PDA

View Full Version : Esoteric Kung Fu Styles (HUMOR)

tsuei08
12-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Gwei Lo Chuan; esoteric style developed by a Chinese master for western students. Sudents train in a deep horse stance... for hours... while Sifu directly translates the art through the liberal application of a celestial hammer.

Long Hung Kow; Ox-style iron crotch training

Shi Dao Da Luc; ehh, why bother with a description? It's a dead style anyway...

David Jamieson
12-08-2008, 10:57 AM
uh, don't quit your day job... :p

tsuei08
12-08-2008, 11:24 AM
uh, don't quit your day job... :p

Actually this is the result of end of Quarter/start of finals brain fatigue... lol

TenTigers
12-08-2008, 12:26 PM
"Eight Cold Strikes"
This was actually the term used for a series of techniques used by dockworkers in Gungdong and Hong Kong. Many of the dockworkers were former ruffians and pirates and had martial art skill. These techniques were actually a series of eight techniques that were found to be quick, efficient and ruthless, and were referred to the Eight Ice Strikes due to their cold-blooded nature.
When Chinese immigrants were working on the docks of New York, of course their fighting techniques came with them. As many know, in New York, Italian and Chinese immigrants were the mainstay of the laborers especially the dockworkers.
When the Italians witnessed the Chinese using their Gung-Fu, they enquired as to what exactly it was that dispatched an opponent with one strike.
When they were told,"Eight Cold Strikes" they took what they could understand, and the term came to be used by mostly Italians to describe someone being knocked out with a single blow. Little Italy being next to Chinatown obviously helped the term spread, and now it is used commonplace to describe any hard strike.
Eight-Bot
Strike-Da
Ice-Bing
Badda-Bing!

Funny thing is, I told this to one of my students, and he told it to his College Professor. But-he didn;t tell her it was a joke. She believed it, and now if you take Eastern Civilization in Farmingdale College, you will be taught the origin of Badda-Bing!

David Jamieson
12-08-2008, 12:41 PM
*snip*
Funny thing is, I told this to one of my students, and he told it to his College Professor. But-he didn;t tell her it was a joke. She believed it, and now if you take Eastern Civilization in Farmingdale College, you will be taught the origin of Badda-Bing!

Now THAT is funny. lol.

SimonM
12-09-2008, 09:26 AM
badda-bing!

zomgrotflmfao!!!!!!