PDA

View Full Version : Taiji mantis 12 verbal principles

Steeeve
12-28-2000, 05:54 PM
Howdy

In taiji mantis do you have the 12 verbal principles(ou ,lou tsai gwa ......)like in the 7 star style?

Thank you
Steeve

wisdom mind
12-28-2000, 10:30 PM
the wisdom mind must be open, i was thinking of posting the exact same question.

please taiji tang langers....hook us up with the knowledge please!

nappy new year

burn dem

ShaolinMantis
12-28-2000, 11:38 PM
Ok I'll jump in:

I began my Mantis study under a Sifu who taught both 7* & Taiji Mantis. We started with 7*, my current Sifu also teaches both. I have never heard, do this pincipal when doing 7* and this one(s) when doing Taiji M.

I maybe incorrect but,I believe the foundation set of most Northern Mantis styles is Bumbu, Bum Bo, Bum bu. However it is spelled- whatever. This set contains all the princials and foundations of the style. Although the set is done a little differently from style to style the principals are the same, the interpretation of , the order of the moves may differ.

As in all Taiji Quan sets certain principals MUST be there in order for it to be TaiJi. No matter , Wu, Yang, Sun, Chen, Wang, whatever.

I will now give the floor to my Sihings to correct my statement if I am in error...

ShaolinMantis-I

cha kuen
12-29-2000, 06:50 AM
The 12 key works are in praying mantis and do not belong to a certain style of mantis such as 7 star. Anystyle of mantis has the 12 key works.

Yes, it's the same.