PDA

View Full Version : go greece!!!!

uki
12-07-2008, 07:05 AM
another fine example of the concept... power to the people. the police have what is coming to them, as do the facist governments that stand behind them. :)

From Journalist Anthee Carassava

ATHENS, Greece (CNN) -- Violent riots hit the streets of Greek cities late Saturday and early Sunday as hundreds of youths battled police after an officer shot dead a teenager late Saturday.

1 of 2 The rampaging youths, many of who were self-styled anarchists, threw firebombs, smashed storefronts and burned businesses as they battled with police, who fought back with tear gas.

The violent anger soon spread from central Athens, where it began to other cities.

The shooting death of a 16-year-old boy by a member of an elite police corps was the trigger, officials said.

A police statement said the incident started when six youths pelted a police patrol car with stones.

The teen was shot as he tried to throw a fuel-filled bomb at the officers, police said.
Other youths -- often referred to in Greece as " the known-unknowns -- converged on the site almost immediately, using texting and Web sites to organize and communicate.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/12/07/greece.riots/index.html

Three Harmonies
12-07-2008, 08:58 AM
You throw a malotave (how the hell do you spell that??) ****tail at me and I will shoot your ******* as well!! Perhaps there are issues, but violence begets more violence. Sorry, don't feel so bad for the idiot!

Jake

Xiao3 Meng4
12-07-2008, 09:10 AM
localized rioting sucks, gives 'em a reason to clamp down.

Makes it harder to have a general revolt later on.

uki
12-07-2008, 09:47 AM
You throw a malotave (how the hell do you spell that??) ****tail at me and I will shoot your ******* as well!!montov côcktail. :)

Perhaps there are issues, but violence begets more violence.i agree.

Sorry, don't feel so bad for the idiot!neither do i.

uki
12-07-2008, 10:28 AM
apparently the greece authorities have charged the officer with murder... well done... well done.

uki
12-07-2008, 10:35 AM
some more links...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/7770189.stm

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20081207/FOREIGN/564704432/1002

and apparently i was abit off as well... molotov is the word here. :p

uki
12-07-2008, 11:38 AM
if only americans were so brave... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdb3D-wJ3jg :D

Kansuke
12-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Why don't you show the courage of your convictions and go get yourself shot as well? I'm just sure all your anarchist brothers will leap into action behind you.

Go on now, get to it.

uki
12-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Why don't you show the courage of your convictions and go get yourself shot as well? only idiots get shot.

I'm just sure all your anarchist brothers will leap into action behind you. i am not an anarchist.

Go on now, get to it.the crops are not yet ready to harvest... there is a time an place for everything... today is greece. :)

Kansuke
12-07-2008, 12:47 PM
only idiots get shot.

Like I said...

the crops are not yet ready to harvest... there is a time an place for everything... today is greece.

Oh, so you are just a big mouthed coward who likes to pontificate about his beliefs but is unwilling to act on them. Got it.

uki
12-07-2008, 01:14 PM
whatever you say kansukeewahee... :rolleyes:

Kansuke
12-07-2008, 01:31 PM
?????????????????????????

BoulderDawg
12-07-2008, 02:24 PM
You throw a malotave (how the hell do you spell that??) ****tail at me and I will shoot your ******* as well!! Perhaps there are issues, but violence begets more violence. Sorry, don't feel so bad for the idiot!

Considering what has happened since the shooting I highly doubt it went down like the cops said. My guess is this kid was standing on the side of the road and got shot.

However, just for argument's sake, lets say he threw whatever at the cops...well, after the throw he's standing there emtpy handed in the open.....It was murder pure and simple.

I wish the people of this country had the guts to stand up to the facists.

Xiao3 Meng4
12-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Chicago...
LA...
Montreal...

(sings)
"are you goiiiiiiiing, to San Fran Ciscoooo......"

Kansuke
12-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Considering what has happened since the shooting I highly doubt it went down like the cops said. My guess is this kid was standing on the side of the road and got shot.

However, just for argument's sake, lets say he threw whatever at the cops...well, after the throw he's standing there emtpy handed in the open.....It was murder pure and simple.

I wish the people of this country had the guts to stand up to the facists.

Could you post the vid you took of the incident while you were right there observing it?

Also, see posts #8 & 10

uki
12-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Considering what has happened since the shooting I highly doubt it went down like the cops said. My guess is this kid was standing on the side of the road and got shot.i seem to think you are correct here, for most officers defending and justifying a shooting death will always make it seem as their lives were in some form of grave danger...

However, just for argument's sake, lets say he threw whatever at the cops...well, after the throw he's standing there emtpy handed in the open.....It was murder pure and simple.yeah really... to think that a rock wielding, molotov chickentail throwing 16 year old is a threat to armed officers with machine guns... i am speaking from experience here from my 5 month stint in athens, they patrol with sub-machine guns, just step out of the way of whatever is being thrown and make an arrest, but no, they had to be all trigger happy and look what it got them.

I wish the people of this country had the guts to stand up to the facists.our forefathers are rolling over in their graves.

BoulderDawg
12-07-2008, 03:02 PM
I don't need a video.......The aftermate speaks for itself. Do you think all of these people are in the streets for no reason?

People are rioting because a 16 year old kid was murdered in cold blood. It's harvest time, the chickens have come home to roost...however you would like to put it.

uki
12-07-2008, 03:04 PM
there seems to be no shortage of the fires for roasting em. :D

Kansuke
12-07-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't need a video........

Of course not, because you had decided how you would react before you read word one of the article and because your feelings are based on your political bias rather than any facts or reality. Hysteria as a way of life.

uki
12-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Of course not, because you had decided how you would react before you read word one of the article and because your feelings are based on your political bias rather than any facts or reality. Hysteria as a way of life.so how do you justify your stance on the situation? were you there? did you see what happened? no... not... yet as he has stated, the aftermath speaks for itself. there is no reason to gun down a 16 year old for throwing rocks or a homemade firebomb... period.

KC Elbows
12-07-2008, 03:32 PM
It seems unlikely that the rioting could be so widespread if it weren't about more than one police shooting.

Songshan
12-07-2008, 03:34 PM
so how do you justify your stance on the situation? were you there? did you see what happened? no... not... yet as he has stated, the aftermath speaks for itself. there is no reason to gun down a 16 year old for throwing rocks or
a homemade firebomb
... period.

ROFL!!!!! Really? I say it's a 100 % justified if that is what happened. Really, some of you guys need to get a grip on "conspiracy theories". The government isn't out to get you. Mostly everyone appreciates law enforcement but there is the percentage that think they are the "facists nazis". Rioting sounds more like terrorism to me.

KC Elbows
12-07-2008, 03:35 PM
In fairness, no sane person would assume that someone who just threw a firebomb at you was, afterwards, no longer danger.

But when the response causes rioting to spread, something more is going on.

uki
12-07-2008, 03:40 PM
ROFL!!!!! Really? I say it's a 100 % justified if that is what happened. Really, some of you guys need to get a grip on "conspiracy theories". The government isn't out to get you. Mostly everyone appreciates law enforcement but there is the percentage that think they are the "facists nazis". Rioting sounds more like terrorism to me.considering you seem to be from texas, i expect nothing less from you... of course rioters are considered terrorists... it's the facists in power who are terrorized by popular uprising.

Songshan
12-07-2008, 03:41 PM
In fairness, no sane person would assume that someone who just threw a firebomb at you was, afterwards, no longer danger.

But when the response causes rioting to spread, something more is going on.

uhhh...he would still pose a danger because he already showed intent. What makes you think he wouldn't do it again?? Look up culpable mental states in law.

KC Elbows
12-07-2008, 03:44 PM
The government isn't out to get you.

Some governments are out to cow their populace. The GMD before the PRC took control, El Salvador and Guatemala in the seventies and eighties, at any time lots of countries have secret police running around killing people based not on their innocence or guilt, but on their possible knowledge of potential political enemies.

True, we Americans export that kind of service more than utilize it at home, but there are enough repressive regimes to say that your statement, applied to any country around the world, often doesn't hold true.

uki
12-07-2008, 03:45 PM
What makes you think he wouldn't do it again?? Look up culpable mental states in law.the same mentality can be applied to the police in question.

Songshan
12-07-2008, 03:45 PM
considering you seem to be from texas, i expect nothing less from you... of course rioters are considered terrorists... it's the facists in power who are terrorized by popular uprising.

rigghhhtttt.....I understand who you are uki

uki
12-07-2008, 03:46 PM
rigghhhtttt.....I understand who you are ukiand what are you going to do about? nothing...

KC Elbows
12-07-2008, 03:46 PM
uhhh...he would still pose a danger because he already showed intent. What makes you think he wouldn't do it again?? Look up culpable mental states in law.

That's what I said. If someone just threw a firebomb at a sane person, a sane person would afterwards still consider him a danger.

:confused:

uki
12-07-2008, 03:48 PM
That's what I said. If someone just threw a firebomb at a sane person, a sane person would afterwards still consider him a danger.in this situation it is more probable that a sane person threw a firebomb at an insane one...

Songshan
12-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Some governments are out to cow their populace. The GMD before the PRC took control, El Salvador and Guatemala in the seventies and eighties, at any time lots of countries have secret police running around killing people based not on their innocence or guilt, but on their possible knowledge of potential political enemies.

True, we Americans export that kind of service more than utilize it at home, but there are enough repressive regimes to say that your statement, applied to any country around the world, often doesn't hold true.

Yes of course....keyword is "some" not all. I don't think Greece falls under what your describing, neither does the USA. Are their bad governments? Of course. Who in their mind would honestly believe there isn't bad government?

KC Elbows
12-07-2008, 03:52 PM
in this situation it is more probable that a sane person threw a firebomb at an insane one...

Or a student showing his teacher what he's learned from him. Hard to say which, don't know too much about the Greek political scene these days.

uki
12-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Who in their mind would honestly believe there isn't bad government?ummmmm... those affiliated and working for them.

Songshan
12-07-2008, 03:55 PM
That's what I said. If someone just threw a firebomb at a sane person, a sane person would afterwards still consider him a danger.

:confused:

Yes you did! My apology...misread it the first time :D

and what are you going to do about? nothing...

Right! You are entitled to your beliefs. Just be thankful you live in a country that allows to hold this kind of view and that you have the freedom of speech...otherwise the facists would be knocking on your door!

Songshan
12-07-2008, 03:57 PM
ummmmm... those affiliated and working for them.

......of course

KC Elbows
12-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Yes of course....keyword is "some" not all. I don't think Greece falls under what your describing, neither does the USA. Are their bad governments? Of course. Who in their mind would honestly believe there isn't bad government?

I just find it hard to believe in widespread rioting and fire bombings occurring to some poor innocent government. I'm not clear when that has ever happened.

uki
12-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Right! You are entitled to your beliefs. Just be thankful you live in a country that allows to hold this kind of view and that you have the freedom of speech...otherwise the facists would be knocking on your door!in all honesty i expect them to come a knocking any day now...

KC Elbows
12-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Yes you did! My apology...misread it the first time

No problem, I believe I used a quadruple negative to say it, so confusion was sure to ensue.

Songshan
12-07-2008, 04:09 PM
There is nothing wrong with assembling, protesting, voting, being vocal, expressing your views, etc. etc. towards anything. When that turns into violence, mostly by some act by someone who is at these rallys, that is something else. Rioting and looting does nothing other than destroy your own community. There is no justification for that.

uki
12-07-2008, 04:15 PM
There is nothing wrong with assembling, protesting, voting, being vocal, expressing your views, etc. etc. towards anything. When that turns into violence, mostly by some act by someone who is at these rallys, that is something else. Rioting and looting does nothing other than destroy your own community. There is no justification for that.explain your ideals to the facist militaries around the world that kill women, children, and men who have nothing to do with violence... governments should lead by example... unfortunately they still do, but it is an example that they do not want others to follow, otherwise they are branded terrorists.

Songshan
12-07-2008, 04:15 PM
considering you seem to be from texas, i expect nothing less from you... of course rioters are considered terrorists... it's the facists in power who are terrorized by popular uprising.

now uki, what is this suppose to mean??? :eek:

uki
12-07-2008, 04:16 PM
now uki, what is this suppose to mean???now i know assuptions are bad, but i am assuming you are a smart guy... figure it out...

Songshan
12-07-2008, 04:22 PM
explain your ideals to the facist militaries around the world that kill women, children, and men who have nothing to do with violence... governments should lead by example... unfortunately they still do, but it is an example that they do not want others to follow, otherwise they are branded terrorists.

Iraq comes to mind. Saddam Hussein committed genocide. How much criticism is America facing now for removing him? We are being branded war mongols and being told we had no business invading Iraq. :confused:

Songshan
12-07-2008, 04:23 PM
now i know assuptions are bad, but i am assuming you are a smart guy... figure it out...

Don't stereotype. We are all not like that, k?

uki
12-07-2008, 04:29 PM
We are being branded war mongols and being told we had no business invading Iraq.these traitors in power are war mongols and they had no business invading iraq with our fathers, sons, daughters, and wives... none. it was based purely on corporate greed for more oil and the perpetration of total war to eliminate the human populations into a more manageable herd... afterall they are terrorized by anyone who decries their agenda, thus to the extent of being branded a terrorist.

Don't stereotype. We are all not like that, k?you mean americans are not all smart?

BoulderDawg
12-07-2008, 04:30 PM
I think it's about time the people stood up for what is right.

To a lesser extent it's happening right now at the Republic Doors and Windows Company in Chicago. The workers have staged a protest over the illegal closing of the plant. Until they get the money legally owed to him they stood stay and make it know they are not going anywhere.

It's time the workers had a say in the way this country is run.

BoulderDawg
12-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Another thing here:

This is happening in Chicago. It Obama is truly serious about this "Change" idea he should sit in with the workers. He should also promise a "bailout" to them. Afterall they are legally owed that money.

Songshan
12-07-2008, 04:34 PM
these traitors in power are war mongols and they had no business invading iraq with our fathers, sons, daughters, and wives... none. it was based purely on corporate greed for more oil and the perpetration of total war to eliminate the human populations into a more manageable herd... afterall they are terrorized by anyone who decries their agenda, thus to the extent of being branded a terrorist.

:rolleyes:

you mean americans are not all smart?

oh no...no, no. I see it every day. People uki, people...not just americans.

Kansuke
12-07-2008, 04:58 PM
so how do you justify your stance on the situation? .

What did I say my 'stance' on the situation was? That's right, I didn't. My point was that you hysterical lefties never miss a chance to assume, exaggerrate, and emote even when you admittedly don't have the facts. And you don't seem to care that it discredits you and diminishes any legitimate point you might have to make.

uki
12-07-2008, 05:10 PM
What did I say my 'stance' on the situation was? That's right, I didn't. My point was that you hysterical lefties never miss a chance to assume, exaggerrate, and emote even when you admittedly don't have the facts. And you don't seem to care that it discredits you and diminishes any legitimate point you might have to make.hey... i just throw stones into ponds... i like the ripple effect. :D

naturally being a juggler i am ambidexterous, nethier right, nor left... :p

Kansuke
12-07-2008, 05:14 PM
these traitors in power are war mongols and they had no business invading iraq with our fathers, sons, daughters, and wives... none. it was based purely on corporate greed for more oil and the perpetration of total war to eliminate the human populations into a more manageable herd... afterall they are terrorized by anyone who decries their agenda, thus to the extent of being branded a terrorist.

And George Bush blew up the Pentagon, right? :rolleyes: The reasons for and against the war, and successes and mistakes made therein have been hashed out thousands and thousands of times, yet nuts like you can't let go of the slogans and hysterics you have grown so fond of. It's ridiculous.

And it's 'warmonger,' you idiot.

uki
12-07-2008, 05:25 PM
And it's 'warmonger,' you idiot.what can i say... i was confusing the two.

BoulderDawg
12-07-2008, 05:32 PM
And it's 'warmonger,' you idiot.

Looks like Bad got a new name!:p

Kansuke
12-07-2008, 07:20 PM
It's time the workers had a say in the way this country is run.

UAW anyone?

Empty-headed idealists who can't accept that their ideals, even when realized in part do more harm than good are a detriment to society and an affront to reason.

KC Elbows
12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Iraq comes to mind. Saddam Hussein committed genocide. How much criticism is America facing now for removing him? We are being branded war mongols and being told we had no business invading Iraq. :confused:

His rule was made possible by U.S. and other support because we were willing to sacrifice the liberty of the Iraqi people for a brutal, but previously reliable *******. Now they are to trust that we aren't concerned with our short term problems over their welfare again. Aren't we? Should we settle for American-Iraqi business dealings that are based solely on a relatively free market, or do we seek concessions?

KC Elbows
12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Empty-headed idealists who can't accept that their ideals, even when realized in part do more harm than good are a detriment to society and an affront to reason.

Sounds like free trade fanatics as well.

Kansuke
12-07-2008, 08:37 PM
So you're opposed to free trade?

uki
12-07-2008, 08:55 PM
So you're opposed to free trade?once the planet is lifted out of quarantine, i am all for it... till then...

Mr Punch
12-07-2008, 09:04 PM
His rule was made possible by U.S. and other support because we were willing to sacrifice the liberty of the Iraqi people for a brutal, but previously reliable *******. Now they are to trust that we aren't concerned with our short term problems over their welfare again. Aren't we? Should we settle for American-Iraqi business dealings that are based solely on a relatively free market, or do we seek concessions?Good post.

Oh, and welcome back, Kansuke, nice to see you again.

uki
12-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Oh, and welcome back, Kansuke, nice to see you again.i must say he has been a pleasant suprise.

Mr Punch
12-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Turns out the pig shot the kid while his car was being attacked by a gang of 30. What a b@stard! He should've let them turn the car over, set it on fire and leave his kids orphans.

uki
12-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Turns out the pig shot the kid while his car was being attacked by a gang of 30. What a b@stard! He should've let them turn the car over, set it on fire and leave his kids orphans.or... he should've obtained and pursued a more honest and rewarding line of work... now he's charged with murder and his kids are next to being orphans. :D

Songshan
12-07-2008, 10:47 PM
I thought they stopped using the term "pigs" in the 70s??? :confused:

Lama Pai Sifu
12-08-2008, 05:25 AM
montov côcktail. :)
i agree.
neither do i.

I believe the spelling is molotov....look it up.

There is no "n" in it.
:)

uki
12-08-2008, 06:38 AM

There is no "n" in it.
:)yeah i already acknowledged my error a few pages ago... look it up. :p

uki
12-08-2008, 06:39 AM

There is no "n" in it.
:)yeah i already acknowledged my error a few pages ago... look it up. :p

I thought they stopped using the term "pigs" in the 70s??? i do my best not to call the police pigs out of respect for the fact the the pig is one of the most intelligent of farm animals.

Songshan
12-09-2008, 06:51 PM
uki, best advice I can give you is do something positive with your life

uki
12-10-2008, 07:14 AM
uki, best advice I can give you is do something positive with your lifethanks!!! i have already taken it... so far i have walked 1000 miles on the appalachian trail, spent 2 year's as a street juggler in europe... one year i hit 15 countries in six months... i am a father of three, a stone mason by trade, i recently just poured another 9.5 yards of concrete for my flagstone patio... a total of 14 yards and over 1000 square feet of training extravaganza... in the spring it is to be spotlighted in the local paper home and garden section... i also am currently doing another 1000 square foot patio for another guy, but alas, the weather isn't masonry happy right now so things are slow. i have family in dublin(ireland) where i visit occasionally and family in maui, so as you can see i do a bit of travelling and am highly experienced in all levels and walks of life. i am a mycologist by hobby, we own our own house on 3 acres of property that is being turned into an eco-community, complete with alternate modes of housing with the intent of helping families who are losing there homes and livelihoods due to this planned economic disaster... we have a vegetable garden every year that yields a phenomenal amount of goodies to eat... so how is that for starters? is that positive enough for ya? as for these forum boards, i simply understand that there is a person just like you that can be affected on the other end... have the most wonderful of days, cause i know i am. :D

SimonM
12-10-2008, 11:29 AM
war mongols

I believe you mean war mongers.

And this is the thing with Hussein: Yes he was a fvcktard of a royal degree. He even MAY have participated in genocidal activities against the Kurdish minority population although his trial was a show trial with so many gross irregularities that any real truth on the issue may be beyond all hope of recall that is why fair trials are good things, they see to it that the guilty can be confirmed guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. With an unfair trial the best we can say is that he was probably guilty. This is NOT a defense of Hussein, simply a comment on the problem with failures in due process.

However...

1) He was relatively secular and was not a friend of the same religious extremists who rolled in from within Iraq along with foreign extremists from Syria, Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia in the power vaccuum left by his departure.

2) He kept his country stable... even if he did so in a repugnant way. A stable Iraq contributed to a stable region as Iraq is a central middle eastern state.

3) The reasons for the invasion of Iraq were not made clear to the public who were, instead, fed blatant lies about the cause of the invasion. Furthermore simmilar intervention has not occured against equally oppressive states or more oppressive states because they are poor in resources, neutral or positively disposed to western business interests. A (very partial) list includes:

Burma
Turkmenistan
Zimbabwe
Congo
Sudan
Somalia
Saudi Arabia
Syria

4) The occupation of Iraq was screwed all-to-hell by some of the most idiotic postwar policy decisions ever deliberated.

uki
12-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I believe you mean war mongers.this has already been addressed... relate this to my post in your signature. :p

Mr Punch
12-10-2008, 11:05 PM
... the local paper home and garden sectionCONFORMIST! :D :p :D

Nice life. ;)

Cracked theories, but...

uki
12-11-2008, 06:23 AM
CONFORMIST! :D :p :D

Nice life. ;)

Cracked theories, but...my brother likes to call us chameleons, due to the fact that we can blend into any lifestyle, culture, or way of life. :D

Songshan
12-13-2008, 04:03 PM
i simply understand that there is a person just like you that can be affected on the other end...

Affected? Maybe. You would be suprised what people consider "normal".

I believe you mean war mongers.

Yeah, I stand corrected. As for the rest I am a firm believer in Karma.

doug maverick
12-13-2008, 04:19 PM
violance only causes more violance, we learned that here in america with the rodney king riots and the crowne hieghts riots and all the other riots, they are ineffective they cause more harm then good. there has always got to be a better more peaceful solution, remember the got the biger bomb so at the end going blow for blow will only result in people getting killed. "only idiots get shot" you mean all the people who spilled their blood so that you can enjoy the freedoms you do today are idiots? martin luther king was shot is he an idiot? jfk was shot is he an idiot? malcolm x was shot is he an idiot? i can do this all day. the only person who seems to be an idiot is a talker like you.

uki
12-13-2008, 04:56 PM
trust me, i expect to get shot anyday. :D