PDA

View Full Version : Can you beat this fat guy?

MasterKiller
11-29-2008, 06:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yzw_JG3x5k

golgo
11-29-2008, 06:35 PM

Unfortunately, no I cant.

Matrix
11-29-2008, 06:47 PM
What has being "fat" got to do with anything? It's a common mistake to underestimate your opponent based on superficial observations.

taai gihk yahn
11-29-2008, 07:02 PM
what you didn't know was that the winner's friends had slathered the loser's pants with gravy beforehand...

TenTigers
11-29-2008, 07:05 PM
I woul've liked to have seen more footage-he was just about to walk over to the guy he beat and shake hands. I bet that guy had a few choice words by the way he took that defeat.
Fat guy spun pretty deftly into the armbar.
Talk about not judging a book by its cover-when he put his glasses on, he looked very unas$uming.

MasterKiller
11-29-2008, 11:44 PM
What has being "fat" got to do with anything? It's a common mistake to underestimate your opponent based on superficial observations.

Spoken like a true fattie.

Eddie
11-30-2008, 02:47 AM
its just amazing to see how Martialarts is developing, even backyard brawls are taking more of a MMA feel. I remember when we played fighting back when I was younger... I honestly think this is really good. Regardless of how fat the guy is or from which social background he comes from, these guys are really putting an effort into learning MA. Good for them.

Mr Punch
11-30-2008, 07:17 AM
British soap fans - is that not Sinbad!? :D

Possibly. The shot sucked and it was a very sloppy arm-bar.

Oso
11-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Yes. I'm a bigger fat guy. :)

BoulderDawg
11-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Hmmmm.....This guy isn't as big as some pros I've seen on TV (Ex-A guy on the undercard at the Kimbo Slice fiasco).

The tall muscular guy did not seem to have a lot of training. Either way if the fat guy fights someone with a little quickness and experience it's going to be bad news after about three minutes.:D

Matrix
11-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Either way if the fat guy fights someone with a little quickness and experience it's going to be bad news after about three minutes.:DMaybe. Maybe not. That's pure speculation. Of course at some point he's going to lose to someone with more skill and more experience but that can be said about most people, but it could take more than you think.

Matrix
11-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Spoken like a true fattie.I'm just an honorary fattie, but thanks anyways. :)

sanjuro_ronin
12-01-2008, 09:33 AM

Yes, but Sammo would kick me ass !
:D

SimonM
12-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Either way if the fat guy fights someone with a little quickness and experience it's going to be bad news after about three minutes.:D

That depends.

I tend towards over-weight. In order to counter stamina issues I spent a lot of time just sparring for as long as humanly possible. I can outlast a lot of skinnier guys by dint of acclimatization.

Eric Olson
12-01-2008, 11:09 AM
That was awesome!

EO

Drake
12-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Once the fat guy got on top of him, it was over.

During OCS, they kept telling us many of our tournaments were won by a fat guy basically just using his body weight and keeping the guy down.

David Jamieson
12-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Chubs controlled the event.

Disappointment boy was smothered, panicked, lost control and lost the battle.

Chubs knew what to do.

Therein lies the difference.

no offence with the "chubs" sobriquet, but hey, it is better than "tubby" or "twinkie" lol.

Ray Pina
12-03-2008, 09:53 AM
I think so.... but it's scary how many people are training and have rudimentary fundamentals.

Lucas
12-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I think so.... but it's scary how many people are training and have rudimentary fundamentals.

along that line of thought, isnt it interesting to see how many people are involved in martial arts. in actual training.

compared to a few hundred years ago its a huge leap. you have you average person training consistantly with many times decent to good instruction.

fight training, real fight training, isnt stuck within any caste systems any more in the modern day.

i think this is part of the reason we have seen such a huge leap in development.

not only well born people are geniuses. us regular folk can offer some insight as well.

more people, more hands on, quicker evolution. now throw modern mass communication and media into the mix. its like supercharging and adding some nitro to the evo process

Ray Pina
12-03-2008, 11:56 AM
I think we're living in a golden age of martial arts. So much is open and available to learn and test. And there's plenty of folks who are cool, with the right attitude, who will throwdown and shake your hand with respect afterwards.... both learning and growing.

Lucas
12-03-2008, 12:18 PM
I think we're living in a golden age of martial arts. So much is open and available to learn and test. And there's plenty of folks who are cool, with the right attitude, who will throwdown and shake your hand with respect afterwards.... both learning and growing.

i see the same thing.

sure we arent training for a life or death battlefield anymore. which i think is a good thing.

when you have a large part of your practitioners living shortened lives due to actual war, youre cutting out a large portion of people who would possibly be able to help further the science of combat.

as it is today, the only thing that gets people out of the game is debilitating injuries, premature death, and wives ;)