PDA

View Full Version : the shield

doug maverick
12-10-2008, 01:03 AM
ok dont know if this belongs here i know this is the pop culture section but we mostly like to stick to pop culture as it refers to the martial arts, but since kurt sutter is suppose to be writing and directing the remake of ENTER THE DRAGON. there is relevance here. this show was probably my favorite show on tv. i've always loved edgy cop shows growing up, it started with **** wolf's New york undercover back in '94 after that ended i started getting into nypd blue via the reruns after that show nothing really caught my attention until one day in 06 i happen to catch a rerun of this on the cw or wpix here in ny. the first ep i saw was of the main character vince mackey(played by mike chiklis, who is second in line after Sam jack as a true BMF) and his fellow strike teamate shane(played by walter goggins) killing another cop who was a snitch and i was instantly addicted. i started watching every episode of the show, last week the show ended after seven glorious seasons, i recently watched every episode before finally watching the final ep which i dvr'd and man i almost cried, seriously this show ended amazingly. SPOILERS: Shane killing himself and prego wife and kid, ronnie who was actually the smartest member of the team actually being the only one going to jail for consecutive life sentances for all the **** Vic and the team did, and Vic getting his just deserts by taking away the two things that meant anything to him, his family and being a cop on the streets. it was beautiful and couldnt have ended any other way. the show is based on the ultra corrupt la rampart division which i think was dismantled, oscar winning movie training day starring denzel washington and ethan hawke was also based on the same task force. and from what i here the show and movie is tamed in comparison to how it really went down. anyway i think kurt is an awesome writer as he has proven in not just the sheild but also in his new show sons of anarchy which has been discribed as the sapronos on motorcylces. i look forward to his other new show coming SIS. i need another cop show to get hooked on to.