PDA

View Full Version : OT: Welcome to 1984

Mas Judt
12-06-2008, 08:33 AM
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20081206/Child.Support.Dispute/

I find it disgusting that a government agency can railroad people like this and get away with it. They should be held responsible in the most severe manner.

Although we can expect more and more of this as our government gets bigger and bigger...

David Jamieson
12-06-2008, 09:09 AM
the problem exists in government now. and it's not so much that so much as it is the civil service or the bureaucracy.

At that level, the whole thing seems like it was continued neglect and laziness that led to this mans problems.

relying on someone else to do the work is the way of most civil service agencies and that is a root problem with people in general not just government.

sucks to be that guy though. yeesh.

tsuei08
12-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Wow, I have dealt with some FUBAR bureaucracy before; Like one time I was forced to pay about $65 in reinstatement fees when a tax payment I sent to the wrong address (Courthouse Room # was wrong) was lost... The fact that; a) It was signed for b) it was the only address in the payment request and c) it was LITERALLY across the hall from the office it was supposed to go to, apparently didn't enter into it... I was ****ed, still am, but I CAN'T IMAGINE what this dude has gone through!

uki
12-06-2008, 10:20 AM
when a corrupt government rises into power, it is the duty and responsibilty of the people to bring it down... of course that government would likely label those people as terrorists.