PDA

View Full Version : Joe Louis' Jab reminds me of chap choi...

diego
01-16-2009, 07:34 PM
the german guy has his right ****ed the whole fight, joe doesn't even care about his power hand his whole thing is on the lean foot and snake hand just jab jab jab like how the Lacey bro's do in the BS CLF clips :)http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=R78hdxpRfws

lol @ 4 minutes they advertise for freaking Hitler...http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lihT_ewxVko&feature=related

David Jamieson
01-18-2009, 08:18 AM
joe louis never did cma.
he was an american boxer.

diego
01-18-2009, 06:46 PM
joe louis never did cma.
he was an american boxer.

i like ice cream and naked ladies at the vancouver beach;)

tactics bruh

David Jamieson
01-19-2009, 05:37 AM
you kidding me?
the ice cream ok, but wreck beach is fatties and hippies.
Not one classical beauty among them. lol

ya gotta go to sweden for good nude beaches. :-p

diego
01-19-2009, 04:32 PM
you kidding me?
the ice cream ok, but wreck beach is fatties and hippies.
Not one classical beauty among them. lol

ya gotta go to sweden for good nude beaches. :-p

go in the Spring when the students are still on campus...met a nice swedish girl there last year...I see your point though:D

htowndragon
01-19-2009, 06:04 PM
according to an article in martial hero magazine, joe louis wouldnt fight kuo lien ying when he was in taiwan...

AdrianK
01-19-2009, 06:36 PM
according to an article in martial hero magazine, joe louis wouldnt fight kuo lien ying when he was in taiwan...

Whats your point?

diego
01-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Htown do you have the english and chinese title for the sword movie Ng Yim Ming was in, have you seen it, I'm curious what his scenes are like?.

htowndragon
01-19-2009, 11:11 PM
no point, random joe louis story.

diego- no i havent, ill ask my sifu

LSWCTN1
01-20-2009, 05:47 AM

can you tell us more? sounds interesting...

sanjuro_ronin
01-20-2009, 06:52 AM

How much did they offer Louis ?

htowndragon
01-20-2009, 02:48 PM
as the article states, joe was on tour in taiwan and kuo wanted to fight him so he issued a challenge because apparently joe was running his mouth, he wanted a no holds barred fight, no rules apparently, and joe wouldnt accept. no clue what the other side of the story was.

sanjuro_ronin
01-20-2009, 02:51 PM
as the article states, joe was on tour in taiwan and kuo wanted to fight him so he issued a challenge because apparently joe was running his mouth, he wanted a no holds barred fight, no rules apparently, and joe wouldnt accept. no clue what the other side of the story was.

How much did they offer him?

diego
01-20-2009, 02:55 PM
no point, random joe louis story.

diego- no i havent, ill ask my sifu

I look forward to your reply

htowndragon
01-20-2009, 03:05 PM
How much did they offer him?

i know what point youre getting at, but hell if i know. no mention of it.

AdrianK
01-20-2009, 03:44 PM
he issued a challenge because apparently joe was running his mouth*Anyone*who*knows*anything*about*joe*louis*kn ows*how*ridiculous*this*claim*sounds.*The*man*was* the*polar*opposite*of*the*ali*or*mayweather.*Check *out*old*videos*of*him.*He*was*extremely*quiet*and *soft*spoken.

htowndragon
01-20-2009, 04:58 PM
i said APPARENTLY. i was not there. i only read in an article, it was a while ago i may ahve misread. all i know is kuo supposedly challenged joe louis because of what somebody said about /joe louis boxing versus CMA.

David Jamieson
01-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Adrian, why do you have so many asterisks in your post?
how much were you paid by the number 8 and his shifty pal?

diego
01-20-2009, 05:59 PM
lo,l first Obama in the white house now Joe Louis. this is the second time today online Ive referenced "Coming to America" joe louis he the greatest...what about rocky marciano...joe louis, lol http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=OFKM8AzLAKQ

sanjuro_ronin
01-21-2009, 06:43 AM
i know what point youre getting at, but hell if i know. no mention of it.

Which probably means it never happened.
Pro fighters get paid to fight and if you wanna fight one, then put up the cash.
It was probably one of those many stories we here, that's all.

Shaolindynasty
01-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Helio Gracie also challenged louis and it never happened. Louis is a prizefighter not a pridefighter. You have to pay to play

Anyway. the old time jab is similar in structure(although not exact) to the chop choi. It's also similar to the straight lead used in JKD more so than the jab in boxing. A good book on the subject is "the jkd straight lead" by Terri Tom.

diego
01-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Helio Gracie also challenged louis and it never happened. Louis is a prizefighter not a pridefighter. You have to pay to play

Anyway. the old time jab is similar in structure(although not exact) to the chop choi. It's also similar to the straight lead used in JKD more so than the jab in boxing. A good book on the subject is "the jkd straight lead" by Terri Tom.

Thanks for the link and info:cool:

AdrianK
01-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Adrian, why do you have so many asterisks in your post?
how much were you paid by the number 8 and his shifty pal?

Keyboard error, was typing with character map and it changed the spaces to asteriks. Its fixed now :)