PDA

View Full Version : Economic Crash couse

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Discuss

http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse

Luk Hop
12-22-2008, 06:49 AM
Nothing new here. If all one has been doing is watching reality TV and arguing on the "Is Shaolin-Do for real?" thread, then this could come as a shock, but if one has done their research then it has all been seen before. Not an attack to you Royal Dragon, your posts and threads are usually quite entertaining.

I suggest a chapter 21: How to create a plague
chapter 22: How to survive the plague

I do not know what type of interactive discussion that you hope to gain from posting it on this forum, but at least you knew better than to put it in the MMA section.

David Jamieson
12-22-2008, 08:35 AM
I don't follow any of the market people any more.

Simply because they have proven themselves to be unknowing and horrendously wrong about pretty much everything.

buy land, save your money and the only way to lubricate the economy is to spend your disposable income.

Water Dragon
12-22-2008, 06:13 PM
a little real economics to balance out the equation

http://www.econ.yale.edu/~shiller/

Li Kao
12-22-2008, 06:51 PM
I found Fred Thompson's latest video on the economy to at least be entertaining:
http://blip.tv/file/1528079

Love this line: "Ask not what your country can spend for you, ask what you can spend for your country."

Reverend Tap
12-22-2008, 08:54 PM
I don't follow any of the market people any more.

Simply because they have proven themselves to be unknowing and horrendously wrong about pretty much everything.

buy land, save your money and the only way to lubricate the economy is to spend your disposable income.

You think the "free market" crowd is bad, try dealing with anarcho-capitalists sometime. Yeesh.

sanjuro_ronin
12-23-2008, 05:35 AM
There is no such a thing as free market.
Doubt that ever will happen.

David Jamieson
12-23-2008, 05:50 AM
There is no such a thing as free market.
Doubt that ever will happen.

quoted for bitter truth... :(

sanjuro_ronin
12-23-2008, 06:17 AM
quoted for bitter truth... :(

I wouldn't look at it as bitter, some government regulation is always needed.
I don't think anyone truly wants an open free global market.

bakxierboxer
12-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Oil prices near $35 on more dour economic news
Email this Story

Dec 24, 2:13 PM (ET)

By JOHN PORRETTO

HOUSTON (AP) - Crude prices tumbled Wednesday following a raft of bad economic news and growing stockpiles of unused gasoline that suggested demand for energy has continued to erode.

Light, sweet crude for February delivery fell $3.63 to settle at $35.35 in a shortened day of trading. Prices fell as low as $35.13 just before the market closed for the holiday.

{SNIP!}

In other Nymex trading, gasoline futures tumbled by 6.3 cents to settle at 79.27 cents a gallon. Heating oil plunged 12.8 cents to settle at $1.1983 a gallon while natural gas for January rose 17.3 cents to settle at $5.91 per 1,000 cubic feet.

Aside from that:

HOMELAND SECURITY RESCUES CITIZENS FROM:

"Turns out even mail has dramatic possibilities, as sharp-eyed officers pry open toys containing black-market prescription drugs and uncover an exotic and illicit food item: barbecued bats from Thailand."

humbleman
01-05-2009, 04:56 PM
The democrats pass the "fairness doctrine", effectively banning Rush Limbaugh and the other blowvinators from the air. Dittoheads go into a oxycotin-like withdrawal, forcing them all to rush out and purchase Sirius/XM capable sets, thus stimulating the economy. A real bipartisan effort!:D

bakxierboxer
01-05-2009, 09:01 PM
The democrats pass the "fairness doctrine", effectively banning Rush Limbaugh and the other blowvinators from the air. Dittoheads go into a oxycotin-like withdrawal, forcing them all to rush out and purchase Sirius/XM capable sets, thus stimulating the economy. A real bipartisan effort!:D

Air America and Al Franken as their unpaid "anchor"/"star"/suckinator (the opposite of "blowvinator"?) did so badly in "the market" that he quit and ran for the US Senate in a hopefully vain effort to find SOMEplace that will actually listen to him. (and even pay him)(a true waste of taxpayer $$$)

Reverend Tap
01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Air America and Al Franken as their unpaid "anchor"/"star"/suckinator (the opposite of "blowvinator"?) did so badly in "the market" that he quit and ran for the US Senate in a hopefully vain effort to find SOMEplace that will actually listen to him. (and even pay him)(a true waste of taxpayer $$$)

Considering Franken won the recount and will be seated once Coleman runs out of way to try and stall by playing the legal system, looks like some people have been listening to the guy after all.

David Jamieson
01-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Franken wasn't very funny on SNL. In fact, he was like the "dead" years. Or as some call it, the piscapo era. lol

maybe he'll be funnier as a senator.

he sure is being a little whinger about that recount though. But to be fair, so is his "do nothing lazy can't get hired in the private sector" opponent.

:p

bakxierboxer
01-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Franken wasn't very funny on SNL. In fact, he was like the "dead" years. Or as some call it, the piscapo era. lol

maybe he'll be funnier as a senator.

he sure is being a little whinger about that recount though. :p

Them Senators better watch out.... Franken's already threatened to wrassle with some who don't agree with him. (ok, he was a HS or college wrestler.... he says)