mickey
12-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Greetings,

Here it goes:

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/ironmind/GripTips/GripTip1.html

mickey

mickey
12-20-2008, 05:12 PM
While the aforementioned link will train that strong spontaneous grip, there are other methods of speed catching as well:

1- Quickly snatching a thrown sandbag out of the air. Can be done alone or with a partner

For sensitivity with a quick grab:

1- Quickly but softly grabbing a handball or tennis ball suspended from a string.

2- quickly grabbing a softly tossed handball or tennis ball from the air. It is not as easy as it
sounds.

3- Strongly throwing a handball or tennis ball at a wall and softly catching it. This can also be done with a superball. This is also very good for the eyes.

mickey

punchdrunk
12-31-2008, 12:06 PM
I like the hanging string variation, can't wait to try it. I have great holding strength but want to improve my squeezing grip and that might do it, typically those grip squeezers are easy for me but the fast random grab sounds better.

mickey
12-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi punchdrunk,

While I like Brookfield's article, I think my suggestion of grabbing a ball on a string would work a little better. Did you notice how close his hand is to the grippers? Then there are time factors of setting up the gripper at the proper angle for the grab. My suggestions train a quick relaxed strength. To grab a ball in the air with a hard gripping style may cause the ball to bounce out of your hand. Putting the ball on a rubber band cord would train the reflexes.

mickey

Dim Wit Mak
12-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks for sharing.:)

jet64
01-01-2009, 03:26 AM
Mickey,

With a partner you can do catching and throwing heavy handbags, it can develop reflex and fingertips for quick grabbing. Almost the same application when you use it for fighting.

bakxierboxer
01-01-2009, 03:39 AM
Some folks like to go one (or more) step(s) heavier and use shot-bags.

mickey
01-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Hi bakxierboxer,

Shot bags are fine too. :)

mickey

bakxierboxer
01-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi bakxierboxer,

Shot bags are fine too. :)

mickey

Yeah.... just gotta be careful that you don't "hit" it too hard with your fingertips
(or any other part you want to "take care of")

punchdrunk
01-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanx again Mickey, I'll have to try the ball as well

franco1688
01-05-2009, 02:22 AM
who is that in the link? looks like benjamin franklins great great great great great grandson. I'm sorry, I always have a hard time taking someone seriously if they look like they spend their evenings falling off a bar stool. Has anyone ever tried captains of crush grippers. They're pretty awesome. As far as catching/gripping is concerned, from my experience, a canvas bag filled with sand or copper shot works best.