sanjuro_ronin
11-28-2008, 02:11 PM
its about time!

Blasphemer !!!

Lucas
11-28-2008, 03:10 PM
hehe.

DC always goes big with the deaths.

I'm betting Nightwing becomes the new batman. I dont actually follow the storyline anymore, but batman was one of the few heros that eventually aged.

doug maverick
11-28-2008, 05:28 PM
booooo tht **** is whack. especially since u know they are gonna bring him back. so its not like its all huge and big. whatever, you know what was big when cyclops died beating apocolypse that was big. as for the next batman. i think it would be ****. but tim wayne(bruce legally adopted him) is the heir to the thrown, although right now he still to young to put on the cape and cowl.

Lucas
11-28-2008, 05:31 PM
my vote is for **** Grayson, just because hes hardcore enough to actually BE batman.

Tims raw, but I would put Grayson over him in a fight. we all know batman gotz to be da best.

RIP Bruce Wayne

;)

doug maverick
11-28-2008, 09:41 PM
as reported by wenn media:
Batman Not Killed Off In Comic
28 November 2008 8:02 AM, PST

D.C. Comics bosses have dismissed rumours Batman is to be killed off in their popular comic book, insisting reports of the crime-fighting superhero's demise have been blown out of proportion.

Rumours the Caped Crusader would meet a grisly end began circulating the internet earlier this week (begs24Nov08) after D.C. Comics executives announced the latest strip would be titled, Batman, R.I.P.: Conclusion.

But while the story ends on a cliffhanger, executive editor Dan Didio insists Batman will return.

Didio tells the New York Daily News, "He's not dead, though he'll definitely be gone for a while.

"Batman and (alter ego) Bruce Wayne have been here long before me, and they'll be around long after me."

Zenshiite
11-29-2008, 01:53 AM
I've been following the story... he's definitely not dead and I think why Bruce Wayne stops being the Bat is because of something he does at the end of RIP.

doug maverick
11-29-2008, 03:52 AM
well he doesnt need to be batman anymore. he can finally just leave it to younger man. both **** and tim can fill the role. **** has the edge and tim has the detective skills. they both got the training. time for batman to sit his old ass down i mean in real time he is almost 70 years old.

sanjuro_ronin
12-01-2008, 09:36 AM
as reported by wenn media:

Good to hear.

brothernumber9
12-01-2008, 12:28 PM
They already tried it with the Knightfall saga and showed how miserably it failed, making Azrael the new Batman, and then an Azraelish armored Batman. Grayson is the logical fit, but will they do it? I assume Drake will inherit Wayne fortune. I am curious if they will try to involve Jason Todd aka Robin #2.

doug maverick
12-01-2008, 12:52 PM
he's not dead. so idk about inhereting his fortune.

Zenshiite
12-01-2008, 11:09 PM
They already tried it with the Knightfall saga and showed how miserably it failed, making Azrael the new Batman, and then an Azraelish armored Batman. Grayson is the logical fit, but will they do it? I assume Drake will inherit Wayne fortune. I am curious if they will try to involve Jason Todd aka Robin #2.

Were Bruce dead Tim would definitely inherit the fortune... Bruce adopted him after his father and mother died. Technically he could be "Tim Wayne" now. There's also Damian al-Ghul Wayne... Bruce's son from Talia al-Ghul. That kid is nutso, and about 12.

At any rate, the actually gave Grayson a go at being Batman in a storyline shortly after the Knightfall series called Prodigal. Didn't stick, obviously.

Oh, doug, the did some major timeline shifting I guess and basically everything from the first appearance to like 1950 is an entirely different universe than 1950 to like the late 60s, and that's a different universe than the 70s to late 80s. Etc. Really really convoluted crap going on at DC. Needless to say, Bruce is at most like 40-45 years old.

doug maverick
12-02-2008, 05:56 AM
Were Bruce dead Tim would definitely inherit the fortune... Bruce adopted him after his father and mother died. Technically he could be "Tim Wayne" now. There's also Damian al-Ghul Wayne... Bruce's son from Talia al-Ghul. That kid is nutso, and about 12.

At any rate, the actually gave Grayson a go at being Batman in a storyline shortly after the Knightfall series called Prodigal. Didn't stick, obviously.

Oh, doug, the did some major timeline shifting I guess and basically everything from the first appearance to like 1950 is an entirely different universe than 1950 to like the late 60s, and that's a different universe than the 70s to late 80s. Etc. Really really convoluted crap going on at DC. Needless to say, Bruce is at most like 40-45 years old.

yea im well aware of that. i was referring to reality not the batman story line.;)

@PLUGO
12-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Considering that the follow up issue is due out tomorrow there's not much to say.

The BATMAN R.I.P storyline's a fun one. But if Joker can survive being shot in the head then having the ambulance he's driving knocked off a bridge, I suspect Bruce Wayne will have survived an exploding helicopter.

With the NIGHT WING comic being canceled, as well as the Robin comic. My guess is that **** Grayson will become the new BATMAN in a soon to be released BATMAN & ROBIN comic.

I suspect there will be several BATMEN running around in the next year.