PDA

View Full Version : Baji-Fist -- THANKS BRO!!!

Vertiggo
11-15-2000, 09:12 AM
Baji-Fist,

It's refreshing to read your warm (quite an accomplishment since you're way up in Anchorage) and informative responses.

Y'know, it's funny, when you first mentioned Baji, like you, I automatically assumed that perhaps it wasn't a good system because it wasn't popular (I never read or heard anything about it). In some cases ignorance is not bliss.

Man, it's very cool that you have been selected as a disciple. Now that I'm hooked I'm definitely going to visit Dr. Su's school. I'm fortunate in that I'm bilingual - English/Spanish and I'm learning Cantonese & Mandarin from my girlfriend, so there wouldn't be a language barrier of sorts. I'll keep you posted about what I learn.

As an aside, I became interested in exploring the internal arts after reading a book that I literally just happen to come across (I used to temp at publishing company and this book was just lying on the floor), "The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal" by Kosta Danaos. Some...well...many of the things mentioned in this book purported as true by the author is outrageous.

The book is a biographical in nature. It's about, of course, a taoist immortal named John Chang (also featured in a 1988 documentary film called "Ring of Fire", where he demonstrates his full mastery of ch'i and heals the filmmaker of an eye infection) whose discipline is "Mo-Pai", an art that is 2000 years old. The author, who is a former engineer and a martial arts instructor of jujutsu and tai chi chuan, claims that he has witnessed and experienced all kinds of phenomenas like telekinesis, levitation, telepathy, etc. I dunno, alot of things I read in the book seems more like fiction than fact.

I'm gonna check amazon.com to see if this book is listed with them and if there have been any reviews.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

baji-fist
11-16-2000, 12:30 AM
Vertigo,

Np. I am always more than willing to help and give some opinions on chinese wushu. That is a good thing that you can speak Spanish. Master Su is a real charecter when you meet him. He is like a Taoist, no care in the world. All he really does is teach kung fu and do his chinese medicine stuff. My kung fu bro had the opportunity to visit his school in NY. From what he tells me, Master Su is a real nice guy. He also loves his Chinese food and Beer...hehehehehe! Just in case you don't have his url for his site, here is the address: http://www2.micro-net.com/~ycsu/
If you go to the Tang Lang page, you will find a old clip of him performing the entire Lan Jie form from seven star mantis. In that clip, you will se why he was given the nickname "Lightning Fist" Su. Gotta go, take care and keep up with the training

You must eat bitter before you can taste sweet.

8stepsifu
11-16-2000, 05:19 AM
I've seen that on his web site. I can see why he was a forms champion. You should get him to a Rave and have him do that (easier said than done I know.) But that last one hand maneuver was slick.)

8Step Sifu