PDA

View Full Version : Eagle claw kung fu : Branch differences

SharkyT
01-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Hi Guys,
What are the difference in the 3 branches of Eagle Claw ( GrandmastersLeung Shum, Lily Lau, and Leung Fu). Not to cause a revolution. looking between Grandmaster Shum's and Grandmaster Fu' s school. Both appear very good. But I come across our internet articles of Bak Shaolin Eagle Claw( Leung FU) cosistent full contact fighters and winners. Wondering is there differences in the among the styles themselves, or just more preparation in sparring and full contact in others, etc. Anyone with eagle claw kung fu experience stories are greatly appreciated also. Thanks

Water Dragon
01-23-2009, 09:17 PM
There are two main systems. Eagle Claw is what you generally see. This has more of a modern influence than the traditional Eagow Craw, which is one of the more lethal Kung Fu systems out there.

Mas Judt
01-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Shows what you know. Its Eagrr craawww.

xcakid
01-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi Guys,
What are the difference in the 3 branches of Eagle Claw ( GrandmastersLeung Shum, Lily Lau, and Leung Fu). Not to cause a revolution. looking between Grandmaster Shum's and Grandmaster Fu' s school. Both appear very good. But I come across our internet articles of Bak Shaolin Eagle Claw( Leung FU) cosistent full contact fighters and winners. Wondering is there differences in the among the styles themselves, or just more preparation in sparring and full contact in others, etc. Anyone with eagle claw kung fu experience stories are greatly appreciated also. Thanks

Disclaimers:
1) Its been 12yrs since I've been in Ying Jow Pai and was only studying for a hair over 2yrs.
2) My memory is not so good anymore so I could be talking out of my a$$

As I recally GM Leung Shum and GM Lau is pretty much the same. The Chin- Na and forms are similar. Subtle differences between the 2. Notable the bow.

Leung fu, I have no clue.

If I recall correctly also the fork in the lineage did not happen till like late 1800's early 1900's between the GM Lilly Lau's father and GM Lueng Shums lineage.

contact shaolinleub on this board. I believe he is pretty current on Eagle lineage and training.

ngokfei
01-27-2009, 08:48 AM
a fork meaning split?

don't see it.

Ng Wai Nung was active in the Lau Family even after Lau Fat Man's death.

Even to the point that NWN taught members of the Lau Family.

While there exist trivial differences in execution of material, they are the same system/style.

When I first met Master Gini Lau she askd that I address her as Si Sook giving respect to my Sifu being older then her in age.