PDA

View Full Version : Ten years!?

Mr Punch
12-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Outrageous! (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/dec/16/russia-trial-gang-murder)

Thought Russia was hard on criminals... obviously depends on the crime.

doug maverick
12-15-2008, 07:58 PM
ten years for those two and six to twenty years for the others is nothing they should have all gotten life. some people would say the death penalty but giving murderers like that death is just like giving them two days, they get off easy. 20 murders and only ten years i cant believe that ****. next time i hear a russian talk about how much better their system is im going to bring this up.

Oso
12-15-2008, 08:07 PM
people suck

an eye for an eye

how can we start being 'better' as a 'society' or 'race' if we continuosly excuse the abberations among us?

how do 'bad' people have the same rights as the 'good' people?

why should 'bad' people enjoy the same rights to breed and pass on their genetic coding to another generation?

I don't know any answers, I just ask the questions. :cool:

diego
12-15-2008, 08:18 PM
people suck

an eye for an eye

how can we start being 'better' as a 'society' or 'race' if we continuosly excuse the abberations among us?

why should 'bad' people enjoy the same rights to breed and pass on their genetic coding to another generation?

I don't know any answers, I just ask the questions. :cool:
dude

robert pickton killed 50 prostitutes in my hometown...peeps will be like wow, i'm canadian...i'm just like wow you raped the natives and claim citizenship with Pickton!?!.

his brother and friend are free right now... they only found his dna. sometimes i feel the muslems are correct.

Mr Punch
12-15-2008, 09:34 PM
ten years for those two and six to twenty years for the others is nothing they should have all gotten life. some people would say the death penalty but giving murderers like that death is just like giving them two days, they get off easy. 20 murders and only ten years i cant believe that ****. next time i hear a russian talk about how much better their system is im going to bring this up.****ing right bro.

WanderingMonk
12-15-2008, 10:33 PM
people suck

an eye for an eye

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/28/iran-acid-attack-sharia-law

Eye for an eye: Iranian man sentenced to be blinded for acid attack
• Female victim was left sightless and disfigured
• She requests punishment, allowable under sharia law

* Robert Tait in Istanbul
* The Guardian, Friday 28 November 2008
* Article history

A man who blinded a woman in an acid attack after she spurned his marriage proposals has been sentenced to the same punishment, in a literal application of Iran's sharia eye-for-an-eye laws.

In a highly unusual judgment, Tehran province criminal court ordered Majid Movahedi, 27, to be blinded in both eyes from drops of acid in response to a plea from his victim, Ameneh Bahrami.

The punishment is legal under the sharia code of qisas, which allows retribution for violent crimes. The court also ordered Movahedi to pay compensation to the victim.

Bahrami was left horrifically disfigured after Movahedi threw a jar of acid in her face as she walked home from work in a busy Tehran neighbourhood in October 2004. She had previously complained to police about being threatened and harassed by Movahedi, who she had known while they were both university students, but had been told no action could be taken.

Since the attack, Bahrami has undergone 17 operations, some by surgeons in Spain, in an unsuccessful attempt to reconstruct her face. Her injuries led to the loss of one eye and left her blind in the other. The Iranian government has paid £22,500 towards her treatment.

Testifying in Movahedi's presence, she told the court that she wanted "to inflict the same life on him that he inflicted on me". Asked by the judge if she wanted Movahedi's face to be splashed with acid, she replied: "That is impossible and horrific. Just drip 20 drops of acid in his eyes so he can realise what pain I am undergoing."

Bahrami, an electronics graduate who worked for a medical engineering company before the attack, said Movahedi's family had asked her to marry him several times, but she had refused. Movahedi later threatened to kill her, she said, after saying that he had built his dreams around her.

Moments before the attack, she sensed she was being followed and tried to get away. But Movahedi caught up with her and stepped in front of her, before throwing acid in her face, leaving her screaming in pain.

Movahedi said he decided to attack Bahrami after she told him she had married someone else, and pleaded with him to leave her alone.

"I decided to splash acid on her face so her husband would leave her and I could have her," he told the court. He said he had earlier contemplated suicide.

Asked if he would still be prepared to marry Bahrami despite her injuries, Movahedi replied: "Yes. I love her."

Tehran's deputy public prosecutor, Mahmoud Salarkia, said the publicity surrounding the case would deter future acid attacks. "If this sentence is properly publicised in the media, it will stop the repetition of such incidents," he told the news website Tabnak. "Awareness of the punishment has a huge deterrent effect in stopping social crimes."

SimonM
12-16-2008, 09:08 AM

Because the extension of rights to those who may appear to be undeserving is one of the true measures of the universality of those rights.

In other words: two wrongs don't make a right.

WinterPalm
12-16-2008, 01:39 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/28/iran-acid-attack-sharia-law

Eye for an eye: Iranian man sentenced to be blinded for acid attack
• Female victim was left sightless and disfigured
• She requests punishment, allowable under sharia law

* Robert Tait in Istanbul
* The Guardian, Friday 28 November 2008
* Article history

A man who blinded a woman in an acid attack after she spurned his marriage proposals has been sentenced to the same punishment, in a literal application of Iran's sharia eye-for-an-eye laws.

In a highly unusual judgment, Tehran province criminal court ordered Majid Movahedi, 27, to be blinded in both eyes from drops of acid in response to a plea from his victim, Ameneh Bahrami.

The punishment is legal under the sharia code of qisas, which allows retribution for violent crimes. The court also ordered Movahedi to pay compensation to the victim.

Bahrami was left horrifically disfigured after Movahedi threw a jar of acid in her face as she walked home from work in a busy Tehran neighbourhood in October 2004. She had previously complained to police about being threatened and harassed by Movahedi, who she had known while they were both university students, but had been told no action could be taken.

Since the attack, Bahrami has undergone 17 operations, some by surgeons in Spain, in an unsuccessful attempt to reconstruct her face. Her injuries led to the loss of one eye and left her blind in the other. The Iranian government has paid £22,500 towards her treatment.

Testifying in Movahedi's presence, she told the court that she wanted "to inflict the same life on him that he inflicted on me". Asked by the judge if she wanted Movahedi's face to be splashed with acid, she replied: "That is impossible and horrific. Just drip 20 drops of acid in his eyes so he can realise what pain I am undergoing."

Bahrami, an electronics graduate who worked for a medical engineering company before the attack, said Movahedi's family had asked her to marry him several times, but she had refused. Movahedi later threatened to kill her, she said, after saying that he had built his dreams around her.

Moments before the attack, she sensed she was being followed and tried to get away. But Movahedi caught up with her and stepped in front of her, before throwing acid in her face, leaving her screaming in pain.

Movahedi said he decided to attack Bahrami after she told him she had married someone else, and pleaded with him to leave her alone.

"I decided to splash acid on her face so her husband would leave her and I could have her," he told the court. He said he had earlier contemplated suicide.

Asked if he would still be prepared to marry Bahrami despite her injuries, Movahedi replied: "Yes. I love her."

Tehran's deputy public prosecutor, Mahmoud Salarkia, said the publicity surrounding the case would deter future acid attacks. "If this sentence is properly publicised in the media, it will stop the repetition of such incidents," he told the news website Tabnak. "Awareness of the punishment has a huge deterrent effect in stopping social crimes."

That's the way justice should work!
I'm all for revenge if someone hurts me or someone I love. Screw going away for a couple years where you're fed...people that damage innocent people deserve far worse.