PDA

View Full Version : law and order svu seeks tai chi experts

doug maverick
12-01-2008, 06:11 PM
maybe i should post this in the internal area as well. anyway i got this email from my friends who work on the show. law and order is looking for tai chi players 35 and over. the job pays 140 bucks fr eight hours plus overtime if necessarry(law and order generally shoots fourteen hours easy). if you guys are interest email you credentials and a picture to: svu@gwcnyc.com dont forget to put TAICHI in the subject box

oh and for those who dont know sv u shoots in nyc so only new york tai chi players need apply.

GeneChing
12-02-2008, 11:12 AM
You gonna try out, Doug? You should. Go for it, bro, and let us know how it goes!

doug maverick
12-02-2008, 01:10 PM
well i worked crew a few times for them and am pretty cool with everyone there. they are looking for older looking people, even with my beard in full effect i only look about thirty. really they want old guys if they can get them.

GeneChing
12-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Make UP!

just kidding and i only write this because my two words are beneath the word character minimum.

doug maverick
12-02-2008, 05:35 PM
well i sent them some good people, i know so i'll just take a commision from that. i have very littl desire to wait around on set for sixteen hours, its alright when ur working behind the scene's because ur actually working. but when ur an actor especially with no trailer or entourage to keep you company its excruciatingly boring. i use to see extras falling asleep all the time. cause its not like u can use ur cell phone.

Lucas
12-02-2008, 05:47 PM
they can always practice their taiji!

GeneChing
12-02-2008, 05:59 PM
I was going to say it's a good time to catch up on your magazine reading. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/index.php)

$180 for 8 hours isn't too bad. Do you get to hang with Mariska or Michaela? Probably not, huh. ;)

doug maverick
12-02-2008, 06:41 PM
man extra's are not even aloud to talk to anybody. for various reasons, nothing hollywood, more so it has to do with the finance of the film or tv project. like for example if the director or producer talks to an extra then that extra becomes a principle and gets a big ass pay bump. so most extras are not aloud to to talk to anybody but the ad's (assistant directors)or DOP(director of photographer) or camera guys. its awesome for someone who wants to just experience being on a set, plus yeah the money is not bad and considering that it shoots about 16 hours that over time pay is pretty sweet too.

Jimbo
12-03-2008, 03:10 AM
A couple years ago my older brother spent a few days in L.A. as an extra on the set of Deadwood. I haven't seen it, though. He and several others were made up as Chinese coolies (we're Japanese, but so what). He also had a walk-on in some movie I forget. He confirmed that it's pretty boring and it was hot.

It would probably be fun to be an extra (once), esp. on a movie. However, unlike me, my bro has a somewhat unique look (almost like a biker).