View Full Version : New youtube clip: Buck Sing Gwoon pt10 enjoy

Buck Sing Gwoon
11-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi guys here's part 10 of our series...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=DnhJNL6E62M

enjoy.

Nick
Buck sing Gwoon

P.S Part 11 will be out soon. I will show recent footage of Melbourne Buck Sing Gwoon students fighting against guys from other styles and more...

htowndragon
11-30-2008, 10:25 PM
looks so much like hop gar

hskwarrior
11-30-2008, 11:44 PM
loved the video. Loved the music. looks the instrumentals is the way to go bro. :D

Vilmore
12-01-2008, 06:40 AM
cool stuff as always, hehe sowchoying that poor dummy.

Dont know if you guys have it, but I have an annoying "shake" in the movie. And its such a pity!

lkfmdc
12-01-2008, 07:57 AM

Every time I see their stuff, I think it looks almost exactly like Lama

David Jamieson
12-01-2008, 04:08 PM
it gets too choppy from being sped up.

Charn Fu Gerk
12-01-2008, 06:35 PM
The footage wasn't sped up anywhere.
It's choppy because the footage was transfered from NTSC to PAL off a video tape that's been re-used for several years. That's just the way it looked when the transferal was complete and I'm no pro in video editing so I did what I could with it. :)

Which parts in the clip are you refering to when you say it looks like Hop Gar, or Lama?

htowndragon
12-02-2008, 02:55 AM
applications, and form. technique execution as well. it doesnt lok like most CLF ive seen, even the way you guys sow choy reminds me of the way we sien choy, etc.

the constant forward attack as well. the footwork, etc. etc.

hskwarrior
12-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Thats funny, cause i've noticed people accuse others of speeding up their old film......

couldn't someone just be pretty fast instead of being accused of speeding up films?:confused: just curious

TenTigers
12-02-2008, 09:29 AM
this is true-when I asked Hop-Ga Sifu David Rogers about how Hop-Ga is played, he said "watch your friend who does Buk Sing CLF"
There are whole sections in the Hop-Ga forms that are almost identical to some sections in BSCLF. Footwork angles, chasing, etc
I had heard mention that Wong Yun-Lum had a major influence on CLF. It stands to reason. He had a major influence on Hung-Ga as well.
Did Tarm-Sam study any other systems besides CLF?

hskwarrior
12-02-2008, 09:36 AM
From what i understand, many CLF masters of old were FIRST with the Hung Gar system before going over to the Choy Lee Fut system.

Lau Bun was a Hung Gar student.

Chan Ngau Sing (First Hung Sing Kwoon successor) was also a Hung Gar student.

Tam Sam i think, was also into Hung Gar before CLF. Need to check on that.

Chan Yuen Wu (Chan Heung's FIRST teacher) was said to be with Hung Gar.

nospam
12-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Tam Sam started in Hung Gar then refined his CLF through challenge matches and discussions with various masters/practitioners. He was quite active in pursuing gung fu and analysing what and how others used their goods.

It is not unreasonable to assume a Hop Gar master(s)/practitioners were part of the curve. Bak Hsing flows much differently then the other CLF families.

nospam
:cool:

diego
12-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Tam Sam started in Hung Gar then refined his CLF through challenge matches and discussions with various masters/practitioners. He was quite active in pursuing gung fu and analysing what and how others used their goods.

It is not unreasonable to assume a Hop Gar master(s)/practitioners were part of the curve. Bak Hsing flows much differently then the other CLF families.

nospam
:cool:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XFGyGwy38dM

at the 16 second mark he does crown block hook hand and kick the groin...seen this in Shane Lacey's BS DVD...how much northern influence is in BS CLF compared to other fam'? :)

diego
12-02-2008, 06:33 PM

@ 55 second with the shuffling in the garage, looks so kaido drill styles.

htowndragon
12-02-2008, 10:47 PM
according to one of the laceys sites, tam sam exchanged with wong hon wing, who at one point was wong yan lum's representative.

TenTigers
12-02-2008, 11:04 PM
now that is very cool indeed.:cool:

lkfmdc
12-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Certainly a lot of cross training back in the day in China (at least among those who wanted to be the best fighters they could be). And if you believe the stories, after Wong Yan Lam's fights a lot of people cross trained Lama/Si Ji Hao.

You have "Do Pai" which is a cross between Choy Lay Fut and Lama already you know :D