PDA

View Full Version : video: Throw on concrete

MasterKiller
01-25-2009, 06:20 PM
http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1231984160/Awesome_Head_Drop_Body_Slam_Ends_Fight_Very_Quickl y

Kansuke
01-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Vid isn't playing for me.

Reverend Tap
01-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Eesh. A head-first slam to cement and two kicks the the back of the skull...wouldn't have expected him to get back up anywhere near that quickly.

Oso
01-26-2009, 05:13 AM
how about a NSFW due to advertising on the page?

whiteowl
01-26-2009, 08:47 AM
yikes !!! this guy was litterly slammed right into the ground, the thrower tossed him with no control, amazing to see anyone get up from this.

Mr Punch
01-26-2009, 09:10 AM
how about a NSFW due to advertising on the page?MK doesn't ever use them, which makes MK a bit of a d!ck in that respect.

The tossed bloke was lucky, and the tosser nearly broke his foot on that second kick.

Water Dragon
01-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Getting chucked on concrete sucks. One day, about 8 years ago, my Senior and I decided to practice some throws on concrete. We figured we both knew how to fall, we'd be fine as long as we thre softly.

That lasted for exactly 4 throws, and the fourth was a result of a, "Naw muther f@cker. You threw me twice, I get to throw you twice" conversation that went on for about ten minutes.

Mr Punch
01-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Getting chucked on concrete caused me to lose the ability to walk for four days or so, and a recurring herniated disc problem in my lower back which has only got better through hitting the weights. :eek:

I won though! You shoulda seen the other guy! :D

Oso
01-26-2009, 07:55 PM
That lasted for exactly 4 throws, and the fourth was a result of a, "Naw muther f@cker. You threw me twice, I get to throw you twice" conversation that went on for about ten minutes.

LMAO, classic!

golden arhat
01-27-2009, 03:53 AM
see

grappling IS valuable :D

Oso
01-27-2009, 05:12 AM
see

grappling IS valuable :D

that's not grapplin'. it was a classic CMA throw executed very, very well. all CMA throws are designed to throw the opponent on their head or spine, immediately ending the fight; which is why the old masters never bothered with grappling...it is not needed if you learn to throw as well as that guy obviously has.

Oso
01-27-2009, 06:05 AM
how's that worm taste?

;)

Kansuke
01-28-2009, 03:22 AM
that's not grapplin'. it was a classic CMA throw executed very, very well. all CMA throws are designed to throw the opponent on their head or spine, immediately ending the fight; which is why the old masters never bothered with grappling...it is not needed if you learn to throw as well as that guy obviously has.

Ah, the many-layered joke! :D

taai gihk yahn
01-28-2009, 06:15 AM
demonstrates one fact: if someone who knows how to throw well gets their center of mass underneath yours and if you have no idea about the concept of the sprawl (meaning basically how to laterally translate your own COM while maintaining good structure), you are screwed;

Oso
01-28-2009, 07:18 AM
awww, GA, you didn't have to remove your post...

golden arhat
01-28-2009, 10:50 AM
i kinda did, the worm tastes sour

thankyou :(:p:D

YouKnowWho
01-28-2009, 11:32 AM
that's not grappling'. it was a classic CMA throw.
What's the difference between the word "grappling" and "throwing"? I thought both has the same meaning, "The throwing art". The throwing art contains face to face type of throws and back to face type of throws. May be the "grappling" is just the face to face type of throw, a subset of the "throwing art".

Oso
01-28-2009, 11:35 AM
well, i was mainly joking :D

MasterKiller
01-28-2009, 11:42 AM
What's the difference between the word "grappling" and "throwing"? I thought both has the same meaning, "The throwing art". The throwing art contains face to face type of throws and back to face type of throws. May be the "grappling" is just the face to face type of throw, a subset of the "throwing art".

Grappling is what happens when two fighters enter a clinch. A throw is what happens when one fighter off-balances the other while clinching. You can't throw someone without first grappling. You can sweep, but sweeps are not throws.

sanjuro_ronin
01-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Grappling is what happens when two fighters enter a clinch. A throw is what happens when one fighter off-balances the other while clinching. You can't throw someone without first grappling. You can sweep, but sweeps are not throws.

That is the question, one can grapple without throwing but can one throw without grappling?
Hmmm

Like the man that tap dances in sauerkraut, this question is filled with dangers...

David Jamieson
01-28-2009, 12:57 PM

grappling and throwing are two different things.

you can grapple without throwing (wrestle) and you can throw without grappling (a takedown via strike and trip).

they aren't the same thing but both components can be brought together for sure.

As to the video, these are just kids being stupid kids. Some kids get into fights because they lack elsewhere in their lives.

Most of it has to do with immaturity in pretty much all areas of their lives.

This is due to lack of experience and ignorance of compassion. :)

golden arhat
01-28-2009, 01:42 PM
grappling and throwing are two different things.

you can grapple without throwing (wrestle) and you can throw without grappling (a takedown via strike and trip).

they aren't the same thing but both components can be brought together for sure.

As to the video, these are just kids being stupid kids. Some kids get into fights because they lack elsewhere in their lives.

Most of it has to do with immaturity in pretty much all areas of their lives.

This is due to lack of experience and ignorance of compassion. :)

OR
because its fun

Oso
01-28-2009, 01:53 PM
and don't forget the chi ball knockdown...

David Jamieson
01-28-2009, 02:28 PM
OR
because its fun

it's fun when it is safe.

when you get dropped on your neck then kicked in the face, that ain't "fun".

sanjuro_ronin
01-28-2009, 02:31 PM

Unless you are paying for it and she looks like this:

David Jamieson
01-28-2009, 02:37 PM
she's not so bad.

I bet I could down her and brown her before she could throw me and blow me though. :p

golden arhat
01-28-2009, 02:47 PM

having an actual fight where you do really get hurt (i.e full contact) can be very fun especcially with your mates

but i doubt that guy knew he was gonna get dumped on his head....

YouKnowWho
01-28-2009, 10:23 PM
You can still have fun this way. http://johnswang.com/head_smash.wmv

David Jamieson
01-29-2009, 06:01 AM
having an actual fight where you do really get hurt (i.e full contact) can be very fun especcially with your mates

but i doubt that guy knew he was gonna get dumped on his head....

If you can't recycle your training partners, you will soon have no one to train with and you will become stale.

violence for the sake of it is not "fun" in my opinion.
consensual violence is like consensual sex I suppose. You take a risk when you enter into it.

Violence without consideration is lowbrow though, i guess that why it is made into a criminal offense in civilized countries. lol

sanjuro_ronin
01-29-2009, 06:43 AM
You can still have fun this way. http://johnswang.com/head_smash.wmv

I have one of those too !
One of the best investments I have ever made, mine is tapped up and reenforced so I can do strikes on it too.

Kansuke
01-29-2009, 08:02 PM
I have one of those too !
One of the best investments I have ever made, mine is tapped up and reenforced so I can do strikes on it too.

I didn't open the link but I assume it's that Russian mail order bride thing RD was all into?

Lucas
01-29-2009, 08:44 PM
I didn't open the link but I assume it's that Russian mail order bride thing RD was all into?

pretty much. throwing dummy.

David Jamieson
01-30-2009, 06:21 AM
I use a heavy bag for the same purpose.

mostly the drills are comprised of shouldering turning and dumping and increase the speed and control of doing it.

neither the heavy bag or the throwing dummy replicate another human very well, but the action of grabbing, lifting and throwing weight is what's going on, so it'll do without having to beat the crap outta someone for the sake of training. lol

sanjuro_ronin
01-30-2009, 06:32 AM
I use a heavy bag for the same purpose.

mostly the drills are comprised of shouldering turning and dumping and increase the speed and control of doing it.

neither the heavy bag or the throwing dummy replicate another human very well, but the action of grabbing, lifting and throwing weight is what's going on, so it'll do without having to beat the crap outta someone for the sake of training. lol

Its used ads a drill, most human are not "dead weight" and as such are "easier" to throw because you can feel where to throw them as they are unbalanced, the dummy gives you a serious workout because you can throw the dead weight over and over and over and on top of that, throw it the "dangerous" way.
You can do HIIT drills with it, and again, you can tape it up and wotk strikes too or even suspended it and work many different types of drills.

David Jamieson
01-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Its used ads a drill, most human are not "dead weight" and as such are "easier" to throw because you can feel where to throw them as they are unbalanced, the dummy gives you a serious workout because you can throw the dead weight over and over and over and on top of that, throw it the "dangerous" way.
You can do HIIT drills with it, and again, you can tape it up and wotk strikes too or even suspended it and work many different types of drills.

you can paste melons to it's chest area and cut a hole in the crotch too can't you? :p

double the value of that thing! rent it out to frat parties. those young guys get restless and want some variety!

brings a whole new meaning f&f. lol

sanjuro_ronin
01-30-2009, 06:52 AM
you can paste melons to it's chest area and cut a hole in the crotch too can't you? :p

double the value of that thing! rent it out to frat parties. those young guys get restless and want some variety!

brings a whole new meaning f&f. lol

Dude !!:eek:

David Jamieson
01-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Dude !!:eek:

what?

busted? lol :p

Kansuke
01-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Throwing dummies are a fine tool, but no substitute for working with real human beings.

sanjuro_ronin
01-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Throwing dummies are a fine tool, but no substitute for working with real human beings.

Dude, its a tool, like a barbell and a punching bag, it develops attributes that you can't develop on a HUMAN partner cause you would kill him !
LOL !

Kansuke
01-30-2009, 03:19 PM
If he dies, he dies.

Water Dragon
01-31-2009, 10:00 AM
I used to use a heavy bag for developing throws. I would set mine on a weight bench and pop off a hundred hip throws. What it's good for, is developing the ability to scoop and lift with the hip. When you think of how many throws use that scoop and lift though, you see the huge benefit you can get. You have O Goshi, Uki Goshi, Harai Goshi, Uchi Mata and to a lesser extent, Seio Nage.

A couple other tools we used were the rock pole (I used to use a barbell with about 2o pounds on one side only) This is good for O Soto and Sasae Tsuri Komi Ashi. For entry foot work, inner tube tires tied to a post work good. Rope Pulleys work well for developing explosiveness upon entry. The rope pulley is a rope about 20-3- feet long attached to a pulley (I hung mine from a tree branch) attached to about 30 pounds of weight.

Just felt like sharing.