PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this UK Wing Chun sifu?

Hardwork108
01-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Anyone know this UK Wing Chun sifu? His lineage and background. He seems to be good on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8fxnQGfXiQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO6A829K56I

TinTin_57
01-13-2009, 03:15 AM
Hi

I found details about the Wing Chun he teaches here http://masterwongshop.com/index.html

Click on 'Martial Arts Courses' and have a look at pages 3-4 in the file that opens. No mention that I can see of his background though it seems the system he teaches now is his own.

Paul T England
01-13-2009, 08:04 AM
His dvds are cool....

Almost A Ghost
01-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Wow, he's definitely a character LOL.

"I don't give a monkey" haha.

Hardwork108
01-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Wow, he's definitely a character LOL.

"I don't give a monkey" haha.

The camera seem to love him and he seems to have a shall I say external approach to WC training. He also looks to have a fighters attitude.

However, I would have liked to have known more about his background.

Hardwork108
01-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Hi

I found details about the Wing Chun he teaches here http://masterwongshop.com/index.html

Click on 'Martial Arts Courses' and have a look at pages 3-4 in the file that opens. No mention that I can see of his background though it seems the system he teaches now is his own.

Thanks for the link, I will be checking it out as soon as I have some time.:)

Hardwork108
01-13-2009, 05:05 PM
His dvds are cool....

I have his dvd on Chum Kiu and it is interesting.

scottking
01-15-2009, 10:53 AM
master wong did an article for combat magazine a couple of years ago, if i can find it i will let you know about his background.
cheers newbie scott

Jansingsang
01-15-2009, 12:20 PM
You all have been fooled, all you so called knowledgeable Wing chun people Should be ashamed !:o

This guys a joker :D ... One his not doing wing chun / ving tsun . Nothing he does is simultaneous 1 then 2 beat strikes . He impresses you cause he hits hard, doesn't beat about the bush, that's how his managed to fool you :rolleyes:

Two nothing is reflective of the ( three boxing forms applications) .Three his doing a poor mans impression of Bruce lee in Longstreet :D I had to speak out as its getting out of hand now ....:eek:: :D:D

taai gihk yahn
01-15-2009, 12:30 PM
he's also doing what appears to be a pretty standard NLP / cognitive behavioral patterning schtick...

Paul T England
01-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Form what I remember the Combat article did not reveal his wing chun lineage....he has had some geniune training and he is certainly a physical guy.

Met him briefly a few years back and he is certainly a crazy guy.

Buddha_Fist
01-15-2009, 01:56 PM
A Sofos buddy?

:D

Mr Punch
01-15-2009, 07:34 PM
You all have been fooled, all you so called knowledgeable Wing chun people Should be ashamed !:o

This guys a joker :D ... One his not doing wing chun / ving tsun . Nothing he does is simultaneous 1 then 2 beat strikes . He impresses you cause he hits hard, doesn't beat about the bush, that's how his managed to fool you :rolleyes:

Two nothing is reflective of the ( three boxing forms applications) .Three his doing a poor mans impression of Bruce lee in Longstreet :D I had to speak out as its getting out of hand now ....:eek:: :D:DLOL, another clown to join in! Four people had posted on the thread, one said they thought he seemed quite good (and he's widely regarded as clueless): hardly ' all you so called knowledgeable Wing chun people Should be ashamed !'

But hey, thanks for joining the forum, just when I thought the common denominator round here couldn't get lower.

Jansingsang
01-15-2009, 11:56 PM

Two nothing is reflective of the ( three boxing forms applications) .Three his doing a poor mans impression of Bruce lee in Longstreet :D I had to speak out as its getting out of hand now ....:eek:: :D:D

LOL, another clown to join in! Four people had posted on the thread, one said they thought he seemed quite good (and he's widely regarded as clueless): hardly ' all you so called knowledgeable Wing chun people Should be ashamed !'

But hey, thanks for joining the forum, just when I thought the common denominator round here couldn't get lower.

As the legendary Reggae Singer Bob Marley said

"Who the cap fit, let them wear it" :D:D

Hardwork108
01-16-2009, 12:37 PM
one said they thought he seemed quite good (and he's widely regarded as clueless):

If that remark was referring to me then please go back and see my previous posts. I said that "he seems to be good on video". I also described his dvd as "interesting". Furthermore, I described his approach as "external".

Anyone who has interacted with me here would know that my approach to Wing Chun training is internal. I have even had some intense discussions on the subject in which, if I recall correctly, you Mr Punch have participated.

edseas2
01-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Karate wing chun?

Ed Seas

Hardwork108
01-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Karate wing chun?

Ed Seas

Nothing would surprise me nowadays!:mad:

Kansuke
01-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Nothing would surprise me nowadays