PDA

View Full Version : Eric Ishii

Lost_Disciple
12-10-2000, 08:52 AM
Just read on the seven star praying mantis mailing list that something happened to Mr (sifu) Ishii. This really upsetting, doesn't he post here as well?
Does anybody have any information about what happened?

I read many of his posts and will really miss his insight. He seemed like a genuinely great guy. I kind of hope there's a mistake with the info.

Does anybody have any news?
Eric
Lost_Disciple

BeiTangLang
12-10-2000, 05:14 PM
Sibak Eric Ishii passed away Sunday, Dec 10 at 2:17 AM. He will be sorely missed as he was a great practitioner, theorist & historian of the Praying Mantis system.
Many heads will be lowered in sadness at our loss, many glasses raised to toast a life well spent.
With my respects,
Roy Baker

"In another time, we shall meet. But not today."

mantis108
12-10-2000, 08:45 PM
It can't be.... No, Please would anyone have information on this please verify and email me at sifu1@internorth.com? I know Eric was receiving treatment and was having positive respond to the treatment. He has been very positive ... I can't believe this... Sorry, he is such a wonderful soul, a great friend and fine martial artist. It would be a tremendous lost... Please if anyone can verify this?

With prayers and thoughts

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa

NorthernMantis
12-11-2000, 12:02 AM
What? what happened to sifu Ishii?Can anyone explin?

"Always be ready"

Paul Skrypichayko
12-11-2000, 01:27 AM
Geez, I didn't know anything was wrong with him. I hope all of his friends, family, and students make it through this tough time.

bamboo_ leaf
12-11-2000, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the kind words for Eric; I know he will be missed by the many he touched with his knowledge and insights and also by those his life touched with his kindness and humor.

David

enjoy life

bamboo leaf

cha kuen
12-11-2000, 12:12 PM
Since this is the 2nd time I heard about this, it must be true. I wish his family the best.

God Bless

8 Sweaty Palms
12-11-2000, 04:41 PM
AKF crew

Sorry to hear about Eric. I know how highly everybody thought of him. I never met him, but I'll be sure and keep doing chop choi with the touches he taught you guys.

Dylan

LawClansman
12-12-2000, 08:16 AM
In is with great sadness that I confirm the passing of Eric Ishii. He posted on this fourm under the name ericsepishii. Even through his long battle with leukemia, he contributed to the fourms with great enthusiam. He will be greatly missed.

Sifu Carl

HKMantis
12-12-2000, 08:26 AM
Any one wishing to send letters of condolences or share their experience with Si-Bak Eric Ishi may do so with his family at eric@prodigy.net

Steve Diaz

HKMantis
12-12-2000, 11:07 PM
I must apoligize for the misinformation I misunderstood my sifu when he gave me the E-mail address over the phone here is the correct one ericsep@prodigy.net

S. Diaz

mantis108
12-13-2000, 12:05 AM
Eric's death is a great lost to the Mantis community, yet again in a way he brought more of us together. I must thank those who have emailed info. You have been very helpful, thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

I am also able to contact Eric's parent. His mother appreicates his friends from the martial arts community and finds it comforting to know Eric is being remembered and appreciated by many.

In rememberance of a wonderful soul, a great friend, and a fine martial artist.

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa

mikeW
12-13-2000, 01:00 AM
The Lord bless you and keep you;the lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace...
To Eric's family and friends; Our prayers are with you.

Sifu Mike Whetstone

J
12-21-2000, 09:56 AM
I read this with great sadness. I only met Eric briefly a few years ago. We spoke many time through e-mail and exchanged information. I happened to take a trip to SF and we met in person. Eric and I discussed mantis theory and demoed for each other in a public park. As many know, his mantis skills were strong and his knowledge of mantis history was deep. Although we only had a short encounter, I am very sad to hear of his passing. I send my condolences to his family and friends. He took a picture of me in the park for his records, but it should have been me taking a picture. I am very sad to hear this news. May Eric rest in peace.