PDA

View Full Version : OK, this is why you should wash your gear regularly.

MasterKiller
02-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Soaked my shin guards in Woolite and warm water for 10 minutes.

WinterPalm
02-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Holy crap! I've never seen that before!

That must have been an amazing smell.

You should just stock them and sell them to McDojos as air fresheners so they too can have that authentic gym smell.

Oso
02-05-2009, 08:37 PM
it's all fun and games till the mrsa starts eating holes in your body...

DUDE! clean you shiat more often than that!

Exadon
02-05-2009, 09:32 PM
2 words
gr - oss

EarthDragon
02-05-2009, 09:38 PM
just antother reason not to wear pads! JK master killer.... JK

but seriously I felt bad about making fun of you guys wearing pads especially when they say COMBAT on them....LOL But I did feel bad so I made a couple calls to some TKD buddies as they always wear all kinds of padding and they said there are waterproof neoprene socks in hunting stores you could wear when sparring... if their water proof they will keep the sweat out of the gaurds as well......... that way you could just wash the neo socks a hundred times and would keep the shin gaurds from wearing out so fast as I am not sure washing them often will be good for them and with water that black looks very unhealthy and nasty.

antother one said he cut 2 long pieces of retangular rubber and will lay them on his shins before he puuts his guards on... they stay like new he said and wear years longer without all the bactieria and smell... hope this helps

MasterKiller
02-05-2009, 09:44 PM
it's all fun and games till the mrsa starts eating holes in your body...

DUDE! clean you shiat more often than that!

I spray them down with disinfectant every night. I've just never washed them. I take MRSA seriously and have never had a case of staph, ringworm, or anything else in my gym. I even bleach my mats before and after every class.

But I will be washing them more regularly now. That is pretty nasty.

taai gihk yahn
02-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I even bleach my mats before and after every class..
thank God I took the time to re-read that more carefully, otherwise this post would have been very different!

MasterKiller
02-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Holy crap! I've never seen that before!

That must have been an amazing smell.

You should just stock them and sell them to McDojos as air fresheners so they too can have that authentic gym smell.

Well, to be fair, LKFMDC's gym smells way worse than mine.:D

Oso
02-06-2009, 05:03 AM
I spray them down with disinfectant every night. I've just never washed them. I take MRSA seriously and have never had a case of staph, ringworm, or anything else in my gym. I even bleach my mats before and after every class.

But I will be washing them more regularly now. That is pretty nasty.

i'm sure you do.

back when, we used to see who could go the longest w/o washing our uniforms...the person who could make their top stand up on it's own won...i won a lot...I wash my stuff every weekend now

WinterPalm
02-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Well, to be fair, LKFMDC's gym smells way worse than mine.:D

Smells like a gym!

There's a boxing gym I trained at in my city and it must have had 1000 pairs of old rotting gloves that just made the place rank.

I agree with washing the mats...I've been meaning to talk to the guys who run the gym because our mats are not cleaned enough!

Hardwork108
02-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Soaked my shin guards in Woolite and warm water for 10 minutes.

Yaakkkk....I just lost my appetite.:eek: