Shaolinlueb
12-24-2008, 01:38 AM
this a reposts?
http://www.break.com/index/use-the-force.html

guy uses chi to break boards. i figure you guys will like this

discuss

doug maverick
12-24-2008, 03:34 AM
thats some bull****. watch the vid a few times and that looks like some phony bologna.

sanjuro_ronin
12-24-2008, 05:26 AM
I totally believe that !
Its 100% real !!!

Now if you don't mind, me and my unicorn have places to go.

* flies away sprinkling fairy dust*

Oso
12-25-2008, 08:20 AM
http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/12/How-To-Survive-a-Bear-Attack-632177.html

Scott R. Brown
12-25-2008, 08:49 AM
wait....Wait......WAIT.......Let me breathe......gather my chi into my tan tien......flex my arms a bit......have a bowel movement.......give myself a hernia.......and then I will explode your head with my super galactic chi!!:rolleyes:

TenTigers
12-25-2008, 09:02 AM
watch the way he moves and bows after the break.
Tell me he doesn't remind you of Andy Kaufman as Latke:D

Oso
12-25-2008, 09:45 AM
so, how did he do it?

apparently tons of witness...there does seem to be a pause in the film as the boards break and the breaks through the boards are way to clean...but, how?

taai gihk yahn
12-25-2008, 09:57 AM
wait....Wait......WAIT.......Let me breathe......gather my chi into my tan tien......flex my arms a bit......have a bowel movement.......give myself a hernia.......and then I will explode your head with my super galactic chi!!:rolleyes:
I KNEW that it was you, Scott...

watch the way he moves and bows after the break.
Tell me he doesn't remind you of Andy Kaufman as Latke:D
oooh, thenk you very mach!

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-25-2008, 10:50 PM
I think it has something to do with those Gay pants he's wearing.

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-25-2008, 10:53 PM
so, how did he do it?

apparently tons of witness...there does seem to be a pause in the film as the boards break and the breaks through the boards are way to clean...but, how?

Reply]
The boards were pre broke, and barely held in place by friction.

His friend is an excellent sniper with a BB gun.

David Jamieson
12-26-2008, 03:52 AM
always watch the hand that isn't supposed to be doing anything. :)

Oso
12-26-2008, 05:53 AM
always watch the hand that isn't supposed to be doing anything. :)

ok, watched that hand again what am I supposed to be seeing?

btw, not arguing he did it with his breath, only trying to figure out the trick

David Jamieson
12-26-2008, 08:49 AM
ok, watched that hand again what am I supposed to be seeing?

btw, not arguing he did it with his breath, only trying to figure out the trick

that's the hand that has the line in it. :)

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-26-2008, 09:24 AM
If this was staged intentionally for Youtube, then the witnesses are fake too, and simple fishing line on the empty hand is all that would be needed to pull this off.

The boards could have a small eyelets screwed into them on the back edge, and pins though them. The fishing line would pull the pins out, and the magic would appear to be real.

However, the fishing line would be visible in the sunlight fro a number of angles, so this is likely a set up specifically for youtube.

David Jamieson
12-26-2008, 10:46 AM
lol. That we would even question if it is fake or not is absurd.
Of course its fake!
Questioning how the fraud was perpetrated is valid though.
Questioning if it is real or not is a clear indicator of not enough trips around the sun yet.

:D

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-26-2008, 11:43 AM
The question I have is this:
Was this faked for Youtube specifically? or is it designed to fool a live audience.

If it is designed to fool a live audience, then a lot more thought must be put into how it was pulled off.

I still say he has a friend that is a sharp shooter with a BB gun, and his Gay pants have something to do with it as well.

TenTigers
12-26-2008, 12:39 PM
this could be easily done with pre-broken boards, and fishing line tied or looped to his shoe. People never look at the feet.but you could be right, watch his left hand.

Reverend Tap
12-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Doesn't look like he's pulling his hand back any further for the "break" than during his prep, so I don't know if he'd be holding a line there. It does look like he brought his right foot back further and with more force, and wiggled it, on the final attempt, so he could have a line attached there.

Anyone else notice the boards "broke" from the middle out (3, 2, 4, 1)? Makes sense; attaching a line or other mechanism to one of the middle boards would be much less likely to be spotted.

Lucas
12-26-2008, 01:25 PM
pre cut bricks + magician cord (not noticable to the naked eye unless viewed very close. its how they do any simple floating trick.)

TenTigers
12-26-2008, 03:24 PM
I dunno, ya gotta give the guy some credit.
I mean, he did channel in Andy Kaufman...

:p

SimonM
12-31-2008, 01:59 PM
:D bump :D