PDA

View Full Version : Anaconda Choke or Arm Triangle?

MasterKiller
01-06-2009, 07:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/TobiasMoran/kittah.jpg

David Jamieson
01-06-2009, 07:30 PM
kitty = dinner

Oso
01-06-2009, 09:51 PM
****, that's effed up...reminds me of a story though on how I got the cat I own:

almost 10 years ago at my place of work the maintenance dept was housed in a 100 year old ex-hunting cabin...it had a shanty like from porch and birds always made nests in the eaves of the porch. The property also had a large population of stray cats. This one particular spring one of the females had a litter of cats under the porch. We would often find her on the porch eyeing the birds in their nests. We kept several dolly's on the porch for moving furniture and appliances (appliance dolly's are both taller and mass more than your average dolly). One day we walked up to the porch and there was mama cat lying under the overturned dolly at the very edge of the porch...she had evidently tried to climb it to reach the birds and it fell over...coincidentally catching her head between one of the crossbars and the edge of the porch and crushing it.

We spent two days digging under the porch to reach the kittens...by that time only one was alive and I kept her.

Three Harmonies
01-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Pretty snake.

Ben Gash
01-07-2009, 11:41 AM
A little warning?

lkfmdc
01-07-2009, 12:42 PM
I usually like sick humor, but that wasn't kewl to post, IMHO

WinterPalm
01-07-2009, 01:30 PM
A bit much if you ask me...but technically there are no arms so to make an arm triangle...

Maybe a warning next time...looks a lot like my cat.:(

David Jamieson
01-07-2009, 01:50 PM
sensitive much guys?

I have 3 cats and i love them. Dog too!
but, this is an interesting photo and to me it simply appears that the cat was going for life # 10 and it didn't happen.

what about cats eating mice?

humans beating humans, shins being broken?

harden up a little eh? :)

Lucas
01-07-2009, 01:56 PM
im going out on a limb and assuming the neck was broken. constrictors

looks like some sort of python.

brothernumber9
01-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't be surpised if the cat was actually still alive. The photo seems odd though. It's not entirely discernable, but it looks like the tail end has the cat ensnared. Although I'm no herpatologist (sp?), most constrictors bite and coil head first around the body, the tail would, if could, often be anchored, if from say a tree. Even if it were the other way around, most constrictors would hold with a bite and coil tighter until the prey is dead. Cats are extremely flexible and fairly durable. I think the tail may be enough to hold the cat, but not kill it.
This picture looks like the snake may have been trying to flee, and that a mischevious cat tried to get the tail and got caught up buy the tail of the snake, but the snake is unable, or hasn't yet turned it's body around or can't, to compensate for the cat's weight which could perhps pull them both down to the floor.

Just an odd picture to me.

Lucas
01-07-2009, 03:31 PM
ya, my guess is that the cat attacked. Snake acted in self defense is my guess. for the same reason bro#9 said. if the snake attacked it would try to get an additional hold with its jaws.

I highly doubt the snake would let go until dead or its antagonist is dead. its just snake nature to kill or be killed if it cannot run. in that photo the cat may be alive, but as its hangling slack and not in any state of action, its at least incapacitated and on its way to death.

ive owned a few constrictors over the years, and ive never seen one let anything live once coiled.

i had one that had a bad habbit of beating its meals on walls THEN constricting, if it was a small enough meal.

Three Harmonies
01-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Harden the **** up guys!! Jesus, you sound like a bunch of little girls! Who am I kidding, the little girls I know are tougher!

Completely natural.

It is a python. Looks like some variation of a Carpet python (Aussie), or Bredl's Python (Oz again). And it is the head end, though hard to see. Snakes' tails' are there weakest areas.

Jake

Three Harmonies
01-07-2009, 04:55 PM
I looked at it again, and the python MAY be holding the cat with its tail. I have seen this especially with boids. Not sure why the do it. I have had some constrict (and no, that does not break the neck or back. It is suffocation.) and seem disinterested but would keep the lower 1/3 of their body wrapped around the rodent.

WinterPalm
01-07-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm just saying that a lot of people have cats for pets and don't find any educational value in something like this. People put warnings for violent clips and while animal death is natural, sometimes people don't want to see a dead cat or dog.
It has nothing to do with hardening up...this is the ****ing internet. I've dealt with my fair share of dead pets and it sucks, and some people don't care to look at this stuff.
Just a warning...
Besides, I answered the question.

Reverend Tap
01-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Yeah, wasn't exactly the sort of thing I wanted to see, considering I have a terminally ill cat right now.

Scenes of death, videos of stabbings, tons of blood and gore, whatever. I've never been squeamish about seeing it, just post a friggin' warning so we know what to expect, huh?

Mr Punch
01-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Nothing to do with toughening up but working in a Japanese junior high school that was definitely NSFW.

But FTR, I'm with Rev Tap on the heads up for termination pics.

naja
01-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Harden the **** up guys!! Jesus, you sound like a bunch of little girls! Who am I kidding, the little girls I know are tougher!

Completely natural.

It is a python. Looks like some variation of a Carpet python (Aussie), or Bredl's Python (Oz again). And it is the head end, though hard to see. Snakes' tails' are there weakest areas.

Jake

Looks like a scrub to me.

I've not got as much exp with boids as I do colubrids...but I've only seen a boid constrict with it's tail when it's uninterested in the prey item. Colubrids are a different story. I have a cali king that would constrict one item with its tail while constricting a second item with it head region when it was young enough to be fed pinks.

Three Harmonies
01-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Jesus, you guys really do need to HTFU!! I have two cats as well! So what? NSFW??????? It is something natural, not two chicks going at it in terms of NSFW. Harden up ladies!

Perhaps a scrub, but I think the pattern may be a bit different. Indeed I agree with the colubrid statement! Either way this cat looks a bit too big for the snake.

Jake

Reverend Tap
01-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Jesus, you guys really do need to HTFU!! I have two cats as well! So what? NSFW??????? It is something natural, not two chicks going at it in terms of NSFW. Harden up ladies!

Perhaps a scrub, but I think the pattern may be a bit different. Indeed I agree with the colubrid statement! Either way this cat looks a bit too big for the snake.

Jake

Um...sex is no less natural than predation and death. :rolleyes:

David Jamieson
01-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Um...sex is no less natural than predation and death. :rolleyes:

yeah, but it's distracting and highly unproductive when we are all masturbating instead of ....wait a minute...

Oso
01-08-2009, 02:57 PM
yeah, but it's distracting and highly unproductive when we are all masturbating instead of ....wait a minute...

lmao..........

Lucas
01-08-2009, 02:59 PM
i remember reading some old samurai text. may have been hagakure, but i may be mistaken. but anyhow, the samurai suggested that a when a boy becomes a man, it can be a good idea to get a cat, get attached to it. then kill it.

not implying anything, this just popped in my head when reading about DJ masturbating....;)

Mr Punch
01-08-2009, 06:04 PM

JakeAre you an idiot? Harden up? Do you think I dictate what is safe at my workplace? The fact is, whether you agree with or not, or whether I agree with it or not, it is NSFW.

yeah, but it's distracting and highly unproductive when we are all masturbating instead of ....wait a minute...LOL, funniest thing I read all day! (Mind you, it is morning over here...)

...not implying anything, this just popped in my head when reading about DJ masturbating....;)
Most disturbing thing I'm likely to read all year!

Lucas
01-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Most disturbing thing I'm likely to read all year!

those crazy samurai ;)

Mr Punch
01-08-2009, 06:15 PM
those crazy samurai ;)No. It's not that, man. It's that

you were thinking about David spanking the monkey...

and, the first thing you thought about when you thought about said simian punishment is people killing cats...

You've gone wrong, mate.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lucas
01-08-2009, 07:24 PM
no no no. lol

re read it. as i was reading what DJ wrote, it popped into my head. likely to ward me of a mental vision that could most probably physically blind me forever.

:eek:

Lucas
01-08-2009, 07:25 PM
i get u tho. its still messed up either way, ill admit that.

冠木侍
01-08-2009, 07:59 PM
MK has a way of just riling things up and watching it snowball. :p

David Jamieson
01-08-2009, 08:05 PM
what about this, is it safe for work?

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/DKIMAGES/Discover/previews/798/25095746.JPG

just being provocative. :p

betcha lucas pukes! hahaha.

just being a thoughtless git. :D

Oso
01-08-2009, 08:12 PM
dude, that's disgusting...it's...like...like...interracial grilling...one meat at at time, man...one meat at a time...

Lucas
01-08-2009, 08:37 PM
i just finished my work out, and that **** makes me hungry. :mad:

David Jamieson
01-08-2009, 08:44 PM
dude, that's disgusting...it's...like...like...interracial grilling...one meat at at time, man...one meat at a time...

Clearly, your Bar-B-Q is not big enough! get thee to Ye Olde Grill Shoppe!

Three Harmonies
01-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Not anymore of an idiot than you bro:D

bakxierboxer
01-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I have a cali king that would constrict one item with its tail while constricting a second item with it head region when it was young enough to be fed pinks.

My juvenile Retics used to do that with rats (not-pinks) when they were only 2 feet or so long.