seagal colossal decline (http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/seagal_colossal_decline_TqbgHW5ZbYEZF1bhqfWXcO)
Post staff writer
Last Updated: 12:19 PM, December 14, 2009
Posted: 2:39 AM, December 14, 2009

Steven Seagal, the martial-arts movie star who is trying his hand at reality TV, ought to file a missing-persons report -- because he's lost nearly half his audience in a week.

Between Weeks 1 and 2 of his new show, "Lawman" on A&E, more than 43 percent of his viewers disappeared, according to Nielsen.

On the show, Seagal is followed by cameras as he rides along -- as a deputy -- with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in Louisiana.

The show got mixed reviews from critics for its unintentional comedy, poking fun at Seagal's action-hero reputation and the sheer awkwardness of a Hollywood actor comporting himself as a cop in the real world of petty crime and traffic stops.

From the ratings, it would appear a lot of fans believe one episode was enough for them.

The series' premiere two weeks ago set a record for the longtime cable channel, 3.6 million viewers.

But by last week, the ratings were down to just 2 million people watching.

That's not a bad number for cable TV, where about 1 million viewers is the cutoff for failure on new shows, but disappointing for a show with a big-bang start.

Jimbo
12-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I caught a couple episodes that were shown in a row. Aside from Seagal's presence, it's even less interesting than Cops.

Lee Chiang Po
12-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I caught a couple episodes that were shown in a row. Aside from Seagal's presence, it's even less interesting than Cops.

When you consider that he is working in a suburb of New Orleans, it is only a matter of time before it gets interesting. I read somewhere that New Orleans is the most dangerous city in the US. When I lived there it was wild and wooly at times. The man has achieved more in his life than most men have and is still living a dream. I find him to be a very interesting individual.

LCP

sanjuro_ronin
12-15-2009, 07:20 AM
I love Steven, the few times I have met him and had a chance to train with him a bit, were great times, and I know how little he cares about his "movie image" sort of speaking, that is why he signed that nice contract for all those straight to DVD movies.
I do still miss the "old" Seagal at times though.

TaichiMantis
12-15-2009, 07:49 AM
I love Steven, the few times I have met him and had a chance to train with him a bit, were great times, and I know how little he cares about his "movie image" sort of speaking, that is why he signed that nice contract for all those straight to DVD movies.
I do still miss the "old" Seagal at times though.

...the wife beating Seagal?:mad:

sanjuro_ronin
12-15-2009, 07:54 AM

LOL !
Sometimes a ***** needs mofu slap !!

I was referring to his movies and I can say this, those incidents changed the man for the better, Hollywood can be a poison for some.
No excuse mind you, there is no excuse for that, but there are reasons.

GeneChing
01-04-2010, 11:09 AM
This show sounds strangely entertaining... will it survive the season?

TV Recap: Steven Seagal Lawman - "Medicine Man" (http://blogcritics.org/video/article/tv-recap-steven-seagal-lawman-medicine/)

We are headed into the New Year and we have yet to run out of Lawman episodes so let’s take care of the latest recap! In this past week’s episode, "Medicine Man," Seagal fans are treated to the usual formula: Seagal and his team patrol the streets, eventually spot a suspect, and get involved in some sort of profanity-laced foot chase that inevitably sets up the episode’s theme.

This week’s chases include a suspicious person in front of a liquor store, some guy driving while intoxicated, and some more suspicious guys in a parking lot. Apparently all the chases were more than Colonel John Fortunato’s knee could handle — ergo, this week’s theme!

After the first few chases Seagal decides to take Colonel Fortunato to a Chinese medicine man for some knee relief. Not only do we learn that Seagal is an expert in traditional Chinese medicine but we also get to see Seagal use acupuncture to treat Fortunato’s weight problem. Is his large appetite the reason he has knee problems? We really never find out but Seagal does offer us this: “We’ll speed up the metabolism and you will eat less, digest more, and lose weight.”

Later, during one of the profanity-laced foot chases, Seagal is outrun by a fleeing suspect. However, Seagal does explain why the guy escaped. "He just outran me — he had too much of a head start."

Yeah, right. All I can say is that if Seagal’s physique and apparent foot speed is evidence of the effectiveness of acupuncture for weight loss, then Mr. Fortunato had better plan to buy larger pants.

The chuckle of the week goes to some drunken guy who was driving his vehicle while drinking bourbon from a cup. Since he had no outstanding warrants, Seagal’s team calls the drunk a cab and eventually lets him go. However, during the interaction, this guy questions Seagal’s martial arts prowess and rattles off a list of Hollywood martial artists who he thinks Steven could or could not “take.” Included in this list is the lesser known martial artist, “Sacky Chan.”

And that quote, my friend, pretty much sums up this episode.

Sacky Chan!

goju
01-04-2010, 12:32 PM
darn thatw as a great show tv:mad:

im a still a big steven seagal fan i even like his newer movies as well they are always reliable for providing good stuff

1bad65
01-04-2010, 12:48 PM

No kidding.

The guy is a total douche. He married his way into his Aikido rank and then dumped her when he got famous, he beat at least one wife, he committed polygamy, he slept with his children's nanny, he used his Hollywood power to sexually harrass women (google Steven Seagal and Jenny McCarthy to see her hilarious story about him trying to get her on his 'casting couch'), and yet he somehow convinced the Tibetans to say he is a reincarnated Lama.

sanjuro_ronin
01-04-2010, 01:32 PM
No kidding.

The guy is a total douche. He married his way into his Aikido rank and then dumped her when he got famous, he beat at least one wife, he committed polygamy, he slept with his children's nanny, he used his Hollywood power to sexually harrass women (google Steven Seagal and Jenny McCarthy to see her hilarious story about him trying to get her on his 'casting couch'), and yet he somehow convinced the Tibetans to say he is a reincarnated Lama.

You say all that stuff as if they were bad things.

goju
01-04-2010, 01:45 PM
No kidding.

wow:eek: ididnt know all that i thought he just got involved with the mob a bit and that was all:eek:

goju
01-04-2010, 01:54 PM
ah well i still like him anyway

really whos hasnt tried to get in jenny mc carthys pants and claimed they were a reincarnated lama at one point in their life

was it this kind of lama
http://dpkgi.free.fr/files/lama.jpg

1bad65
01-04-2010, 03:35 PM
You say all that stuff as if they were bad things.

Well, he did fail to get in Jenny's pants. And the way he tried to bed her was hilarious.

Lucas
01-07-2010, 04:57 PM
i just saw seagal in the jimmy kimble show. it was actually pretty funny. he 'trained' with the security staff there and they are all like older people and he was telling them how ashamed he was of them. all in good humor of course.

there was one guard, some like 60 year old asian lady who said 'i want to **** the **** ouf of steven seagal" that was so funny.

Lee Chiang Po
01-07-2010, 08:47 PM
No kidding.

Most of this is just conjecture and personal opinion. No basis for it. And what real man has not been married for more then a few years has not intertained the thought of whipping his wife's a$$ now and then? And the nanny thing. It all depends on what she looks like. Or looked like at the time.
I don't see anything here that has not been done by just about everyone in the movie business. What makes him any worse? And besides that, can you whip him?

LCP

1bad65
01-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Most of this is just conjecture and personal opinion. No basis for it. And what real man has not been married for more then a few years has not intertained the thought of whipping his wife's a$$ now and then? And the nanny thing. It all depends on what she looks like. Or looked like at the time.

I don't see anything here that has not been done by just about everyone in the movie business. What makes him any worse? And besides that, can you whip him?

Actually it's all true. His marriage to Kelly LeBrock was annulled because he had not divorced his first wife when he married her. So he committed polygamy. He had a kid with his nanny, so we know he slept with her. And hitting a woman is classless, not a joke.

And even if everyone else does it (which is ridiculous to say), why is he some Lama? Would a legit religion look at someone who did those things as someone to look up to, to emulate? Get real.

As to me whipping him, I'd bet on myself. I didn't have to marry my way to my rank, I earned it.

Scott R. Brown
01-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I could whip him in a foot race easy!:)

goju
01-08-2010, 09:41 AM

LCP

lol wow:eek::D

GeneChing
04-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Too bad as the scandal (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1005648#post1005648)might have livened up the show.

GeneChing
04-16-2010, 09:39 AM
...if only I watched the show, I might get it better. :rolleyes:

7 Ways to Save "Steven Seagal Lawman" (http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/a-clockwork-orange/steven-seagal-lawman-off-air/)
By Matt Coker, Thursday, Apr. 15 2010 @ 8:47AM

​As close readers know, Clockwork is a huuuuuuuge fan of Steven Seagal Lawman. Sadly, the A&E reality series has shut down due to silly allegations of sexual harassment, illegal trafficking of females for sex, failure to prevent sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination in violation of public policy, and false representations about employment lodged against the actor/lawman.

First, can you imagine how much better the show would have been if all those things had happened in front of the cameras? Personal assistant Kayden Nguyen alleges Steven Seagal had two Russian hookers at the ready to fulfill his sex needs. Russian hookers = ratings gold. They spent an entire Lawman last season debating whether to kill rats, fer chrissakes.

B) No doubt rejoicing are the thugs, petty criminals and assorted scum of Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, where Steven Seagal served as deputy chief of the reserve deputies. (Don't go telling me that was a title made up for the reality show; Steven Seagal was the only member of the force always shown in a flak jacket with "Sheriff" emblazoned across the chest.)

Well, good citizens of Jefferson Parish, rejoice. Clockwork presents seven ways to save Steven Seagal Lawman.

* Weave in a plot line about how Steven Seagal was performing an undercover sex trafficking investigation. Why hadn't Steven Seagal told anyone Steven Seagal was performing an undercover sex trafficking investigation? Because he's Steven Seagal! Steven Seagal doesn't follow the suits' "rules."

* Point out that the two Russian hookers were actually Sgt. Larry Dyess and Captain Alex Norman in drag.

* Blame it all on PTKSD (Post Traumatic Katrina Stress Disorder).

* Explain Steven Seagal did not reach Steven Seagal's ham hands up the skirt, try to touch the breasts and stick his ham hands down the pants of Nguyen on her first night just for jollies. Steven Seagal was teaching the 23-year-old the proper way to pat down a perp.

* As for repeating the unscheduled pat down the next day, state that Steven Seagal was again giving a lesson. As Steven Seagal's sensei taught Steven Seagal: repetition, repetition, repetition!

* Let Fortunato take the fall. Works every time!

* Change the name of the series to Steven Seagal Lawman? Not So Much.

GeneChing
08-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Guilty plea in Seagal reality-show arrest (http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20100830/ENTERTAINMENT/100839928/1275?Title=Guilty-plea-in-Seagal-reality-show-arrest)
The Associated Press
Published: Monday, August 30, 2010 at 3:00 p.m.
Last Modified: Monday, August 30, 2010 at 3:01 p.m.

GRETNA — A 30-year-old Marrero man who last year challenged his cocaine possession arrest during filming of the A&E network series “Steven Seagal: Lawman” has pleaded guilty in state court.

Jimmy Sarrio admitted Friday that he had a small amount of cocaine when arrested July 26, 2009. He was sentenced to two years probation.

Sarrio waged a pretrial battle to have evidence in the case tossed on grounds that Seagal, a reserve deputy chief with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office, and other deputies lacked legal grounds to question him while he was parked on a friend’s lawn.

Sarrio says he was minding his business when Seagal and the deputies ordered him out of the car.

Seagal testified in June that deputies thought Sarrio might be in need of help.
Anyone see that episode?

GeneChing
10-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Better than being canceled, I suppose.

Actor Steven Seagal resigns his JPSO reserve-deputy post (http://www.nola.com/tv/index.ssf/2010/10/actor_steven_seagal_resigns_hi.html)
Published: Friday, October 01, 2010, 5:01 PM Updated: Friday, October 01, 2010, 5:27 PM

But fans of the show should get all of it they can while they can: Seagal, whom Harry Lee invited to join the JPSO as a reserve deputy more than two decades ago, has resigned from the force.

“He tendered his resignation about three and a half weeks ago maybe,” Sheriff Newell Normand said Friday (October 1). “I did not actually have any conversations with him. The production company had asked of me whether or not we were going to continue filming the show. I had indicated that we would not. Shortly thereafter I received his resignation.”

Kayden Nguyen filed a $1 million sexual harassment lawsuit against Seagal in April claiming that the actor attempted to keep Nguyen, who had applied in Los Angeles for a job as his personal assistant, as a “sex toy” in a Lafitte house during filming of the upcoming episodes.

The suit was dismissed in July, but Normand suspended production on the series at the time of its filing.

“We had this unfortunate incident, a situation I guess they ultimately reached some compromise on,” Normand said of the suit. “That’s, I guess, fine for him, but internally it would’ve required an internal investigation on that matter. We were going to proceed further once that matter was resolved and it was clear that she did not want to proceed criminally. We had reached out to Nguyen on several occasions to try and get her to come in, to no avail. Then we would have, because of the seriousness of the allegations, had an internal investigation.

“I don’t have any ill will toward him, and I don’t think they (Seagal, A&E and production entities Granada America and Steamroller Films) have any toward the JPSO.

“I think he just made a decision to move on.”

A&E promoted the first episodes of the series by distributing infant-sized flak jackets to TV critics. The show's Dec. 2, 2009 debut was the network's most-watched series premiere ever, drawing 3.5 million domestic viewers.

The series aired globally, and Normand noted the "overwhelmingly positive" feedback he received from far-flung law-enforcement colleagues.

A second season of 16 episodes was ordered in February 2010.

According to A&E, which through a publicity spokesman declined comment on news of Seagal's resignation from the JPSO, the concluding run of "Lawman" covers eight episodes.

GeneChing
10-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Still haven't watched the show. :o

Seagal trains with samurai sword to help his police work (http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1589673.php/Seagal-trains-with-samurai-sword-to-help-his-police-work)
Steven Seagal at Richard Branson's Virgin Media party held at Cirque Nightclub in London. - Splash News

http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles2/1589673/article_images/headline_1286435050.jpg
Steven Seagal at Richard Branson's Virgin Media party held at Cirque Nightclub in London. - Splash News

By Lee Brown Oct 7, 2010, 8:01 GMT

Steven Seagal returns to his martial arts roots as he trains with lethal Japanese samurai swords in his reality TV show.

Steven Seagal: Lawman follows the action star in his low-key life as a reserve deputy with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in Louisiana.

But in the start of his new season he went back to what he is best known for - insisting that 'the ancient philosophy of swordsmanship' is what he relies on for his police work.

'Swordsmanship is a philosophy, a way of life, where you learn to not only protect yourself but all innocent people,' he said sagely. 'When you're a cop all of those techniques and all of those philosophies come into play.'

He added: 'The sword symbolises the should of any great warrior. The real weapon is the swordsman - the mind behind the sword is the real weapon. The sword and the philosophy is applicable today. It's something I believe is my path. Perfecting the art of war in order to stop war.'

GeneChing
02-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Steven Seagal going back on patrol! A&E's 'Lawman' to resume production in Phoenix -- EXCLUSIVE (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/15/steven-seagal-lawman-phoenix/)
by James Hibberd

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/110215/Steven-Seagal_320.jpg
Steven Seagal is getting his badge back.

Production on his COPS-style A&E reality show Lawman may have been shut down last year when the actor was accused of illicit behavior, but now Deputy Seagal has now landed a new beat: Phoenix, Ariz., where controversial Sheriff Joe Arpaio has welcomed the actor to resume shooting. As a result, A&E has greenlit a third season of Steven Seagal Lawman, with Seagal going on patrol in Maricopa County.

“I have a lot of friends in the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, so when Sheriff Joe Arpaio invited me to join them, there wasn’t a moment’s hesitation,” Seagal said. “Certain crimes in Arizona are on the rise and now that I live there, I want to help the sheriff fight it the best way I know how. It’s an honor to serve.”

Hear that bad guys? Crime is on the rise, but Steven Seagal is coming to town.

“Mr. Seagal has been on this horse before, so to speak, and will be an asset to this fine organization,” says Arpaio. “We look forward to working with him. We’re a little unusual here, which should make things pretty interesting.”

The first two seasons of Lawman were shot in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, where Seagal was embedded with local sheriffs departments. Last year, Seagal learned nobody is above the law when he was accused of sex trafficking by a personal assistant. The lawsuit was dropped, but the tabloid headlines prompted Louisiana authorities to shut down production on the show.

But now, like something from a wild buddy cop movie, Seagal and the always colorful Arpaio will join forces. Arpaio promotes himself as “America’s Toughest Sheriff” and is an outspoken proponent against illegal immigration. He’s also been the subject of FBI and Department of Justice investigations for civil rights violations and abuse of power. Seagal will execute outstanding arrest warrants, respond to emergency situations, work with the narcotics unit, and more. The teaming should make for very interesting viewing.

Steven Seagal Lawman premiered in December 2009 to 3.5 million total viewers, making it one of the most-watched original series launches in A&E’s history.
Seagal is at it again. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1080500#post1080500)

enoajnin
08-31-2011, 03:49 PM
I guess not everyone is a fan.

Steven Seagal is being threatened with a lawsuit over his part in a police raid that was taped for his A&E reality show, TMZ reported.

The actor, who has served as a reserve deputy sheriff since the mid-'80s, was part of a team that arrived at Jesus Sanchez Llovera's Arizona house in March with a tank and armed in full riot gear, Llovera alleges in his legal documents.

VIDEO: Steven Seagal Arrives for Police Bust in Tank

Llovera claims that the raid, carried out by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department, was "unfounded" because they believed Llovera was raising roosters for illegal ****fighting. But he says the roosters are only "for show."

Llovera -- who served both Seagal and Sheriff Joe Arpaio with an official notice of claim, the first step toward a lawsuit -- says his 11-month-old puppy was shot and killed during the raid and that police also killed more than 100 of his roosters.

STORY: A&E, Steven Seagal Resolve Multimillion-Dollar 'Lawman' Suit

Additionally, he says the police rammed the tank into a gate on his property and that his home suffered "substantial damage."

Llovera is seeking $100,000 in damages and wants a "formal written apology" from Seagal to his children for the death of their puppy, "a beloved family pet."

According to TMZ, the entire incident was recorded for Seagal's reality show, Steven Seagal Lawman.

A&E declined comment when contacted by The Hollywood Reporter. Seagal and the Maricopa County authorities have yet to comment.

lkfmdc
08-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Even IF the guy was raising chickens to fight, you do NOT shoot a puppy, that is just wrong!

doug maverick
08-31-2011, 05:27 PM
i agree...thats wrong...and a tank??for some **** chickens...a tank? wow what a way to spend tax payers money...glad i dont live in that county...nypd doesnt even have tanks.

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-02-2011, 11:03 AM
He also drove a TANK through a dude's house on a routine dog fighting raid...

Discuss

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/08/31/actor-steven-seagal-sued-for-driving-tank-into-arizona-home-killing-puppy/

Dragonzbane76
09-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Jesus Llovera’s

what a name...

Hebrew Hammer
09-02-2011, 11:09 AM
The puppy had it coming! It just says Seagal was there doesn't say he drove the tank or shot any animals. A nice smear campaign nonetheless.

Lee Chiang Po
09-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Louisiana is like a foreign contry. No counties, but parrishes. I have stood right next to Steven, and at 5'4" I would have needed a tall ladder to spit in his face. Even if he didn't know any fighting techniques he could whip most mens butt. Probably weighs in at over 300 pounds too.
I don't believe he killed any animals or drove a tank. I think most of it is simply bs. You gots to credit the guy. He left home in persuit of his dream and is now living it. He gots more money than anyone here too.

doug maverick
09-03-2011, 07:48 PM
he didnt kill any animals or drive a tank...but he was there..i think thats the issue people are discussing.

wiz cool c
09-03-2011, 09:11 PM
i m in china dotn get to see it, did segal get to use any aikdo on the show yet?

GeneChing
01-29-2013, 11:00 AM
What is it with these fame-hungry PDs?

Steven Seagal sworn-in as newest Doña Ana County sheriff's deputy (http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-news/ci_22435158/steven-seagal-sworn-newest-do-241-ana-county)
Sun-News report
Posted: 01/23/2013 03:50:06 PM MST
Updated: 8:15 p.m.

EL PASO — Like any good action-movie hero, he's back.

Steven Seagal, who has played no-nonsense tough guys in dozens of movies, has been sworn-in as a sheriff's deputy in Doña Ana County in Southern New Mexico.

The 60-year-old martial arts specialist was sworn-in by Sheriff Todd Garrison during a brief ceremony Tuesday at sheriff's headquarters in Las Cruces.

The deputization took place more than a year after Seagal was named a part-time deputy in sparsely populated Hudspeth County in far West Texas.

"This was really all part of the plan (when Seagal was deputized in Hudspeth County) to get him seated in more than one border county. It made a lot of sense to be in Doña Ana County," said Gary "Rusty" Fleming, spokesman for the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Office.

Fleming said Seagal has done some long-distance consulting but has yet to return to Hudspeth County after he was deputized.

Hudspeth County, which is east of El Paso, is best known for the celebrity drug busts of Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg and others at a Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca.

On Tuesday, Seagal filled paperwork, took part in firearms qualifications and was deputized in Doña Ana County.

Seagal, who starred in movies such as "Machete," "Out for Justice" and "Under Siege," could not be reached for comment. He left town after dinner.

The Associated Press reports that Seagal, Danny Trejo and Ving Rhames are in the Albuquerque area filming

Doña Ana County sheriff's spokeswoman Kelly Jameson said that Seagal is a considered a reserve officer. According to New Mexico law, he can only carry out police work while with a commissioned peace officer. She said Seagal is expected to take part in a border security training in the coming months.

"Mr. Seagal has spent decades in law enforcement training, and has a special interest in the unique challenges our department faces along the border," Undersheriff Eddie Lerma said in a statement. "He has been an asset to other border communities, where he believes public safety is of particular concern. We are honored to bring that experience to this department as well." A sp

okeswoman said the El Paso County Sheriff's Office has no plans of deputizing Seagal despite what neighboring counties have done.

Seagal was a reserve deputy for more than 20 years with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in Louisiana. His work as a deputy was filmed in the reality series "Steven Seagal: Lawman" on the A&E cable network.

Seagal has also been a deputy for Arizona's controversial Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County.

Last year, the Arizona Republic newspaper reported that a Phoenix man filed a lawsuit against Seagal and the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office after a tank knocked down a wall during a SWAT raid linked to a ****fighting investigation. The plaintiff claims the 2011 raid was orchestrated for the benefit of Seagal's TV show. The episode did not air.

Fleming, who is also a filmmaker, said that Seagal's deputization is not a publicity stunt or part of a TV show. Seagal does have an appearance in Fleming's upcoming anti-drug film "Operation Detour," which is scheduled to premiere in El Paso next month.

Fleming, who accompanied Seagal at the swearing-in ceremony in New Mexico, said the aikido martial arts expert - which involves holds and circular movements against an opponent - has a genuine interest in police work on the border.

"It goes back to the fact that Steven sees the same thing we see in law enforcement — that the border is the weakest link in the chain in our national security system," Fleming said.

"In regards to the sheriff's office, he offers an aspect of training, consulting and tactical experience that we welcome," Fleming said. "Any kind of edge we can get over the cartels and the gangs that we deal with, we will take it."

GeneChing
01-03-2014, 09:50 AM
You just gotta wonder why these episodes were 'lost'. :rolleyes:

Actor, martial arts expert Steven Seagal teams up with Sheriff Joe Arpaio in new reality show (http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/state/actor-martial-arts-expert-steven-seagal-teams-up-with-sheriff-joe-arpaio-in-new-reality-show)
Posted: 9:41 PM
Last Updated: 4 hours and 23 minutes ago
By: abc15.com staff

He's one the most popular action figures in motion picture history, but now martial arts expert Steven Seagal is front and center in another role - that of a law enforcement officer.

The world famous actor is once again assuming top billing in the newly released reality series "Steven Seagal - Lawman: Maricopa County" (The Lost Episodes.)

The series, which begins airing in January on cable TV's Reelz Network, was shot in Arizona in 2011 after Seagal teamed-up with none other than Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Seagal says Arpaio originally enlisted him to train deputies and posse members in both marksmanship and martial arts. According to Seagal, it was match made in heaven. Not only could he further his life long commitment to law enforcement, he also found plenty of fodder for the "Lawman" reality series which was then airing on A&E. The seventh degree black belt holder said working with the controversial Arpaio allowed him to see firsthand the challenges facing authorities as they try and deal with what he believes is the most critical issue facing America today.

"I think our biggest problem is the open border," Seagal said, during a one-on-one interview with ABC15. I think this is a tremendous oversight by our current administration. As Ronald Reagan once said, if we don't have security on our borders, we don't have a country."

When asked about Arpaio's polarizing policies,Seagal defended the controversial sheriff.

"When people ask if Joe Arpaio's a racist, I'm not going to say I don't think so. I'm going to say I know he's not a racist. He's not. He doesn't care what nationality you are. He cares if you're a criminal. If somebody murders somebody we go and arrest them. If someone robs a bank we go and arrest them. We don't care if they're Mexican, Irish, French, German or Chinese. We don't care. We really don't."

While Seagal took part in a number of MCSO busts not everything went as planned. After a high profile raid on a suspected cartel member's home, critics slammed Seagal and Arpaio, saying the duo staged the event just for the sake of the cameras. Dozens of SWAT officers took part in the operation, which resulted in a single arrest for organized ****fighting.

Seagal maintains the show of force, including the use of a small armored car, was not over the top, but was the result of an abundance of caution.

"When we have intel like that we don't go with just me and my partner," Seagal said. "We go with SWAT just to make sure nobody gets hurt."

Two years after the raid (and a failed lawsuit by the suspect convicted of felony ****fighting) Seagal has made Arizona his home. He still feels strongly about about immigration issues and says he's considering a job that could impact the process, especially on a state level.

"Joe Arpaio and I were talking about me running for governor of Arizona. I would remotely consider it, but I have a lot of other responsibilities that may be more important to address."

And as for those who Seagal says hold the most important jobs in Arizona ...

"Police officers, the real ones, are a unique breed. They would give their lives if they had to for people they don't even know. They are my family."