PDA

View Full Version : Chiu Chuk Kai students

Paul Skrypichayko
01-05-2001, 12:59 AM
Out of curiousity, does anybody know of anybody who trained under Chiu Chuk Kai in Shandong or other parts of northern China? Are they still alive, and do you know where they are?

Taijimantis
01-06-2001, 07:21 AM
It seems to me that in some of my research, I found that Sigung either trained with, or was a close friend of one of Sigung Chan Pui's instructors... I will go thru my stuff and try and find out who it was, but I would guess that he is no longer living.

shaolin mantis
01-13-2001, 08:15 AM
Chiu Chuk Cai did bring one disciple with him when he left Shangtung to Southern China. That
is the student that fought the 100 gang members with Chiu Chuk Cai in Mauca. He died around 1944 from tuberculosis.

mantis108
01-20-2001, 01:23 AM
Hi Paul,

According to the material, courtesy of late Sifu Eric Ishii, there are a few students of Sigung Chui in Shantung. They are:

Kueng Mat Ling (deceased) who followed Sigung moved to the south. He was the student who fought along side Sigung in the Macau incident.

Mo King Wing, Lau Chun Tin, Cheung Pei Ting, Sung Fat Fok, and Cheung Hak Man.

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa

Paul Skrypichayko
01-20-2001, 01:45 AM
Wow, thank you very much. Are these masters still teaching? They are in HK, I presume?

mantis108
01-20-2001, 05:13 AM
I think they are most likely still in Shantung if they are still alive. Their names are as far as I got. No further info. on them available to me at this point. Sorry, I am of not much help here.

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa