PDA

View Full Version : What's the Chinese Science of Eye Strikes?

diego
12-11-2008, 02:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiRpPVSI4Ls&feature=related

Check out the 5:23-27 minute mark kick to the eye!. We got snake hand darting fingers, Tiger Claw and rake...What else?.

I remember one UFC fight they squared off and buddy jumped into a right side bow stance and left horizontal snake hand into guy's eyes...they stopped the fight until buddy stopped crying...dude would have died in the street! :)

Watched fight for the troops last night and mma is getting so boring these young guys have me snoring...lames jab jab jab...just flick his eye kick his crotch and stomp him what' with the full contact PATTY-CAKE lol:( I'm start trolling the MMA forums talking about triad kung fu is realer than ufc. ****

sanjuro_ronin
12-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Toe nail of death !!

SimonM
12-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Enjoy your eye-poking fantasies. :rolleyes:

Golden Arms
12-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Enjoy your eye-poking fantasies. :rolleyes:

*Yawn*

To each their own. I have plenty of San Shou experience, and I also have no problem getting my hands in peoples eyes on a regular basis. Its pretty much one of the specialties of Hung Gar and can be trained just as systematically as doing a jab or a hook can be.

I guess since this is about the 8th time I have seen this being said on this forum in so many years, that people prefer to think what they want to regardless though. That is actually to the advantage of those that train it, just like the "I cant be taken down because of my rooting" mindset is to a grappler.

SimonM
12-11-2008, 03:11 PM
I don't quite follow your metaphor. Are you suggesting that grapplers espouse the view they can't be taken down b/c of rooting or that this misconception aids grapplers who do not posess it?

Lucas
12-11-2008, 03:13 PM
he means that grapplers look at people who think they cant be taken down because of rooting as an opportunity to exploit.

hes saying that people who think eye strikes are immpossible are an opportunity for him to use eye strikes on.

i think.

SimonM
12-11-2008, 03:16 PM
In my case I've found eye-strikes easy to defend against.
When tested.

I am open to new data should it emerge.

However I will continue to refute anybody who thinks that their eye-strikes, never tested, make up for a dismal or non-existent combat record.

Lucas
12-11-2008, 03:22 PM
my non tested eye gouges are better than yours are.

diego
12-11-2008, 03:23 PM
When tested.

However I will continue to refute anybody who thinks that their eye-strikes, never tested, make up for a dismal or non-existent combat record.

have you ever been in a real fight? I doubt it...have fun with your full contact sparring I mean fighting hmph...

anyway for the clear headed out there...I saw in ufc the guy hit buddy with a open glove JAB jab JAB....and it scratched dudes eye so he stood there and cried...from a jab...imagine what would have happenned if the guy kept coming when dude stood there... lol

it would have looked like a chinese self defense drill where buddy holds his hand out and you strike 50 hundered times.

so you can defend against eye jabs, sorry bud either you can't read for **** or are simply retarded possibbly **** with a tendancy to argue with men all whiny and ****. You never get caught with a jab to the face right you're ****ing clark kent and ****...

jab to the nose and eye is the same **** you ****...finger strike has more length which gives you simon m supergirl so much time to dodge the ****ing train!.

SimonM
12-11-2008, 03:30 PM
have you ever been in a real fight?

Yes I have.

I have also engaged in sportive combat events.

They are a decent simulation of the real thing.

I have caught multitudinous jabs to the face. And hooks... and reverse punches. Some of those even struck near my eye. And none of them made me cry.

Furthermore to have a borderline-illiterate such as yourself, sombody incapable of constructing legible sentences, accuse me of being incapable of reading is simply laughable.

Xiao3 Meng4
12-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Striking to the eye with fingers seems like a risky strategy.

Grabbing your opponents face and sticking your fingers in their eyes is much easier. Even better, your thumb.

Plus they freak out.

SimonM
12-11-2008, 03:43 PM
I would concur. However it would still not be my preferred technique. Furthermore I would not base an entire style based on the efficacy of such techniques. Finally I would not then claim that my style was "too deadly for sportive combat" because it contained such a technique.

It's the last part I take particular umbrage to.

Golden Arms
12-11-2008, 03:46 PM
he means that grapplers look at people who think they cant be taken down because of rooting as an opportunity to exploit.

hes saying that people who think eye strikes are immpossible are an opportunity for him to use eye strikes on.

i think.

You nailed it. Sorry about the poor wording, I was about to step out when I wrote that. They are a tool just like anything else, and with trained fingers and some good entry or counter entry methods, they work just fine, be they jabbing, raking, or what have you. Again, saying that you can defend against them just fine when they are from people that don't train them is sort of like telling a grappler you can defend against a shoot from a non grappler.

I have in the past, detailed most of the steps in the training progression for training attacks to the eyes on this forum, so it might turn up in a search.

Regardless, there is just as much of a method to it as there is to using a jab properly, or in passing guard. I tend not to discount anything in fighting, because if someone likes something enough and spends enough time with it, they can generally get almost anything to work, regardless of public opinion.

taai gihk yahn
12-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Regardless, there is just as much of a method to it as there is to using a jab properly, or in passing guard. I tend not to discount anything in fighting, because if someone likes something enough and spends enough time with it, they can generally get almost anything to work, regardless of public opinion.

exactly! the problem is that the "I'm too d3adly for my shirt" TCMA crowd uses the eye-gouge / poke / tickle as the ne plus ultra of all techniques that could instantly trump anything that some unfortunate MMA / grappler type might bring to the table; because, of course, if someone who trains to avoid a fist-jab to the face was suddenly confronted with an eye-jab to the face, they would have no ability to counter that with the same sort of strategies they use for the former...

and I agree 100% you can train it - but still acknowledging that it might be lower percentage than a jab because of a smaller target area; so training it to efficacy would take longer; although if you've already trained a jab well, then you just take that template and modify it for a smaller target area - but all the other principles still apply: position, timing, set-up, etc.

as for root, I'd say that good wrestlers have root; sumo guys have it coming out the wazoo!

diego
12-11-2008, 04:56 PM
I would concur. However it would still not be my preferred technique. Furthermore I would not base an entire style based on the efficacy of such techniques. Finally I would not then claim that my style was "too deadly for sportive combat" because it contained such a technique.

It's the last part I take particular umbrage to.

you replied so don't get pompous...no one claimed too deadly for mma, i said mma is getting boring and I think it teaches kids to fight with false sense of security...they run at each other and go toe to toe boxing style...that's no good when some one wants to kill you...they are not trying to **** up your chin and put you to sleep...

anyways.

chinese talk about eye strikes for one thousand years of the two man form history...what is their science you twat?.

MMA guys are great coaches that's it, fighting isn't some super secret science...you fight as a sperm to win the prize of being born...keep your gaurd up and struggle. :)

bith

WinterPalm
12-11-2008, 05:43 PM
When tested.

To me this is point on. Without actual competitive sparring and/or fighting in combat sports...how do you know your technique will work? It's been said that if you can land a jab on the nose, jaw, or other target, you can probably land an eye poke. But if you don't have experience throwing techniques under as realistic as possible conditions, you have less of a chance of doing so in a real confrontation.
The best and safest way to train martial arts, stand up anyway, is with boxing gloves, headgear, and shin pads. This reduces injury and allows one to go at it much longer and harder than without the gear. It is also necessary to condition yourself so that you don't break your shins or hands if you really have to fight...
I can spar bare knuckle no pads very hard...I have many times...and all this does is restrict your techniques much like boxing gloves, but also leave you usually injured for a week or two...that's if you're going somewhat hard.

You can't spar eyestrikes or groin shots though...so as martial artists, we need to do the next best thing.

bawang
12-11-2008, 05:43 PM
whats with people talking eye and balls attack not working? i been kicked near the balls not even on the balls and i was on the ground like a baby
if they dont feel it back off and circle them till the start to feel it takes couple minutes youre only screwed if theyre high on something

Lucas
12-11-2008, 05:50 PM
i would just like to point out that you can very much so spar groin shots.

ive been there and done that more than a once.

Lucas
12-11-2008, 05:57 PM
not groin destruction mind you, but kicks and punches, sure.

i remember a buddy and i used to play this groin defense game where the groin was the only allowed place to strike.

kinda stupid, but hella fun.

if you win.

sanjuro_ronin
12-12-2008, 06:46 AM
I don't "value" eye pokes and gauges because I don't train them and don't conditon my fingers for them.
Now, those that do, like Shinjo Sensei of the Uechi-ryu, they can do some serious damage.
I will say this though, unless YOU have done similar conditioning and forging, don't put too much stock in finger techniques.

SimonM
12-12-2008, 08:22 AM
exactly! the problem is that the "I'm too d3adly for my shirt" TCMA crowd uses the eye-gouge / poke / tickle as the ne plus ultra of all techniques that could instantly trump anything that some unfortunate MMA / grappler type might bring to the table;

As a CMA grappler I find that particularly annoying.

sanjuro_ronin
12-12-2008, 08:49 AM
To me this is point on. Without actual competitive sparring and/or fighting in combat sports...how do you know your technique will work? It's been said that if you can land a jab on the nose, jaw, or other target, you can probably land an eye poke. But if you don't have experience throwing techniques under as realistic as possible conditions, you have less of a chance of doing so in a real confrontation.
The best and safest way to train martial arts, stand up anyway, is with boxing gloves, headgear, and shin pads. This reduces injury and allows one to go at it much longer and harder than without the gear. It is also necessary to condition yourself so that you don't break your shins or hands if you really have to fight...
I can spar bare knuckle no pads very hard...I have many times...and all this does is restrict your techniques much like boxing gloves, but also leave you usually injured for a week or two...that's if you're going somewhat hard.

You can't spar eyestrikes or groin shots though...so as martial artists, we need to do the next best thing.

years ago with did an experiment, with protective eye goggles we sparred full contact to see how easy or hard it is to strike someone's eyes with finger strikes.
Spear hands and 1/2-finger strikes were harder to get in than "acciental" fingers of a open hand strike.
If you hit the cheek they had more of a chance to "slide" into the eyes.
Major fact find:
You better have very well forged fingers !

SimonM
12-12-2008, 08:50 AM
it teaches kids to fight with false sense of security...they run at each other and go toe to toe boxing style...that's no good when some one wants to kill you...

And the majority of schoolyard scraps do not end in fatalities. What planet do you live on? Because I know Vancouver's got some problems but, man, sometimes you are as far out as Uki with your bizarre (and paranoid) statements. Furthermore the "****" really disrupts your flow. Might I suggest you either curtail the foul language just a little or find a swear that isn't blocked by the filter at the very least?

they are not trying to **** up your chin and put you to sleep...

Actually in most of the fights (and I do mean fights, not boxing or wrestling matches although I've been in my fair share of those as well) flailing punches followed by grabbing, jerseying and more punches seemed de-rigeur. In other words they WERE trying to go for a KO punch but didn't have the technique necessary to execute. The last real fight I was in was resolved when I delivered a jab to the nose followed by a second jab to the mouth... and then a boot to the offending person's ass. It was a short fight. And no eyes got poked.

So based on the available data from my experiences I refute that statement.

chinese talk about eye strikes for one thousand years of the two man form history...what is their science you twat?.

Congratulations, you found a curse not blocked by the filter you twattish twat. First off cite your sources. I'd love to hear which 1000 year old text references eye-pokes. I've read a few wu xia books from the ming dynasty (and qing dynasty) - much more recent than 1000 years old and they suggested a millieu of combat much as we have discussed many times previously. One of the preeminence of weapons. Martial arts within those contexts seemed to be the art of sword, spear and bow.

MMA guys are great coaches that's it, fighting isn't some super secret science...you fight as a sperm to win the prize of being born...keep your gaurd up and struggle. :)

ROTFLMFAOAY

diego
12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
i would just like to point out that you can very much so spar groin shots.

ive been there and done that more than a once.

i got steel toe boots on right now as it's almost below zero out...wanna spar low kicks only? :)

diego
12-12-2008, 02:46 PM
I don't "value" eye pokes and gauges because I don't train them and don't conditon my fingers for them.
Now, those that do, like Shinjo Sensei of the Uechi-ryu, they can do some serious damage.
I will say this though, unless YOU have done similar conditioning and forging, don't put too much stock in finger techniques.

I'm saying though if we clinch and I'm relaxed enough to win a headlock on you, sit down and wait for the ref to stop it...when I wrap your neck my hands are at your face so it's no big deal to dirty his eye up...buddy at the beach was all happy he did judo and was high so he tried to take me down...it was so reactionary my long arms just caught his neck and he trapped him self by lunging...if no one was around I would have scratched his eyes up turned over pushed him to the ground and then start stomping, it's easy as pie...buddy had better cardio than me and is a better sport wrestler but he gave his center to my defense, so I just ate him up...In kajukenbo they tell you keep striking...eye hits is just another point to make him move, overload the nerve response and all of that.

the ufc fight for the troops the tall guy was punching the guy grabbing his leg over and over...looked lame he could have just kajukenbo hammer chop and then elbow to the back of neck paralyzing dude instead of punching like a sissy twenty times to the head for a tko...it's getting spastic mma :) the young guys anyway.

diego
12-12-2008, 02:53 PM
And the majority of schoolyard scraps do not end in fatalities. What planet do you live on? Because I know Vancouver's got some problems but, man, sometimes you are as far out as Uki with your bizarre (and paranoid) statements. Furthermore the "****" really disrupts your flow. Might I suggest you either curtail the foul language just a little or find a swear that isn't blocked by the filter at the very least?

Actually in most of the fights (and I do mean fights, not boxing or wrestling matches although I've been in my fair share of those as well) flailing punches followed by grabbing, jerseying and more punches seemed de-rigeur. In other words they WERE trying to go for a KO punch but didn't have the technique necessary to execute. The last real fight I was in was resolved when I delivered a jab to the nose followed by a second jab to the mouth... and then a boot to the offending person's ass. It was a short fight. And no eyes got poked.

So based on the available data from my experiences I refute that statement.

Congratulations, you found a curse not blocked by the filter you twattish twat. First off cite your sources. I'd love to hear which 1000 year old text references eye-pokes. I've read a few wu xia books from the ming dynasty (and qing dynasty) - much more recent than 1000 years old and they suggested a millieu of combat much as we have discussed many times previously. One of the preeminence of weapons. Martial arts within those contexts seemed to be the art of sword, spear and bow.

ROTFLMFAOAY

I skimmed your post and all I read was "congratulations"...you're a troll. this isn't 2004, I've sparred bjj. really, I don't know why you even replied.:confused: if I wanted mma advice I'd go train with my boy denis kang who's done something in the world you so love...what pro fights have you had, can we get some video?

I remember when skitzy fritzy this old native dude fought six cops and knocked two of them out throwing four of them around... this was years before ufc. ***

Lucas
12-12-2008, 02:57 PM
i got steel toe boots on right now as it's almost below zero out...wanna spar low kicks only? :)

is that how you offer friendly learning opportunities? :p

Or I could put on some steal spiked toed boots and trump your caps. :D

SimonM
12-12-2008, 02:59 PM
You seem to be under the delusion that EVERY grappler is BJJ.

I have been working on my ground game but my standing wrestling is 90% CMA.

CMA has so much more than stupid eye-pokes. That's why it annoys me so much when people bring up eye-pokes as "teh d34d1y".

The rest of your post lost me somewhat. I don't know what relevance your recall of some police getting beat up has to our conversation. Then again, I've come to expect irrelevant non-sequiturs from you.

diego
12-12-2008, 03:01 PM
is that how you offer friendly learning opportunities? :p

Or I could put on some steal spiked toed boots and trump your caps. :D
Wow, all I said is when I train I wear what I fight with:cool:

diego
12-12-2008, 03:03 PM
You seem to be under the delusion that EVERY grappler is BJJ.

I have been working on my ground game but my standing wrestling is 90% CMA.

CMA has so much more than stupid eye-pokes. That's why it annoys me so much when people bring up eye-pokes as "teh d34d1y".

The rest of your post lost me somewhat. I don't know what relevance your recall of some police getting beat up has to our conversation. Then again, I've come to expect irrelevant non-sequiturs from you.

who cares I gotta pick dude up from school in half an hour...**** mma is all I said. I love the david vs goliath matches that's it.

anyways, point of the thread, I was hoping to get some kung fu masters to share the secrets behind their two man sets...then you come in all...

Dude, I do kung fu, let's talk about it. :)

Lucas
12-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Wow, all I said is when I train I wear what I fight with:cool:

Ya, i get where you're coming from. Just yankin yer chain. I actually stopped wearing my boots a few years ago. Back when I was on the street most of the time, I always had on a nice pair of boots and a good knife.

SimonM
12-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Here's the secret behind two-man sets:

They are a poor, poor substitute for sportive combat.

I'll say that although I am not a master.

Then again, almost nobody who posts here is.

Lucas
12-12-2008, 03:07 PM

dude what ever.

Im the Master of Disaster FOOL

diego
12-12-2008, 03:09 PM

you make me want to put my head through the screen...i made this thread because I'm bored of all this mma talk... let's talk about applications to sil lim tao in this thread.

nah, i'm really interested in how all the gangs in the south have similar longfist methods prolly inspired from lama pai...I'd like to know how similar all of their two man sets are.

sets are sections my dude...jab, cross hook...same ****

SimonM
12-12-2008, 03:14 PM
The air doesn't punch back.
Building unchanging patterns into your shadow boxing makes you predictable.
It's better to train to fight by fighting.

diego
12-12-2008, 03:16 PM
The air doesn't punch back.
Building unchanging patterns into your shadow boxing makes you predictable.
It's better to train to fight by fighting.
thanks, learned that when I was seven and I stole my bro's smokes...put on the gloves buddy, lol.

yo, do you have any video of cool two man sets that mimic fighting almost? lots of power development in CMA reall good and usefull for a Tall westerner like my self. thanks

cheers

diego
12-12-2008, 03:19 PM
does any one ever wonder if china had a dynasty were the emperor taught kung fu to the slaves and then made them kill each other in combat and then the emperor mad two man forms based on the killing moves from the champion slaves?.

I bet the mongols had some cool two man set tradition.

japanese kept their samurai sword sets right they don't spar killing each other...

dumb ass simon you never seen real gung fu.

SimonM
12-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Um...

no.

Methinks Diego has MPD or something. What happened to Sir Vulgar of Swear-Alot?

diego
12-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Um...

no.

Methinks Diego has MPD or something. What happened to Sir Vulgar of Swear-Alot?

you so stupid guy...most people learn gangster cma with san da drills which is condensed forms...you train the drills and then spar them...compete for money if you wish, most just spar with other schools. you're so happy

TenTigers
12-12-2008, 03:28 PM
three things:
1) I've been on the wrong end of eye strikes and groin kicks to know that when they hit-they work. period. I also know that sometimes, groin kicks send me into a rage and they don't work. I still practice and train them, and I'm dang good at them. Years ago when I was in Kenpo-we sparred with groin kicks. You learn to protect the family jewels. You also see alot of people in fetal position.So, they work, most of the time. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
It's like marketing-you don't just rely on one technique, you put alot of lines in the water.

2)Diego-it's cold out-steel capped boots conduct the cold.

3)two man sets are only one stepping stone in the process. Once you know the set, you need to break off from the set and interrupt the pattern, so to speak.
What this means is that each technique your partner throws at you from the set-you should be able to shut him down immediately-thus breaking the pattern. The cooperative part is just for learning and memorizing the set. Do it too much and you become patterned. So, your partner does the move, you shut him down and flow into whatever happens. Then you do the next move and get shut down, It is a textbook, but only a tool. The problem is, most people never get beyond that stage. What that means is most teachers never got beyond that level of understanding. Their Gung-Fu is dead.

SimonM
12-12-2008, 03:37 PM
you so stupid guy...most people learn gangster cma with san da drills which is condensed forms...you train the drills and then spar them...compete for money if you wish, most just spar with other schools. you're so happy

I see a string of words in here.
There are even a few sentence fragments which nearly make sense when considered on their own.
And then there is the rest of the post...

What purpose does the word gangster have modifying CMA?
Furthermore what are you trying to say?

You tend to express yourself very unclearly...

And use the words gang, gangster, mob, mafia, and triad in situations that have absolutely nothing to do with organized crime.

Are you involved in some full-time deep-imersion LARP?
Do you think that people will take your hip hop interest more seriously if you pepper your discourse with references to various crime syndicates?
Seriously, I'm being honest here, I am having trouble ascertaining what you are trying to accomplish with your writing.

I understand that you believe me to be some sort of BJJ pumping MMAer who hates CMA.

I have tried to explain to you that I am a CMAist who happens to use a grappling modality (which TCMA has in much greater abundance than eye-pokes) and tends to disregard forms as noting but overly-systematized shadow boxing.

But I also have serious problems with your method of communication. Mainly in the lack of clarity.

Please try to focus your thoughts and then communicate what you are thinking in a manner that is concise and clear.

taai gihk yahn
12-12-2008, 04:05 PM
three things:
1) I've been on the wrong end of eye strikes and groin kicks to know that when they hit-they work. period. I also know that sometimes, groin kicks send me into a rage and they don't work. I still practice and train them, and I'm dang good at them. Years ago when I was in Kenpo-we sparred with groin kicks. You learn to protect the family jewels. You also see alot of people in fetal position.So, they work, most of the time. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
It's like marketing-you don't just rely on one technique, you put alot of lines in the water.

3)two man sets are only one stepping stone in the process. Once you know the set, you need to break off from the set and interrupt the pattern, so to speak.
What this means is that each technique your partner throws at you from the set-you should be able to shut him down immediately-thus breaking the pattern. The cooperative part is just for learning and memorizing the set. Do it too much and you become patterned. So, your partner does the move, you shut him down and flow into whatever happens. Then you do the next move and get shut down, It is a textbook, but only a tool. The problem is, most people never get beyond that stage. What that means is most teachers never got beyond that level of understanding. Their Gung-Fu is dead.

Rik, I think everyone here would just appreciate if you stopped chiming in with your balanced and well-reasoned comments; it does nothing but detract from the general state of discord and contention upon which this forum is based; if you want to foment harmony and understanding, go post on some forum dedicated to organic food or hemp

Knifefighter
12-12-2008, 04:16 PM
*Yawn*

To each their own. I have plenty of San Shou experience, and I also have no problem getting my hands in peoples eyes on a regular basis. Its pretty much one of the specialties of Hung Gar and can be trained just as systematically as doing a jab or a hook can be.

LOL... the opthamologists in your area must be doing a booming business with all the eyes you have poked out over the years.

Knifefighter
12-12-2008, 04:37 PM
the ufc fight for the troops the tall guy was punching the guy grabbing his leg over and over...looked lame he could have just kajukenbo hammer chop and then elbow to the back of neck paralyzing dude instead of punching like a sissy twenty times to the head for a tko...it's getting spastic mma :) the young guys anyway.

This is a troll post right? Nobody can be this stupid. Never mind... just saw your YT video... I guess they can be.

TenTigers
12-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Rik, I think everyone here would just appreciate if you stopped chiming in with your balanced and well-reasoned comments; it does nothing but detract from the general state of discord and contention upon which this forum is based; if you want to foment harmony and understanding, go post on some forum dedicated to organic food or hemp

Yikes! Sorry, I don't know what came over me.
Ok, Howz this?
I bet if knifefighter came at me full tilt with all his best technique, along with his full contact stick fighting and grappling, one well placed, secret, deadly "Twin Dragon's Fighting for the Pearls" would take him out, just like that.
I know this to be true, because my teachers have told me this, and I have seen many articles and books depicting the success of this technique.
Also, I have practiced this several times in my forms, as well as in the mirror.

TenTigers
12-12-2008, 05:29 PM
I also would be happy to demonstrate this, but I have a hangnail...

diego
12-13-2008, 04:32 PM
This is a troll post right? Nobody can be this stupid. Never mind... just saw your YT video... I guess they can be.

u g a y . . . fayg

diego
12-13-2008, 04:33 PM
three things:

give me your two man sets, please!. thanks:D

diego
12-13-2008, 04:36 PM
LOL... the opthamologists in your area must be doing a booming business with all the eyes you have poked out over the years.
lames azz knifey with no real pro fighting cred just sputs his homer azz mental all day for the faq...since 911 u gayer than marv'

this isn't indiana jones who's talking about tearing eyeballs like a bunch of pajama wearing zombies...are you this dull?.

diego
12-13-2008, 04:39 PM
I see a string of words in here.
There are even a few sentence fragments which nearly make sense when considered on their own.
And then there is the rest of the post...

What purpose does the word gangster have modifying CMA?
Furthermore what are you trying to say?

You tend to express yourself very unclearly...

And use the words gang, gangster, mob, mafia, and triad in situations that have absolutely nothing to do with organized crime.

Are you involved in some full-time deep-imersion LARP?
Do you think that people will take your hip hop interest more seriously if you pepper your discourse with references to various crime syndicates?
Seriously, I'm being honest here, I am having trouble ascertaining what you are trying to accomplish with your writing.

I understand that you believe me to be some sort of BJJ pumping MMAer who hates CMA.

I have tried to explain to you that I am a CMAist who happens to use a grappling modality (which TCMA has in much greater abundance than eye-pokes) and tends to disregard forms as noting but overly-systematized shadow boxing.

But I also have serious problems with your method of communication. Mainly in the lack of clarity.

Please try to focus your thoughts and then communicate what you are thinking in a manner that is concise and clear.

dude i just want articles on old hung ga two man sets. fuq u

twat:D

diego
12-13-2008, 04:42 PM
oh and knifey with your history on this forum...come to vancouver we can go party and i'll bottle you when you're not looking.

call me when you around.

bawang
12-13-2008, 06:55 PM
can i come for sexy time

diego
12-14-2008, 05:19 PM
can i come for sexy time

nah, you call Theresa

(604) 555- 1234 :p

very good sexy time:( ...:D

Mr Punch
12-14-2008, 05:43 PM
This thread ROCKS! Old sk00l! :cool: :D

diego
12-14-2008, 05:46 PM
without getting into power generation of stances let me start this...

you an flick your fingers into his eyes and then poke straight in and then you rake your hand down his center and short palm the solar plexus...all with the same hand in a side stance, toe up like mantis or down like cat.

you can rear tiger claw face, scratch the eyes with your left and then your left grabs his hair and you right elbow temple turning to side horse stance.

in hung ga they use downward trap arm with left and right cranes beak to eye in side cat stance...very classical!.

in the form he grabs hair with left and right elbow temple with right in left bow...right foot sets into left cat stance and you double bil jee eyes...very classical.

you an block his right punch with right upward block and left upcut to gut in right side bow...then right bow arrows in and you right claw face.

add on

diego
12-14-2008, 05:53 PM
http://www.hygeia-design.com/Kaido/slides/Kato%20001.html?referrer=http://www.hygeia-design.com/Kaido/

http://www.hygeia-design.com/Kaido/slides/Kato%20010.html?referrer=http://www.hygeia-design.com/Kaido/

sanjuro_ronin
12-15-2008, 07:05 AM
I sthis threadfin english??

SimonM
12-15-2008, 08:33 AM
No, this thread is in G4ng5t4 it's like 133t only with repeat pointless references to g4ng5t45; the lack of grammar remains the same.

Knifefighter
12-15-2008, 08:54 AM
without getting into power generation of stances let me start this...you an flick your fingers into his eyes and then poke straight in and then you rake your hand down his center and short palm the solar plexus...all with the same hand in a side stance, toe up like mantis or down like cat.
you can rear tiger claw face, scratch the eyes with your left and then your left grabs his hair and you right elbow temple turning to side horse stance.
in hung ga they use downward trap arm with left and right cranes beak to eye in side cat stance...very classical!.
in the form he grabs hair with left and right elbow temple with right in left bow...right foot sets into left cat stance and you double bil jee eyes...very classical.
you an block his right punch with right upward block and left upcut to gut in right side bow...then right bow arrows in and you right claw face.

Spoken like a true fantasy forms master.

Here's an idea. Instead of having a Ytube of your masterful fantasy forms, why don't you, instead, put up one of you actually using it against a resisting opponent?

SimonM
12-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Because didn't you know that aimlessly posturing and gesturing wildly in the air while making like you are hardcore is much more gangsta than oh, I don't know actually fighting.

diego
12-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Spoken like a true fantasy forms master.

Here's an idea. Instead of having a Ytube of your masterful fantasy forms, why don't you, instead, put up one of you actually using it against a resisting opponent?

Gene, can you ban knifey and his love child simone pls. thx

knifey how bout you come fight me and we put it on youtube...

read the replies in my youtube vid...i just got over being injured for months hadn't trained all year... I've had enough fights to not need to posture on the net like your queer azz... my boy denis kang got some ufc fights in the works he isn't the best but you are no body...

i'm just a fan of martial arts, do it for health and just general defense. knew how to fight when I was a child. **** ain't that fascinating, why you so gway?.

this is a kung fu forum, right?...not bullshido...do you do kung fu?.

diego
12-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Because didn't you know that aimlessly posturing and gesturing wildly in the air while making like you are hardcore is much more gangsta than oh, I don't know actually fighting.

why did you even post in this thread?. twat-lip Simone Motherfuq is u be

diego
12-15-2008, 04:46 PM
knifey also, i'm not a black belt so you look dumb as usual...i was taught do the forms,play the patticake drills and then go spar...I've only had the chance to spar with my jujitsu buddy and I'm not a pro fighter so why would I spar elbows and groin hits...if you can kickbox spar and do the kajukenbo flow drills your self defense is good enough...it's not like i get paid to train all day...i do work.

please don't reply again unless you have some classical two man kung fu forms/drills to share.

you don't like mantis? you don't like tiger form? why you on a chinese website ****ing rascist? the forms have all the power generation you need...when you old you're not going to do tai chi?. you lame.gway boy

taai gihk yahn
12-15-2008, 04:53 PM
inbreeding is a terrible thing...

diego
12-15-2008, 04:55 PM
inbreeding is a terrible thing...

stop sucking off your pops...if that was to simone and butter knife lol

taai gihk yahn
12-15-2008, 04:58 PM
stop sucking off your pops...if that was to simone and butter knife lol

I rest my case

diego
12-15-2008, 05:09 PM
I rest my case

stop crying dude, i curse out two ****s and now you catch feelings. hilarious

taai gihk yahn
12-15-2008, 05:16 PM
stop crying dude, i curse out two ****s and now you catch feelings. hilarious

please, everyone, give now; only your donations can help find a cure...

diego
12-15-2008, 05:19 PM
please, everyone, give now; only your donations can help find a cure...

i hope you are a female...i'm not into gayes. bye bye

taai gihk yahn
12-15-2008, 05:23 PM
i hope you are a female...i'm not into gayes. bye bye

although in some cases it might already be too late...

diego
12-15-2008, 05:29 PM
although in some cases it might already be too late...

you like dog *****? sweet sour eh...dag guy

taai gihk yahn
12-15-2008, 05:32 PM
you like dog *****? sweet sour eh...dag guy

evidently "bye bye" now means something else...

WinterPalm
12-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Amazing...simply amazing.

Mr Punch
12-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Seriously, I've gotta thank Diego: this thread is THE BEST (TM).

diego
12-15-2008, 07:37 PM
evidently "bye bye" now means something else...

i'm going to stop posting in my thread?... :rolleyes:

stop replying = bye bye

bawang
12-15-2008, 07:45 PM
diego, i took a look at ur youtube video, please tell me you have improved
because you look like if you have a fight, you get bang bang bang in the anoos

diego
12-15-2008, 07:46 PM
anyways back to the thread... I''m told kaido picked up some hop ga san sao from ng ming... kaido was a hardcore dude from what I'm told, he'd go test his groin strikes and eye shots in bars through out Montreal in the 70's.

dude wasn't too big, only as big as bruce lee so I don't know what if any thing his pro fight record was like...he did tell buddy you ain't **** pay me, and guy shot him so I don't think he was too geeked for ring fighting like the LAMES on here pretending people heard of them before... :rolleyes:

anyways I've been clubbed and stomped but was so high the six people stepping on my head didn't faze me...I smoke since I was young so I don't have the best cardio but all this ring fighting talk is mad lame!. go be a cop and use your martial art if you so strong you lames. when I was a kid rumbling was the order of the night many times we'd have forty heads scrapping...another thing about you yankee mma geeks...canadians fight all day everyday it's called HOCKEY you wimps :rolleyes:

yeah, this forum needs to get back on track...I know let's talk about two man sets...I heard they use finger strikes and claw attacks!?!...any one know what that is about...any one learn from real dudes that know how to fight not just spar like some sissies?. :cool:

no more mma geeks in this thread, y'all nobody...and you look tired talking about resistance on a... forum...knifey you been saying the same **** since 911

do you actually have any pro fights?

diego
12-15-2008, 07:50 PM
diego, i took a look at ur youtube video, please tell me you have improved
because you look like if you have a fight, you get bang bang bang in the anoos

:D I only kept that video on there so I could meet more hop ga-kajukenbo peeps...i walked through the vid...damaged right heel, watch my footwork you see I can't put all my weight on it...the vid was eight months ago, I've been eating. and dude I'm tall six foot five in boots, it's genetics, it's not skinny...long muscle :) I look 160 pounds in the clip but was really 180...I hope I'm at 200 now, but haven't checked cuz I'm not that concerned.

and i walked through the forms half ass...even now i still wouldn't show the forms proper...no need to, most dudes is corny...anyone I'm scared of I'd just baseball bat so no need to posture like a knife fighter that can't even cut butter...

diego
12-15-2008, 07:55 PM
http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=981631144111.848382652211.1229396278292&photoid=748382652211&folderid=0&view=1&page=1&sort_order=&albumsperpage =&navfolderid=2008

see it's just genetics don't let the camera fool you, i do construction all day

my great grandpa was six foot two one forty five when he won bronze in the amsterdam olympics for boxing...lol dude must have been fighting five foot sixers just knocking them out left and right for his weight :)

diego
12-15-2008, 08:07 PM
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=ciydu6cv.atqp4jzn&x=0&y=-58eue&localeid=en_US

see if this works

diego
12-15-2008, 08:08 PM
nice being built like a black man in a white mans world, lol best of both ****s

bawang
12-15-2008, 08:22 PM
ok it good to know i will take your word
i want to say most eye trick and balls tricks i learne is to distract, for the real blow, most of the time u go straight for the eyes and balls it wont work
some times they work, sometimes they dont work at all, its all dependon situation, never underestimate anything

diego
12-15-2008, 08:34 PM
ok it good to know i will take your word
i want to say most eye trick and balls tricks i learne is to distract, for the real blow, most of the time u go straight for the eyes and balls it wont work
some times they work, sometimes they dont work at all, its all dependon situation, never underestimate anything

that seems to be the kajukenbo method of keep striking to overload his sense. I read some thing a long time ago about hop ga like to hit from various angles to fhuq his head up kinda like pakua footwork...right to temple, left to groin, step behind him kidney shot, kick out the legs and follow up type thing... have you heard about any combat theories using meteor fists linked with the southern animal hands?.

I was lucky to pick up a bunch of kaido's kajuhop drills from my step dad...they seem to have the essence of kenpo but with the foundation of tcma...less slappy, more full stance knockout hop gar style... I gotta go to another province to get the full details on the style though, So, wdik. :)

bawang
12-15-2008, 09:03 PM
what is "kajukenbo"??

diego
12-15-2008, 09:26 PM
what is "kajukenbo"??

the first proper mma :) five black belts went on welfare in hawaii after the war and sparred for two years creating the fundamental drills...karate, boxing, jujitsu, kungfu... http://www.kajukenbo.org/history/

basically emperado learned kenpo from william chow and added from jj, karate and western boxing. it became a money earner in the 80's but the old guys sparred hard I hear:)

diego
12-15-2008, 09:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aemP3_MKa34&eurl=http://www.kajukenbo.org/history/

sanjuro_ronin
12-16-2008, 06:26 AM
what is "kajukenbo"??

We have one of the highest ranking Kajukenbo guys here in Canada and also one of the highest ranking Pekiti-Tirsia guys, Phil Gelinas.
He would disagree 100% with most that Diego has said.

SimonM
12-16-2008, 08:36 AM
anyways back to the thread... I''m told kaido picked up some hop ga san sao from ng ming... kaido was a hardcore dude from what I'm told, he'd go test his groin strikes and eye shots in bars through out Montreal in the 70's.

I know a guy who says that back thirty years ago he was HARDCORE using secret eye-pokey.

Dude... weak.

dude wasn't too big, only as big as bruce lee so I don't know what if any thing his pro fight record was like...

Because pro-fighting starts at super-heavyweight. There is nothing else. :rolleyes:

anyways I've been clubbed and stomped but was so high the six people stepping on my head didn't faze me... I am a crackhead, fear me.

You gotta get on top of that man. Being a crackhead from Vancouver is SOOO 2004.

I smoke since I was young so I don't have the best cardio but all this ring fighting talk is mad lame!

Translation: Gets out of breath walking downhill.

canadians fight all day everyday it's called HOCKEY you wimps :rolleyes:

STOP THAT!

You will make the yankees and british and chinese guys and all them think all us canadians are stupid!

As a point of reference the "fighting" in hockey consists of (legal) checking and (illegal) skate up to a guy, haul the jersey over his head and then punch him... with bare hands... while he is wearing heavy pads.

yeah, this forum needs to get back on track...I know let's talk about two man sets...

NOBODY HERE WANTS TO TELL YOU ABOUT SECRET EYE POKEY IN TWO MAN SETS!!!!!

any one know what that is about...any one learn from real dudes that know how to fight not just spar like some sissies?. :cool:

So, to be clear, you believe you will be a better fighter if, instead of fighting, you wave your arms around in the air vaguely in the direction of another guy doing the same.

LARPER

no more mma geeks in this thread, y'all nobody...and you look tired talking about resistance on a... forum...knifey you been saying the same **** since 911

Knife Figher has beein saying the same sh!t since LONG before 2001. Some of what he says is right! That's why he says it.

And how is YOUR pro fight record.

WinterPalm
12-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I know a guy who says that back thirty years ago he was HARDCORE using secret eye-pokey.

Dude... weak.

Because pro-fighting starts at super-heavyweight. There is nothing else. :rolleyes:

You gotta get on top of that man. Being a crackhead from Vancouver is SOOO 2004.

STOP THAT!

You will make the yankees and british and chinese guys and all them think all us canadians are stupid!

As a point of reference the "fighting" in hockey consists of (legal) checking and (illegal) skate up to a guy, haul the jersey over his head and then punch him... with bare hands... while he is wearing heavy pads.

So, to be clear, you believe you will be a better fighter if, instead of fighting, you wave your arms around in the air vaguely in the direction of another guy doing the same.

LARPER

Knife Figher has beein saying the same sh!t since LONG before 2001. Some of what he says is right! That's why he says it.

It's only recently that they made the repercussions for fighting in hockey so strict. I think it's kinda lame...what other sport do you get two guys fighting, where fighting isn't even the goal of the game, and then they get a 2min penalty? Basketball and football don't even compare!

SimonM
12-16-2008, 11:56 AM
.... I'm Canadian and I think Hockey is a stupid game.

I like Baseball.
And "Sportive Combat".
And Lacrosse.
And I think that soccer is pretty neat...

diego
12-16-2008, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLdlDm9WlYs

check out the knee to the nuts at 37 seconds

diego
12-16-2008, 05:44 PM
We have one of the highest ranking Kajukenbo guys here in Canada and also one of the highest ranking Pekiti-Tirsia guys, Phil Gelinas.
He would disagree 100% with most that Diego has said.

um, phil is kaido's main student and he wasn't much of a scrapper until he trained with inosanto lol... roy and peter were kaido's fighters. :)

diego
12-16-2008, 05:46 PM

Dude... weak.

STOP THAT!

LARPER

dude i'm on here asking about tcma what does my fight record have to do with any thing you twat.

you so lame

diego
12-16-2008, 05:48 PM
knifey is a fat piece of poo that's why he says it, he can't fight with the big boys so he spams a kf forum... I seen denis kang lumped the **** out and robbed by a native dude...now denis has ufc fights...wow he is conditioned, he still the same frenchie.

simone and knifey please just fu-ck off. gayes

diego
12-16-2008, 05:49 PM
It's only recently that they made the repercussions for fighting in hockey so strict. I think it's kinda lame...what other sport do you get two guys fighting, where fighting isn't even the goal of the game, and then they get a 2min penalty? Basketball and football don't even compare!

in elementary we didn't go back to class after lunch unless some blood was spilled...you start fiending for that **** :D:cool:

Mr Punch
12-16-2008, 06:11 PM
STOP THAT!

You will make the yankees and british and chinese guys and all them think all us canadians are stupid!Ha haaaa! All Canadians are STOOOPID! :D

diego
12-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Ha haaaa! All Canadians are STOOOPID! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYrqxR-LOiw

sanjuro_ronin
12-17-2008, 07:03 AM
um, phil is kaido's main student and he wasn't much of a scrapper until he trained with inosanto lol... roy and peter were kaido's fighters. :)

Interesting, not what I heard.
I mean, we are talking about Phil Gelinas, aka Sled Dog of the Dog Bothers, full contact stick fighter, highly ranked under Inosanto, Gaje, and Emperado.
His "resume" is full of fighting.

diego
12-17-2008, 03:57 PM
:) what are we talking about Sanjuro? martial art, mma or reality of violence?.

kaido dissed everyone let's leave it at that... bruce lee to everyone... the guy got shot.

I have Phil's home video doing all of kaido's sets like an hour in the park montreal in the 70's. i have video of phil and roy doing tournament fighting...been loving those clips since 1996... phil said kaido told him to watch for the old guys with the sticks and thats's when he started doing full contact mma in 1985...kaido stopped teaching in 1980...

the street world of martial artists and martial artists who train for the street is two different coins...just read up on gypsy joe, the guy didn't spar or train he just fought on the regular... grew up in the south fighting.

it's so cool to see phil with a kung fu black belt when he is like 25 in the 70's then see him ten years later one of the biggest martial artists in canada behind george st piere sp?.

peace

sanjuro_ronin
12-18-2008, 06:39 AM
:) what are we talking about Sanjuro? martial art, mma or reality of violence?.

kaido dissed everyone let's leave it at that... bruce lee to everyone... the guy got shot.

I have Phil's home video doing all of kaido's sets like an hour in the park montreal in the 70's. i have video of phil and roy doing tournament fighting...been loving those clips since 1996... phil said kaido told him to watch for the old guys with the sticks and thats's when he started doing full contact mma in 1985...kaido stopped teaching in 1980...

the street world of martial artists and martial artists who train for the street is two different coins...just read up on gypsy joe, the guy didn't spar or train he just fought on the regular... grew up in the south fighting.

it's so cool to see phil with a kung fu black belt when he is like 25 in the 70's then see him ten years later one of the biggest martial artists in canada behind george st piere sp?.

peace

I agree with everything you said.
There is a difference between the violence in sport and "real world confrontation", that violence has very little to do with "technique" and more to do with "intent".
Groin kicking and eye poaking your way through zombies may be fun in video games, but in real world confrontation you really on high percentage moves that get the job done.
Not to say that a kick to the groin doesn't work, it just works better coming from a trained fighter than coming from someone highly trained in Kuen/kata/forms/mime-jutsu

SimonM
12-18-2008, 09:31 AM
To knife fighter:

To Diego, in direct response to his previous statement:

diego
12-18-2008, 11:20 AM
I agree with everything you said.
There is a difference between the violence in sport and "real world confrontation", that violence has very little to do with "technique" and more to do with "intent".
Groin kicking and eye poaking your way through zombies may be fun in video games, but in real world confrontation you really on high percentage moves that get the job done.
Not to say that a kick to the groin doesn't work, it just works better coming from a trained fighter than coming from someone highly trained in Kuen/kata/forms/mime-jutsu

Intent is an interesting science. I'm noticing Ring Combat is really just based on athletic conditioning, two guys in a weight class going for the chin. Do you know when boxing stopped being a 75 round event, were they unaware about tapping chins/spazzing neurons back then or something? :) When you fight a peer it's all ego based and SD from TMA teaches you to be humble so you don't slip and get laughed at when they ko you. When I so called "fight" I rely on adrenaline...unless you tap my chin, break my ankles, or crack my spine I'm not going to stop...unless I can't see;) :D

When you spar you tend to pose...when it's 3 am you tired walking to your car and see a junkie trot towards you your adrenaline fills up your posture... two different skills. Cool thing about hardcore kung fu drills they build that psychotic fighting state through their dances...

Right now I'm googling the history of the oldest ring fighter. All the legends talk about great mountain men with wizard fighting knowledge but youtube shows us healthy seniors boxing at the retirement home. The culture of CMA in the west is Self Defense based...tai chi for health iron palm and dim mak for SD, etc, etc. All these ringfighters when they helio gracies age will prolly see the worth in the old traditions, being it's all sports based ****ing american mma promo's

the thai's and brazilians are the knowledge, ****ing yanks and their wwf mentality laming the **** right out *****s couldn't sit one day in a Canuck Igloo...

I think it's a lot of unhealthy promotion out there based on too much drinking basically.

I'm gonna look up the oldest ring fighter and add on.

Cheers SR

diego
12-18-2008, 11:21 AM
To knife fighter:

To Diego, in direct response to his previous statement:

well one time buddy hit my friend and then i chased him and left the back of his head all bloody with the handle of my pellet gun...kicked his ribs in a bit nicely too and then ran.

SimonM
12-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Translation: No fight record.

But you claim to have pistol whipped a guy from behind and then kicked him while he was down before running away once... what a big man. :rolleyes:

diego
12-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Translation: No fight record.

But you claim to have pistol whipped a guy from behind and then kicked him while he was down before running away once... what a big man. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:;)

diego
12-19-2008, 06:19 PM
wow, look what I found...flow drills http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL108-I-vlA&feature=related

diego
12-23-2008, 10:17 PM
any one writing bull**** in this thread you gave me a good laugh...especially now that I have seen yall training camp: http://homedir-a.libsyn.com/podcasts/6b5ce2ec661d4ed3a55231d436d6f48a/4945a86e/undergroundshortbus/images/rs021.jpg

bawang
12-24-2008, 08:31 AM
so
errrr
what is "kajukenbo"??

David Jamieson
12-24-2008, 08:42 AM
man that guy totally puzzied out!

I don't know about some of you guys, but I've been hit straight in teh eyeball, poked deep in teh eyeball etc etc and not once did I fall to the floor and whine like a friockin baby.

disgusting! :mad:

and unbecoming of a martial artist.

pain is one thing and getting dropped is another, but that guy had full faculty and little demonstrable damage and therefor is a puss. :p

seriously, harden up.

David Jamieson
12-24-2008, 08:43 AM
any one writing bull**** in this thread you gave me a good laugh...especially now that I have seen yall training camp: http://homedir-a.libsyn.com/podcasts/6b5ce2ec661d4ed3a55231d436d6f48a/4945a86e/undergroundshortbus/images/rs021.jpg

bwahahaha, that's awesome! looks like the afghan training camp crew.

SimonM
12-24-2008, 09:07 AM
I told you NATO dropped the ball!

David Jamieson
12-24-2008, 10:58 AM
that's a different thread simon.

no spillover no spillover!

diego
12-26-2008, 09:14 PM
so
errrr
what is "kajukenbo"??
I answered you with the youtube links a page or two back... google...i replied hawaii after ww2 5 black belts on welfare bar room brawling. hello

diego
12-26-2008, 09:20 PM
http://ui13.gamespot.com/1292/teamwork2.jpg

here's you guys putting in some "resistance training" if you know what I mean, if you can dig it?.

diego
12-26-2008, 09:23 PM
http://jj.am/gallery/d/66946-2/Scorpion_escalator.gif

Bhwang decided to find out what is kajukenbo but forgot on the way up...

diego
12-26-2008, 09:29 PM
bhwang full of joy after figuring out life and **** decided to do some traditonal cma drills, lmao: http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z160/capnthepeafarmer/*******2.gif

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Dancing_kick_fail.gif

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/Razielo/GIF/Soccer_throw_headshot.gif

me knfiey and simone sparring...the bhwang clip got edited by the fliters the word is dumb a s s in stars!

diego
01-04-2009, 06:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlhrbL3Uv1w&feature=related

Jak Lallanne is da man!:D

diego
01-16-2009, 08:30 PM
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_9vwPAA29gk

denis has his first ufc fight tommorrow in ireland, should be entertaining...

is eastman a big name at all?