PDA

View Full Version : Wu jing / Ng King – Yip Man issue

Eddie
12-25-2008, 04:08 AM
So Wujing came to Wuhan a few days ago, but apparently there are allot of issues with him in Hong Kong. In an interview he apparently said he didn’t know who Yip Man was. This outraged the WC community to the extend that a challenge had been issued.

I heard this from someone at work who just came from HK. Don’t have a link to some more info on it yet.

doug maverick
12-25-2008, 04:51 AM
well one, this is posted in the wrong section. two, thats total BS. sorry, just not buying it not one bit.

Eddie
12-25-2008, 05:00 AM
what is BS?
I did re post it to the other forum, but as I enjoy this forum, I wanted to post it here. WC is also a southern style.

But which part is total BS? The part about wu jing not knowing who ip man was, or the past that he caused a riot amonst the wing chun community? Are you in Hong Kong? There were fragments of the story in papers here.... so I know somehting is up. just wondered if someone in HK knows more.

doug maverick
12-25-2008, 06:31 AM
im not in hk but i have super reliable sources who are in the media and film world over there. and its bs, its just gossip. you telling me you believe everything that is printed about a celeb? come on now. something as big as this is front page news and would be all over the place, in terms of the hk movie world, sites like twitch kfc and others including wu-jings own site would have reported on this if it was in anyway true. did he say he didnt know who ipman was? thats possible, but considering that he list bruce lee as his all time idol i doubt he wouldnt know what everybody else knows that bruce lee's wing chun teacher was ipman, another thing i dont believe is the challenges, that sounds preposterous, on what grounds? did he insult ip family by saying he didnt know him? no he did not. not to mention that this just wreaks of gossip column us weekly type trash. also when i said you posted in the wrong place i meant the section, this is a topic more for the media section, because its about a hk star. more so then wing chun or even martial arts. oh and another thing, when you say stuff like this you have to have a source to back it up, or else its just hearsay.

First Blood
12-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Actually Doug was wrong...........you need to post your story in a womans Gossip forum..................this is a kung fu forum incase you hadn't notice !???

Eddie
12-25-2008, 07:33 AM
you are way to angry young man.

that was the point to my post. i asked if anyone knows more to the story. Wu Jing came to my town a few days back, and people spoke about what happened in HK. i never claimed any facts, was merely asking. This site is full of people that are my friends, and whom I enjoy chatting to. We are allowed to make idol chat every now and then.

I get the feeling you took allot of offence to my “African american’ remark, therefore this very subtle attack. I really did not intend to offend you, instead, I actually thought I supported the idea of not labeling someone based on their race. Many people on here know me, some knows me personally. I really don’t like to offend people, and if I did, I apologize. I have used this forum for more than 10 years now (since the KFO days), and I enjoy the fact tat we can sometimes go off topic and talk about less serious issues.

As for the topic at hand, heres a link to a Chinese site. Give me a few days, and I will have the whole story. Its not gossip, its already in the news. http://ent.qq.com/a/20081220/000030.htm

I know there are people who are in HK at the moment, and I was merely interested to hear the story from that side.

bakxierboxer
12-25-2008, 08:28 AM
.... We are allowed to make idol chat every now and then.

Is it really "idol" chat, or did you mean "idle" chat?
(or maybe "idle idol chat"?) :cool:

TenTigers
12-25-2008, 08:39 AM
I'd be surprised if Jason Scott Lee knew who Yip Man was.
I'd be surprised if Ralph Machio knew who Chojun Miyagi was.
I'd really be surprised if Jet Li knew that Wong Fei-Hung practiced Hung Kuen.
But..then again, I don't know who Wu Jing is.

edit-after reading his bio and seeing the clip from "Legendary A$$asin" I still am not surprised. Why would a mainland wu-shu performer know anything about Traditional Southern Gung-Fu, especially one lineage that is predominantly taught in HK?

I knew a Hassidic rabbi who didn't know who the Buddha was.

doug maverick
12-25-2008, 01:35 PM
you are way to angry young man.

that was the point to my post. i asked if anyone knows more to the story. Wu Jing came to my town a few days back, and people spoke about what happened in HK. i never claimed any facts, was merely asking. This site is full of people that are my friends, and whom I enjoy chatting to. We are allowed to make idol chat every now and then.

I get the feeling you took allot of offence to my “African american’ remark, therefore this very subtle attack. I really did not intend to offend you, instead, I actually thought I supported the idea of not labeling someone based on their race. Many people on here know me, some knows me personally. I really don’t like to offend people, and if I did, I apologize. I have used this forum for more than 10 years now (since the KFO days), and I enjoy the fact tat we can sometimes go off topic and talk about less serious issues.

As for the topic at hand, heres a link to a Chinese site. Give me a few days, and I will have the whole story. Its not gossip, its already in the news. http://ent.qq.com/a/20081220/000030.htm

I know there are people who are in HK at the moment, and I was merely interested to hear the story from that side.

actually im not angry at all, not in the least about the african american comment, its simply not that important of an issue. thats one, two while i am a young man i do resent the context in which you used that, i am young ys, but im also a grown man. also i was merely telling you that, your post was in the wrong section of the forum, it sounded like bologna, not calling you a liar, but dude come on if you heard a stroy like that it immediately rings of gossip column bull sh!t, and even thou its in the news im still not convinced. not that he didnt know who yip man was, but the whole wing chun challenge thing just sounds like malarkey.

banditshaw
12-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Well one things for certain. These types of stories are always good for publicity, true or otherwise.

TenTigers
12-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Well one things for certain. These types of stories are always good for publicity, true or otherwise.

yep, now they can stage a fight, where some wc guy challenges him. This way his reputation as being a fighter and not just a wu-shu performer becomes known.
(I missed my calling. I should be in promotions..)

doug maverick
12-25-2008, 10:24 PM
glad everyone can see through this BS.

Eddie
12-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Good publicity stunt then.

Eddie
12-25-2008, 11:25 PM
. not that he didnt know who yip man was, but the whole wing chun challenge thing just sounds like malarkey.

Actually, kung fu schools used to challenge each other in the news papers all the time back in the old day (in HK and Southern China). There are still people in HK that are very much stuck in their old ways.

Actually, I once sad with a very reputable and famous HK master reading this very same forum when he got so upset about something someone posted about his style that he wanted to challenge him right away. He cooled off after a few mins but it just shows how serious some people take these things.

This forum is not exactly buzzing with posts, so excuse me for the ‘idle’ chat.

doug maverick
12-25-2008, 11:49 PM
its not the challenge, its the reason. i mean picture it, you sitting with a wing chun guy your a famous action star and the guy ask if u know who yip man is and u say no and the guy just jumps and say's i challenge you. not saying it happened that way, but do you see the absurdity of that?

SteveLau
12-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Well first of all, I am in Hong Kong. I did not read the story much in the news media, including web forums. Because to me, it is gossip. It is not important to me. So how much we have read is true ? That means is there any BS in it ? I am not 100% sure about that. Current local news media has a lot of BS, especially in the entertainment business section. So we should not believe much of such story. I listened to a two hours interview of Wu Jing in a radio show about two weeks ago. All I believe he is not a saint, and he is not an ******* either. And the challenge issued to him by some local Wing Chun people is just nonsense. Thugs will challenge people for something like that. Afterall, the whole thing will likely end and be forgotten soon.

Merry Christmas,

KC
Hong Kong

doug maverick
12-26-2008, 12:51 AM
thanks steve, thats what im hearing from everyone i know in hk.gossip

TenTigers
12-26-2008, 07:57 AM
even bad publicity is good publicity. Madonna proved that. As scandalous as she was, her songs were always on the top of the charts, and her shows drew sold-out crowds.

doug maverick
12-26-2008, 01:48 PM
im just glad guy richie finally escaped her clutch's and hopefully juuust hopefully, his version of sherlock holmes will be the ****.

Shaolinlueb
12-27-2008, 01:10 AM
im just glad guy richie finally escaped her clutch's and hopefully juuust hopefully, his version of sherlock holmes will be the ****.

guy ritchie sherlock homes? pwnage right there.

doug maverick
12-27-2008, 01:33 AM
guy ritchie sherlock homes? pwnage right there.

agreed totally

banditshaw
12-27-2008, 02:42 AM
As long as he doesn't cast that bald twat Statham as the lead it should be alright.

doug maverick
12-27-2008, 11:50 AM
actually this film is pretty old news and has been shooting for the last three months. rodney downey jr. is homes, and jude law is watson.

banditshaw
12-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Rodney eh? hmmm yeah I don't know about this Rodney guy... I've heard of Robert Downey Jr.. You know, the guy who played Iron Man?

doug maverick
12-27-2008, 05:34 PM
yeah robert downey jr. dont be a smart ass lol

Laukarbo
12-27-2008, 09:31 PM
As long as he doesn't cast that bald twat Statham as the lead it should be alright.

i wonder why people hating on Statham..he was pretty cool in Guy Ritchie"s films...
actually better than in his recent films..

doug maverick
12-27-2008, 10:18 PM
agreed he is the best when he is with ritchie

Shaolinlueb
12-27-2008, 11:58 PM
u hear death race is amazing! AMAZING!!!

stratholm can be the bad guy, whats his name moriarty

doug maverick
12-28-2008, 01:45 AM
statham would make a good moriarty. in the set of this film since its suppose to be more of an action film anyway.

WanderingMonk
12-28-2008, 08:16 AM
So Wujing came to Wuhan a few days ago, but apparently there are allot of issues with him in Hong Kong. In an interview he apparently said he didn’t know who Yip Man was. This outraged the WC community to the extend that a challenge had been issued.

I heard this from someone at work who just came from HK. Don’t have a link to some more info on it yet.

gossip, yes, major pi**ing match, yes

so, everyone is pouring gasoline on the flame, trying to set off a powder keg, because hey it is all in good fun, right?:eek:

so, there are challenges from HK WC players to Wu jing and counter challenge from mainland sanshou fighters to take up the challenges for wu jing. hey, that's what I call entertainment. HK WC Online community vs Mainland China MA online community, get out the pop corns :D

the interview
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=LEqN52qZyzM&feature=PlayList&p=A0B5096004DCC2E3&playnext=1&index=88

the new article:

吳京首次回應咏春門人挑戰:我尊重每種功夫
中評社北京12月22日電/ 11月20日在內地接受採訪的時候,不小心提及自己當初並不知道“葉問”是誰,功夫小生吳京21日也在廣州 首次向記者回應咏春門人要挑戰自己的事情。對於對方咄咄逼人的“打擂台”說法,吳京說對武林前輩表示尊重, 是習武之人應有的武德,而自己是個“乖孩子”,從小父親就教育自己要有武德。不過假如對方發出這樣的聲討是 為了替《葉問》和《狼牙》博宣傳的話,他也認為無不可。

重談事件起因:因電影才知道葉問是一代宗師

據新快報報道,之前一直在寧波拍攝電影《機器俠》,吳京昨晚才得悉自己被咏春門人挑戰。他說自己最近一 直在趕戲,坐夜班機來到廣州,只睡了一個半小時。

關於這件事情到底是怎麼一回事情,吳京說因為已經過去了一個月,所以自己想不起來當時具體是怎麼說的了 ,要等重新看了視頻才能確定是怎麼一回事情。但據自己的回憶,他當時的意思應該是說自己最初是不知道葉問, 後來是因為聽說梁朝偉和甄子丹都要出演葉問,這才知道原來他是一代宗師,而且有個徒弟是李小龍 。

而對於咏春拳,吳京則表示自己早有所聞,而且還和謝霆鋒、鄭中基一起了解過,甚至還想把它用到自己的電 影中。“我尊重每一種功夫”,他說。

回應咏春門人挑戰:如果從宣傳角度無不可

由於這段視頻被放在了YOUTUBE上,引來了不少咏春門人的不滿。他們召開記者招待會聲討之餘,還揚 言願意派出弟子與吳京切磋武技。甚至有人發出了一些帶挑釁的言論,表示北京武術隊出身的吳京,以前參加過的 比賽都是青少年組別的,是次一級的,而且從來沒代表過中國參加任何國際賽事。對於這樣的聲討,吳京首先澄清 自己對葉問宗師並沒有不尊重的意思。“從小我受到的教育就是要尊師重道,我的師父、父親一直對我說要尊重前 輩,我自己也曾去拜訪民間的武林前輩,所以我不可能去侮辱葉問師父或者咏春拳,那樣被師父知道了還不打死我 。”

而對於咏春門人這次放出的挑戰,他表示自己沒辦法做正面答複。但隨後記者提到對方之所以這麼做,可能是 為了兩部近期上映的電影做宣傳。吳京說:“如果是從宣傳的角度,我認為也無不可。”而《葉問》很快要籌拍續 集,假如邀請吳京在其中出演角色,他是否願意?吳京說:“只要是好的角色就行,我也不介意在電影中會被葉問 打敗。”

bawang
12-28-2008, 08:20 PM
hi guys
who is ip man??

Laukarbo
12-28-2008, 10:22 PM
now i also heard this from friends in HK and also from the mainland...

there are a few that challenged Wu jing..although i find it hard to believe not to know yip man ..it might be possible.:cool:
I recently also challenged some chinese kids that didnt know wong fei hung:D..its sad that i have to mention Jet Li before anyone knows who WFH is...

:D:confused::cool:

Eddie
12-29-2008, 03:03 AM
you now have a whole school of san shou fighters all against a whole country of Wing Chun players.

In a few years, they could make a movie about this. Donny Yen will play Wujing :)

diego
12-29-2008, 10:01 PM
you now have a whole school of san shou fighters all against a whole country of Wing Chun players.

In a few years, they could make a movie about this. Donny Yen will play Wujing :)

Donny Yen's Grandson will then become the lineage holder of the then infamous "Wujing Chuan":D

SimonM
12-31-2008, 06:59 AM
hi guys
who is ip man??

Ye Wen;

This guy. (http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ip_Man)

jet64
01-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Anyone wants to challenge Bawang? He doesnt know Ip Man :D