PDA

View Full Version : shamo

doug maverick
12-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Based on the Japanese Manga about Ryo Narushima (Shawn Yue), a talented, college-bound student who murders both of his parents in cold blood. He is sent to a reformatory where he trains in karate under Kenji Kurokawa (Francis Ng), a man imprisoned after trying to assassinate the Japanese Prime Minister. Two years after his conviction, Ryo is released and begins a new life as an ultra-violent professional fighter

that's the synopsis of this 2007 film starring shawn yue, francis ng,bruce leung and fight choreagraphy by jack wong and directed by soi chueng. this movie got some terrible reviews most probably by fans of the manga this is based off of. and i think they were being way to biased, this film was good not great but good, and enjoyable i can watch it more then once. i thought shawn yue really stepped his game up in terms of action since his horrible stint in dragon tiger gate. the thing that really caught my eye in this film was the production design, and costumes there was a real attention to detail when it came to that and i enjoyed the look of the film. i been watching out for soi the director since dog bite dog, which starred now disgraced hk star edison chan. it was edisons best acting ever period. and i thought if soi could do that what else can he do, and he did the same thing with shawn in terms of action and acting. its definitley worth a watch.

jethro
12-22-2008, 12:01 AM
although I hated Invis Target, I thought Shawn Yue did a good job. I may have to check this shamo out. Always nice to see the Kung Fu Hustle Toad man Bruce Leung in action. I think I heard he only gets one fight though.

doug maverick
12-22-2008, 12:53 AM
yeah but its with francis ng and its **** good. i think they wanted this to go on as a series but it got bombarded with bad reviews especially in the us.

GeneChing
12-22-2008, 10:41 AM
I was wondering if it was worth a look or not...thanks for your 2 cents, you two! :D