PDA

View Full Version : 8 step in SF and the rumors..

Arod1972
12-14-2000, 09:14 PM
Ok,
Now its been a while since I have heard anything from this branch. Does anyone have any news on the School? I call leave messages but It seems everyone has dissappeared and its starting to smell funny. like it was some insurance deal. It's kind of funny because all this has happened after James Sun left this school. And then there is rumors that James Sun is a fake with empty words. This is comming from other Sifus (who i will not mention) of the KF community saying that many times he said he would to come down to tournaments and then never show up. Therefore never really exposing himself to the kung fu community. Is this true? Whats the deal? this all has left me wondering...
I am not tring to stur **** up but, am just tring to get answers..

And they still owe me a month of training too. :confused:

I do not wish to fight.

8stepsifu
12-15-2000, 11:30 AM
Thank you for your deep heart felt concern. But I don't think there is any news considering that the place burned down and rent in SF is out of this world. Maybe someone is starting a school at a local YMCA. I don't know.

Insureance scam? Is that why we lost 20,000 bucks in uninsured uniforms, T-Shirts, as well as all the school supplies?...It must have been one big not-so profitable insurance scam. I wonder how it helps anybody to have all our uniforms burned up and have to have new ones made? How about sashes, cirtificates and records? Not to mention student loss. This is borderline moronic. Nope, just jumped accross. This is definately moronic.

Other KF guys in the "KF Community don't like him...and he said,,,that she said, that he's not nice and no good.

Let me ask you this......Does the President give a n ATTS Rass about what Rush Limbaugh says? Nope. Neither does Master Sun care about 90% of the self promoting MA out there. He also doesn't sugar coat what he says hoping to get invited to tournaments and other "Prestigeous events"

I don't know who sent you or who poisoned your tongue, but tell the pack of losers from wherever you came from that they should spend their time practicing kung fu rather than slandering their betters.

I don't know how good these unnamed Sifu's are, but I know that when the members of the American chinese Martial Arts Federation get together, we sure as hell don't waste our time talking about some other Sifu, and have the class not to hide behind a username and talk and get all our students typing up illogical jiberish about somebody that their Sifu doens't get along with.

People have slandered Chan Poi and anyone else who's system is enjoying success, but you'll never see me included in this nonsense (Except with Ashida Kim) Because that not the way I was brought up and it contradicts the ideals of what it means to be a "Martial Artist"

8Step Sifu

xygie
12-17-2000, 06:52 AM
Buy any swamp land in Florida lately, 8stepsifu?...How bout Nebraska? :eek:

8stepsifu
12-17-2000, 07:23 AM
Don't make up a new username if you want to say something and appear as though lots of people agree with you. 5 "New Users" backing up a post usually equal 1 loser with 5 accounts.

8Step Sifu

xygie
12-17-2000, 03:37 PM
That's what you'd like people to believe?

Brooklyn bridge, 8stepsifu ? :)

6hmantis
12-18-2000, 01:20 AM
How come every time theres controversy in Kung Fu, Moonsun is involed somehow? $20,000 Who are trying to bs? Is that moonsun cost or your cost?? I know the Sifu uniform is what??? $1500, what kind of **** is this Student uniform wholesale where about $18. for the top and bottom. Moonsun was selling them to his Sifus for $55. and telling them to sell them for $60. You cult people are a joke to the Martial arts World. Been getting any money for your mantis mountian. Try taking some more people to court. Love Ya :cool:

8stepsifu
12-18-2000, 03:54 AM
Were also responsible for the Roswell coverup and the Kenedy assasination. It was our Astral Spies, which are you and I my friend ;)

I personally kill spotted owls in my free time...Check out my business web site at <A HREF="http://www.whiteslavery.com" TARGET="_blank">www.whiteslavery.com</A> I'm makin a bundle! And I'm having so much fun teaching fake kung fu. I'm really raking in the dough.
Oh, get this...I buy all those Sudanese slaves just like the Southern Baptists, only I don't free them...there doing my house work right now!.........Obladah just washed the dishes. He can also program a VCR. Isn't that great? My slaves and I got ahold of all the styrofoam we could and had a great big bon fire. We roasted bags upon bags or marshmallows and made smores. I just found 60 gallons of lead paint in my garage....my slaves just got done burrying it in the neighbor's yard. I voted for Bush.....I kill harmless animals and eat sentient beings alive! I give poor kids bad hair cuts and take from the collection plate..

Happy?

If your not bleeding, your not having enough fun.

6hmantis
12-18-2000, 04:36 AM
Hey boy, Do you have somthing wrong with you? TOO much of mama tit humm? Why dont you bunch of cry babies put your money where you mouth is, Get off moonysuns pee pee first. SHow me what you got!!! Like i told you before you guys are such badasses that you dont fear anyone. So, I am giving a formal challange to your New York Rep. Now we have done this before and all you do is bann me from the site. So lets cut through the bull and dance. Mike Cinamino knows who I am so call his candyass up and will get this over with. Two guys from my school and two from Cinaminos. Now if im talking to fast for you boy let me know, the four extra people are so there wont be any lies about how the fight ends up. OK??? :cool: Love Ya

handsome
12-18-2000, 06:06 AM
Hi Guys,
Who's this James Sun? I think BFD has a right to question about his school. He paid and no lessons for him. " smells funny " and where's the missing " SIFU " ???

xygie
12-18-2000, 08:16 PM
How about James Sun's sifu branch pyramid scam...where, if a sifu gets 5 new sifu's to open schools, that sifu will get a cut of James Sun's federation dues that each school is required to pay. :eek:

handsome
12-19-2000, 03:17 AM
Some interesting stuffs--lots of food for though--
???--it always seems to come from the same people.
On another tack: my hung gar friend mentioned to me about this American Chinese Martial Arts Federation has nothing to do with any other kung fu schools besides James Sun and his own students,
Please correct me if i am wrong!!! When my friend first heard of this A.C.M.A.F. It sounds like they're representing many different style kung fu schools to him. I'm also wondering myself!!! BFD,Do you know anything about this???

Arod1972
12-20-2000, 02:39 AM
8stepsifu,
I sense a lot of hostility from you and I wasn't looking for that. Like I said I am looking for answers and reaching out to see if anyone is out there with info on my old school. I am not saying any of these rumors are true either. So cool it.
You say there was 20,000 $ of equipment and uniforms in the place? Ha! You've got to be lying flat out! Well let me ask you, have you even been there?...now tell the truth. I was a student there for 2 years and our supplies were not that abundant. Once I asked for a new pair of sweats in a size meduim and the did not have them, they were running low on supplies and they once posponed a students promotion because they did not have the the sash. And the equipment was not new either. So I dont think you know what you are talking about when you say that. So plaese..

I am not creating this xygie character either, this is a legit post.

6hmantis- what is moonsun? And it is true uniforms for students are 65 bucks, but thats not bad..so I dont understand your post. It must be a personal thing :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Handsome- Thats exactly what i am getting at. Thanks :)
"???--it always seems to come from the same people." - What do you mean?
"American Chinese Martial Arts Federation has nothing to do with any other kung fu schools besides James Sun and his own students", You know I dont know much about that but you might be right...hmmm I'll have too look into thAt. :eek:

xygie- never heard that pyramid things before.. :confused:

Well looks like i am not going to get the answers I want so thanks for you input everyone....
And just to make this clear, I do think 8 Step Praying Mantis is a good and effective system if used properly and i mean no dissrespect, just want what to get what I paid for.

I do not wish to fight.

xygie
12-20-2000, 05:35 AM
James Sun's fraudulent claim's, unethical business practises, unreasonable high cost, inconsistent and constantly changing forms and instructional material, harrassing letter's, phone call's and copyright infringement law suits to those sifu's who want to leave and run independent school's...ALL HAVE A TENDENCY TO **** PEOPLE OFF!!!

If you want to learn 8 step, I wouldn't recommend James Sun. :mad:

Arod1972
12-20-2000, 05:56 AM
Sorry for you that you are so angry, but I guess I can understand. one thing though where I was at in SF the general public the prices werent that bad.
Are you talking about the sifu program prices?

I do not wish to fight.

handsome
12-20-2000, 08:17 AM
Sorry Guys--I don't care much about 7star, 8Steps or other Northern Tong Long. But I'd perfer Chu Gar Tong Long to others. Chu Gar is a very powerful southern kung fu style. Its very closed to Wing Chun, Bak Mei, Drogan style. My teacher mentioned that these four styles are real gem among many kung fu. Just my half cent!!!

nhbfighter_57069
01-04-2001, 08:22 AM
Handsome- I am glad that you prefer you style, differnt people have differnt opinions. As long as you are learning what you want, more power to you.
I have to agree that $65.00 is not alot to pay for uniforms. I also have bought a jiu-jitsu gi and those run $100.00 for a nice one. My sifu student uniform was $65.00 and is very sturdy.
I have never gotten too involved in "my dad can beat up your dad" stuff before. If you don't care for a style, don't take it. But why bad mouth it, we should all strive to promote ALL martial arts, not just our own. All this in fighting does not help at all. In the words of Rodney King (sorry if I mispelled his name), "Can't we all just get along."

I will post my reply to 6hmatis in another post.

xygie
01-05-2001, 06:24 AM
If you owned a school, you'd realise that you can buy a beautiful traditional kung fu uniform with folding white cuffs and real frog buttons WHOLE-SALE for under $20. Sun charges his sifu's, who opened schools under him, $48 for white SHORT-SLEAVED "pajama's". They turn pink the first time you wash them...A good color for you guys!

Now, let's examine Sun,s "How To Be a Kung Fu Master in 2 Years" program. $4000 up front, $100 per level tested...There are 6 levels, $65 for a short sleave sifu trainee uniform, $1000 to take the sifu test, not including travel expences, $1365 for the sifu uniform.

If you pass, and everyone does you must open a school in order to be recognised as an 8 step sifu. If you open a school, you must pay $1200 in federation dues every year. Also you must buy all certificates, sashes, and uniforms from Sun.

After having paid federation dues for 1 year, your entitled to attend one sifu camp and review what you tested on. The 2nd year, if you paid all your federation dues, your entitled to learn one of the 8 stepping techniques, that any other 8 step school in the world already know's. Also you can learn one of the 12 character principles common knowledge to all Northern mantis schools.

After 20 YEARS, if you've paid all your federation dues each year, got all your certificates, sashes and uniform's for your students from Sun, you are entitled to start learning mantis ground fighting. Hopefully, you're not in your 40's or 50's when you first become a sifu...You'll be learning ground fighting in your 60's or 70's.

If you leave Sun's federation, you are no longer recognised as an 8 step sifu. If you say you teach 8 step he threatens to sue you for copyright infringement.

Costly? I'll say. The nature of death by quick-
sand is more merciful! :eek:

8stepsifu
01-05-2001, 08:12 AM
4,000 up front???
I didn't do that but when you consider time put in Sifu's get less than minimum wage.

Public uniforms are 48 dollars. They don't turn pink.

Go look online for custom made uniforms....I have. The one's like Chan Poi wears are upwards of 100 dollars. Plus the Sifu Trainee uniforms (the new ones) are very durrable.

Federation dues are 100 dollars a month to use the 8 Step name and Sifu Camps are free to all memebers of the American Chinese Martial Arts Federation. Durring my Sifu camp I did not review what I had already learned, but rather, learned counters for everything that I would be teaching my Sifu Students. I did learn a Character and a Stepping pattern, but at a depth that most people don't know. Sure every Northern Mantis style has "Grab" as a princible, but did you know that its an actual substyle or way of thinking about everything you know? Didn't think so. My kung fu ability rose 50 percent after my first Sifu Camp. And I look forward to the next.

Testing fees- I inlude testing fees with the tuition. My testings were 8 in the morning to 6 or 7 at night. Thats 10 hours, which comes to about 10 bucks an hour. Nothing unusual here. Most public schools have testing fees right along with uniforms and a belt system and bowing.

Old age groundfighting- Yep, but what are you missing? You don't even know what Low Mantis looks like. What makes you think your entitled to it? I'll be up in years when I learn it, so what? How can you demand something if you don't even know what it is? It is the super secret stuff and if you don't like it, simply learn Low Mantis from all of you 8 step masters running about? What? They don't know Low Mantis? But I thought they were the "REAL" one's and Master Sun was a fake.

BTW- Stop making fun of people's name's it really doesn't make you cool.....here let me try...

Xygie right? ok XXXguy- See its stupid, now please stop. I don't mind your rants, but for god's sake do it without the 4th grade humour. Aluminum boy? Come on! were you raised in the woods and have no idea whats cool or funny

xygie
01-05-2001, 11:27 PM
"MAN WITH LONG TONGUE HAVE EMPTY HEAD."

For your information, low mantis and ground fighting are not unique to 8 step. Also, Sun is not the only teacher of 8 Step.

Here is an example of low mantis...

8stepsifu: Steps foward with right, and throws right punch.

Me: Slip punch over right shoulder while stepping behind with left foot to crossing leg, hooking 8stepsifu's right ankle.

8stepsifu: Gets confused look on his face.

Me: Right hand contacts floor. Flip kick!...Right foot clears 8stepsifu's right arm, inside to outside... Left outside to inside kick to 8stepsifu's face.

8stepsifu: Blocks my flip kick with his face and falls down on the ground unconcious. 8stepsifu is now exhibiting "low mantis".

:)

8stepsifu
01-06-2001, 12:53 AM
and you have chosen to sink to a pathetic new low.....
But for god's sake....a flipkick?? Couldn't you dream up something better than that? Oh well, if you cyberfight me again, use better techniques than that.

With a preference for a flipkick, it's a good thing that your cowering from NHBfighter's challenge because you obviously don't have much fighting experience. I kind of feel sorry for you so heres a hint. Your super technique can be countered with a shove and a stomp to the head. Your new masters must hate your guts to teach you somthing like that.

xygie
01-06-2001, 02:26 AM
I will deal with nhb as the need arises. Someday, when you are practicing YOU'RE "low mantis" technique while going down on Sun, think about what I just said and the philosophical martial idealism behind it. It's obvious that nhb is a student and not a sifu. What does "nhb" stand for again...Need human brain? Did they find a way to cone a Cro-Magnon? :)

handsome
02-14-2001, 07:53 AM
A good Kung Fu sifu is hard to find and money is no object for me. If the sifu is good , pay him.
If a bad sifu like James Sun, you should drop him like a hot potato. LOL!!!!!!!!! ;)

Arod1972
02-16-2001, 05:54 PM
This is really very imature. This topic needs to be closed for good.

I do not wish to fight.