PDA

View Full Version : In need of Ching Jong (CLF dummy).

Violent Designs
01-22-2009, 05:10 AM
I found this one but I would prefer a more "traditional" (I guess you can say that way) type as in my Sifu's school, it has a square base and the dummy itself is mounted on a square block as opposed to a cylinder . . .

This is the one I see: http://www.woodendummy.net/shop/kung-fu-wooden-dummy/freestand-clf.html

They also have another one (no pictures) but it must be mounted to a steel stand or something like that.

I will have a pretty **** big living room to put this thing in, but I don't have space to put a giant vertical stand (I've got 3 other roomates).

Does anyone know company that makes solid CLF dummys? I would love to get one asap for training/conditioning purposes.

Thanks

David Jamieson
01-22-2009, 06:01 AM
probably a lot lot cheaper to make your own.

Violent Designs
01-22-2009, 06:10 AM
I'm not a craftsman unfortunately. :(

I am checking on craigslist however maybe I can find a carpenter. Hmmm . . .

Shaolindynasty
01-22-2009, 08:00 AM
They have a freestanding version on that site

David Jamieson
01-22-2009, 09:34 AM
in this economy, you could get plans and hire a carpenter and pay for the materials for less than you could buy one retail.

SteveLau
01-28-2009, 01:01 AM
The jong shown in the picture by Violent Designs is a good one. I would like to have such jong too if my place is large enough to accommodate it. A empty space of 7 square meters will do. Depends on where you reside, there is probably some furnitures already in the room, and you cannot compromise by moving them to somewhere else. Sure the one with wheel on the leg is better. It gives you a more realistic feel.

Regards,

KC
Hong Kong

kukulcan
03-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Here you go...I have made three ching jongs so far, and have made a facebook album with instructions public for all us CLF practitioners! Check out the link below...