PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown and implications of his assault on kung fu society

SavvySavage
02-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Well...the title may not fit the post exactly but here goes.

I heard that Chris Brown might have received a gift from Rihanna(sp?), a gift that will last a lifetime. HERPES. If she gave him herpes than I do believe that it was okay for him to attack her. Herpes doesn't go away not that I know from personal experience.

Do you all think the media is making such a big deal because Chris Brown is a male attacking a woman and society is women/children obsessed? I think so.

Is it okay to hit women? I believe it is okay to hit a woman if she attacks first and with equal amount of force that she hit you with. This I would call self defense.

Heck, if CB had studied kung fu you know the media would've come down on kung fu as being bad.

Dale Dugas
02-11-2009, 01:20 PM
i hope you are kidding.

SavvySavage
02-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Why do you hope I'm kidding? Do you feel that it's okay for women to hit men but not the other way around?

Perhaps CB was defending himself. Please explain your comment

MasterKiller
02-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Getting herpes is not an excuse to attack someone, regardless of gender.

Aggressive behaviour is not an excuse to attack someone if you can control them through less violent means, regardless of gender.

Someone saying "let's fight under these rules with these witnesses at this location to settle this score" may be a reason to fight them, regardless of gender, if you are so inclined.

TenTigers
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
who are Chris Brown and Rhianon?

brothernumber9
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
so are you saying that Rihanna's alleged herpes attacked Chris Brown hard enough to render him unconscious and give him a fat black eye and gnarley knots on the noggin?, and he was thusly justified to attack her allegedly?
Self defense? from what? from an STD? And yes it is okay for women to hit men and men not to hit women. At least that's how it vastly plays out in society in general. in front of cops, judges, and "the guys". Is it fair? not really. I cannot imagine that Rihanna produced a real physical threat to Chris Brown or whoever beat her, should it not have been him. What is she, like a 115lbs maybe? If he attacked her, unless he's got a knife wound, he's a douche and deserves to get served by justice.

banditshaw
02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
who are Chris Brown and Rhianon?

Two young pop stars who are in a relationship.
Supposedly according to Bossip.com CB was in his lambroghini with Rihanna in the passenger seat. CB got a call from a young lady on his cell phone who has had relations with CB prior. She see's the chicks name on the phone goes apesh!t and starts to beat him while driving. He pulls over they get into it on the street and he roughs her up a bit.
This all happened after a pre grammy party. They were supposed to perform the rihanna song"bad girl" together on stage the following night. He went on the run for a few hours until he turned himself in.

What this has to do with Kung Fu? I don't know...but there you have it.

SavvySavage
02-11-2009, 02:04 PM
So if I gave you herpes...you would be fine with it?

I'll give you one better. If I gave your beloved honeychild beautiful only daughter herpes...and then had the balls to show up to family dinner...you wouldn't want to hurt me? Especially if you found out I knew before hand that I was infected.

Let's all stop being so BS politically correct and get into our deepest inner thoughts.

I know a guy who fights with his girlfriend all the time. She hits him constantly so one day he hit her back and put her in the hospital. He himself had been to the emergency room a few times due to her. After that incident he stopped hitting her back. The last time she swung a metal spatula at him and sliced his lip open. Blood, stiches, thousands of dollars in hospital bills later... he didn't hit her back. I know they have a dysfunctional relationship but enough is enough. Would you martial artists recommend he just stand there and let her beat him and not use any of his "self defense" skills?

Tentigers,

Chris Brown is a famous singer who was recently arrested for assaulting a woman. Allegedly there was herpes involved. Look them up on youtube.

banditshaw
02-11-2009, 02:08 PM
The herpes thing sounds like BS. That's no reason to smack down your girl.
I highly doubt that's the reason. The jealousy angle and self defence angle is more plausible.

SavvySavage
02-11-2009, 02:15 PM
The herpes could be BS. It's all a hypothetical situation which should get us to question our deepest morals

diego
02-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Getting herpes is not an excuse to attack someone.

what if you was married and she said she was a virgin and she wasn't...I think Jah would let **** slide. do it like OJ... write a novel!.

Taryn P.
02-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Would you martial artists recommend he just stand there and let her beat him and not use any of his "self defense" skills?
-----------------

I'd say that the first time a partner (of any gender) strikes you, you leave them and never come back. Any other response/reaction is idiotic. Period.

Lucas
02-11-2009, 04:12 PM
if some **** gave me herpes, i would plan an elaborately orchestrated event to get her into bed with some guy who had a DIFFERENT STD and have her contract it from him. then we would be just about SQUARE!

i wouldnt hit her, but i bet you i would probably beat the crap out of something at home. like my punching bag.

Oso
02-11-2009, 04:35 PM
hasn't there been instances where people have been charged with something when they knew they had an std and gave it to someone else? don't have time to look but i think i've seen something like that in the news.

right or wrong this is classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrOPCrpoPdE

and this is funnier but nsfw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhlQ2rtHNQ0&feature=related

Taryn P.
02-11-2009, 04:50 PM
This is why if you have half a brain cell, you use a condom every time.

Not that that's foolproof either, but the overwhelming majority of people who find themselves with an STD (not to mention the majority of "Oops pregnancies") admit that they went without. Cause and effect. <shrug>

Lucas
02-11-2009, 04:56 PM

Not that that's foolproof either, but the overwhelming majority of people who find themselves with an STD (not to mention the majority of "Oops pregnancies") admit that they went without. Cause and effect. <shrug>

word.

PLUS it never hurts to not be so promiscuous. learn about who your going to stick your **** in first. its a good idea. like maybe ask when they were tested last....of course, not everyone is that smart.

TenTigers
02-11-2009, 04:58 PM

>
yeth, bud it geth cauth om my ton

Lucas
02-11-2009, 05:00 PM
yeth, bud it geth cauth om my ton

rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ever see that movie: booty call?

Yum Cha
02-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Why do you hope I'm kidding? Do you feel that it's okay for women to hit men but not the other way around?

Its not OK for anybody to assault anybody. That being said, it is especially not OK for a bloke to hit a chick.

As for herpies, sounds like a smear campaign by a chick beater to me.

</respect>

golden arhat
02-12-2009, 02:19 AM
a vagina shouldnt excuse anyone from justice, if a woman hits me with the intent of hurting me or does something similar to me or my loved ones i'l hit her
same with a guy.

however herpes is not a justifiable reason to hit ANYONE.
its not like she intended to do it anyway, not that it should matter.

Oso
02-12-2009, 05:38 AM
i had a good friend once, a woman, and I honestly did not care for her husband but we all threw on the same dart team for a couple of years so I knew them both pretty well but she and I were closer. so, she was telling me one day that she had had a dream where her husband was cheating on her and she woke up and proceeded to start hitting him...I gave her a ration of **** for that crap. it's just dumb for a woman to start hitting a man because she is counting on him to NOT hit her back and that's some effed up thinking...just as bad as a man starting to hit on a woman because he KNOWS she can't fight back as well.

i haven't read the article so I ask:
did she not know she had herpes?
did he not know she had herpes?
as long as he knew up front before boinking her then it's on him
if he did not know before boinking her, and she did know...it's on her

and imo, that can be construed as a physical attack...not necessarily worth a beat down BUT

IF in most states the defender has a duty to retreat once the physical attack has stopped

THEN when does the attack from a PERMANENT physical affliction like herpes or aids end?

but, i'm of the opinion that not enough stupid crap that people do is answered with the appopriate action...people do messed up crap a lot counting on others to not smack their ass down.

sean_stonehart
02-12-2009, 05:39 AM
He's punk. Pure & simple.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

If she gave him a STD, it's what he gets for riding bareback without checking. She needs to get it cleared up. They have commercials during prime time about it.

Either way, he's a punk. Drippy **** or not now, he's a punk. There's nothing short of a woman pulling a gun on me to cause me to hit her. She pulls a gun... different story.

It's ok though... he'll do his time, they'll get back together, something else will happen & we'll have OJ part deux with him saying the glove don't fit all over...

bakxierboxer
02-12-2009, 06:09 AM
If she gave him a STD, it's what he gets for riding bareback without checking. She needs to get it cleared up. They have commercials during prime time about it.

Herpes Whatever-plex is viral... which means it can "clear up", but doesn't mean that it's "gone"!
Even the prime time ads for "treatments" will mention that simply because you can't see a chancre does NOT mean it's not still transmissible.
Currently, it's a lifetime "partnership", like it or not.

OTOH, so is AIDS... although the length of that particular partnership is supposed to be quite a bit shorter.... and some folks consider it to be the equivalent of a "death sentence".
So.... how to "respond" to that?

sean_stonehart
02-12-2009, 06:24 AM
Herpes Whatever-plex is viral... which means it can "clear up", but doesn't mean that it's "gone"!
Even the prime time ads for "treatments" will mention that simply because you can't see a chancre does NOT mean it's not still transmissible.
Currently, it's a lifetime "partnership", like it or not.

Ok... so literal. If she did pass along Herpes Complex-A, then he's got the permanent drips. It can't be cured, but it can be controlled & controlled well with Rx and a little personal due diligence. There's nothing about a "lifetime partnership" involved.

His bad for going skinny dippin without checking the water and not bringing a rain jacket.

Her bad for not mentioning the goodies were tainted & insisting on plastic wrapping.

IF any of that is true...

OTOH, so is AIDS... although the length of that particular partnership is supposed to be quite a bit shorter.... and some folks consider it to be the equivalent of a "death sentence".
So.... how to "respond" to that?

See above... bad on both of them IF it's true.

What is true though??? He's a punk for laying hands on her.

David Jamieson
02-12-2009, 06:31 AM
He's killed his career and elevated hers.

sanjuro_ronin
02-12-2009, 06:43 AM
herpes:
Transmission and prevention

Herpes is contracted through direct contact with an active lesion or body fluid of an infected person.[65] Herpes transmission occurs between discordant partners; a person with a history of infection (HSV seropositive) can pass the virus to an HSV seronegative person.[3] While herpes virus type 2 has been demonstrated to remain viable on toilet seats for 2 to 4 hours after contact and on dry gauze for up to 72 hours, as of the submission of those findings (1984) there were no documented cases of infection via an inanimate object (e.g. a towel, toilet seat, drinking vessels).[66] To infect a new individual, HSV travels through tiny breaks in the skin or mucous membranes in the mouth or genital areas. Even microscopic abrasions on mucous membranes are sufficient to allow viral entry.

HSV asymptomatic shedding occurs at some time in most individuals infected with herpes. It can occur more than a week before or after a symptomatic recurrence in 50% of cases.[67] Infected people that show no visible symptoms may still shed and transmit virus through their skin; asymptomatic shedding may represent the most common form of HSV-2 transmission.[67] Asymptomatic shedding is more frequent within the first 12 months of acquiring HSV. Concurrent infection with HIV increases the frequency and duration of asymptomatic shedding.[68] There are indications that some individuals may have much lower patterns of shedding, but evidence supporting this is not fully verified; no significant differences are seen in the frequency of asymptomatic shedding when comparing persons with 1 to 12 annual recurrences to those that have no recurrences.[67]

Antibodies that develop following an initial infection with a type of HSV prevents reinfection with the same virus type—a person with a history of orofacial infection caused by HSV-1 cannot contract herpes whitlow or a genital infection caused by HSV-1. In a monogamous couple, a seronegative female runs a greater than 30% per year risk of contracting an HSV infection from a seropositive male partner.[69] If an oral HSV-1 infection is contracted first, seroconversion will have occurred after 6 weeks to provide protective antibodies against a future genital HSV-1 infection.
Barrier protection, such as a condom, can reduce the risk of herpes transmission.

For genital herpes, condoms are highly effective in limiting transmission of herpes simplex infection.[70][71] The virus cannot pass through latex, but a condom's effectiveness is somewhat limited on a public health scale by their limited use in the community,[72] and on an individual scale because the condom may not completely cover blisters on the ***** of an infected male, or the base of the ***** or testicles not covered by the condom may come into contact with free virus in vaginal fluid of an infected female. In such cases, abstinence from sexual activity or washing of the genitals after sex is recommended. The use of condoms or dental dams also limits the transmission of herpes from the genitals of one partner to the mouth of the other (or vice versa) during oral sex. When one partner has a herpes simplex infection and the other does not, the use of antiviral medication, such as valaciclovir, in conjunction with a condom, further decreases the chances of transmission to the uninfected partner.[3] Topical microbicides which contain chemicals that directly inactivate the virus and block viral entry are currently being investigated.[3] Vaccines for HSV are currently undergoing trials. Once developed, they may be used to help with prevention or minimize initial infections as well as treatment for existing infections.[73]

As with almost all sexually transmitted infections, women are more susceptible to acquiring genital HSV-2 than men.[74] On an annual basis, without the use of antivirals or condoms, the transmission risk of HSV-2 from infected male to female is approximately 8-10%.[75][69] This is believed to be due to the increased exposure of mucosal tissue to potential infection sites. Transmission risk from infected female to male is approximately 4-5% annually.[75] Suppressive antiviral therapy reduces these risks by 50%.[76] Antivirals also help prevent the development of symptomatic HSV in infection scenarios—meaning the infected partner will be seropositive but symptom free—by about 50%. Condom use also reduces the transmission risk by 50%.[70][71][77] Condom use is much more effective at preventing male to female transmission than vice-versa.[70] The effects of combining antiviral and condom use is roughly additive, thus resulting in approximately a 75% combined reduction in annual transmission risk.[citation needed] These figures reflect experiences with subjects having frequently-recurring genital herpes (>6 recurrences per year). Subjects with low recurrence rates and those with no clinical manifestations were excluded from these studies.[citation needed]

To prevent neonatal infections, seronegative women are recommended to avoid unprotected oral-genital contact with an HSV-1 seropositive partner and conventional sex with a partner having a genital infection during the last trimester of pregnancy. A seronegative mother that contracts HSV at this time has up to a 57% chance of conveying the infection to her baby during childbirth, since insufficient time will have occurred for the generation and transfer of protective maternal antibodies before the birth of the child, whereas a woman seropositive for both HSV-1 and HSV-2 has around a 1-3% chance of transmitting infection to her infant.[78][30] Women that are seropositive for only one type of HSV are only half as likely to transmit HSV as infected seronegative mothers. Mothers infected with HSV are advised to avoid procedures that would cause trauma to the infant during birth (e.g., fetal scalp electrodes, forceps, and vacuum extractors) and, should lesions be present, to elect caesarean section to reduce exposure of the child to infected secretions in the birth canal.[3] The use of antiviral treatments, such as aciclovir, given from the 36th week of pregnancy limits HSV recurrence and shedding during childbirth, thereby reducing the need for caesarean section.[3]

HSV-2 infected individuals are at higher risk for acquiring HIV when practicing unprotected sex with HIV positive persons, particularly during an outbreak with active lesions.[79]

sanjuro_ronin
02-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Current info:

Police continue Chris Brown probe
By Anthony Mccartney, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

DA asks police for more investigation of Chris Brown. (AP file photo)

LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Prosecutors want more evidence from police before determining whether to press charges against singer Chris Brown.

He's accused in a domestic dispute that reportedly involves pop superstar Rihanna. Police have presented a case regarding Brown, but didn't release any of its details. Los Angeles County District Attorney spokeswoman Jane Robison says the office won't have any further comment on the case.

Brown was arrested Sunday night after surrendering to police, who sought the 19-year-old singer when a woman identified him as her attacker during a fight the night before.

Numerous media outlets, citing sources and police officials who were not named, have identified the woman as 20-year-old Rihanna, Brown's longtime girlfriend.

Though an initial police news release Tuesday indicated that they were investigating a battery on a woman who was injured, Brown was booked only on suspicion of making a criminal threat, a felony.

Police have said that prosecutors would determine what charges, if any, were warranted.

The district attorney's kicking the case back to police could signal that prosecutors are seeking to build stronger charges against Brown.

It could also mean the current evidence is too flimsy or has holes that would drop it to a misdemeanour or make it go away altogether, Loyola University law professor Stan Goldman said.

"Sending it back certainly isn't the death penalty," Goldman said.

"If you're Chris Brown," he added, "it's both bad and good."

A police spokeswoman said the department had no comment about the district attorney's decision.

The department has said it was alerted to the incident in the upscale Han**** Park neighbourhood by a 911 call.

It has provided few official details beyond the initial report. Brown's attorney and spokesman have not returned multiple calls and e-mails seeking comment since Sunday.

Brown remains free on $50,000 bail.

The allegations have at least momentarily tarnished Brown's squeaky-clean image.

At least one major sponsor, Wrigley, has suspended ad campaigns featuring the singer, who has scored with hits such as 2005's "Run It!" and a Grammy-nominated duet with Jordin Sparks, "No Air."

Brown has withdrawn from public appearances in Phoenix scheduled for this weekend before the NBA All-Star game.

On Tuesday, Rihanna postponed a planned concert in Malaysia.

Brown and Rihanna, whose real name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, skipped planned performances at Sunday's Grammy Awards, leaving fellow recording artists to try to make sense of the allegations.

Kanye West, who toured with Rihanna, said on Ryan Seacrest's morning radio show Tuesday morning that the reports of abuse were "devastating."

"I feel like, just as a person, I don't care how famous she is or even if she just worked at McDonald's, that should never happen," West said on the show, which is broadcast on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles.

"It should never come to that place."

LSWCTN1
02-12-2009, 08:14 AM
protecting your loved ones i believe it is permissable

immediate physical danger - knife gun etc i believe it is permissable

for being slapped by an 8stone girl, driving or not, he needs to be raped in prison

on the other hand - if she instigated it and it is proven, she also deserves some form of punishment (be it a community service or whatever you guys do over there)

WinterPalm
02-12-2009, 08:26 AM
herpes:

Herpes is contracted through direct contact with an active lesion or body fluid of an infected person.[65] Herpes transmission occurs between discordant partners; a person with a history of infection (HSV seropositive) can pass the virus to an HSV seronegative person.[3] While herpes virus type 2 has been demonstrated to remain viable on toilet seats for 2 to 4 hours after contact and on dry gauze for up to 72 hours, as of the submission of those findings (1984) there were no documented cases of infection via an inanimate object (e.g. a towel, toilet seat, drinking vessels).[66] To infect a new individual, HSV travels through tiny breaks in the skin or mucous membranes in the mouth or genital areas. Even microscopic abrasions on mucous membranes are sufficient to allow viral entry.

HSV asymptomatic shedding occurs at some time in most individuals infected with herpes. It can occur more than a week before or after a symptomatic recurrence in 50% of cases.[67] Infected people that show no visible symptoms may still shed and transmit virus through their skin; asymptomatic shedding may represent the most common form of HSV-2 transmission.[67] Asymptomatic shedding is more frequent within the first 12 months of acquiring HSV. Concurrent infection with HIV increases the frequency and duration of asymptomatic shedding.[68] There are indications that some individuals may have much lower patterns of shedding, but evidence supporting this is not fully verified; no significant differences are seen in the frequency of asymptomatic shedding when comparing persons with 1 to 12 annual recurrences to those that have no recurrences.[67]

Antibodies that develop following an initial infection with a type of HSV prevents reinfection with the same virus type—a person with a history of orofacial infection caused by HSV-1 cannot contract herpes whitlow or a genital infection caused by HSV-1. In a monogamous couple, a seronegative female runs a greater than 30% per year risk of contracting an HSV infection from a seropositive male partner.[69] If an oral HSV-1 infection is contracted first, seroconversion will have occurred after 6 weeks to provide protective antibodies against a future genital HSV-1 infection.
Barrier protection, such as a condom, can reduce the risk of herpes transmission.

For genital herpes, condoms are highly effective in limiting transmission of herpes simplex infection.[70][71] The virus cannot pass through latex, but a condom's effectiveness is somewhat limited on a public health scale by their limited use in the community,[72] and on an individual scale because the condom may not completely cover blisters on the ***** of an infected male, or the base of the ***** or testicles not covered by the condom may come into contact with free virus in vaginal fluid of an infected female. In such cases, abstinence from sexual activity or washing of the genitals after sex is recommended. The use of condoms or dental dams also limits the transmission of herpes from the genitals of one partner to the mouth of the other (or vice versa) during oral sex. When one partner has a herpes simplex infection and the other does not, the use of antiviral medication, such as valaciclovir, in conjunction with a condom, further decreases the chances of transmission to the uninfected partner.[3] Topical microbicides which contain chemicals that directly inactivate the virus and block viral entry are currently being investigated.[3] Vaccines for HSV are currently undergoing trials. Once developed, they may be used to help with prevention or minimize initial infections as well as treatment for existing infections.[73]

As with almost all sexually transmitted infections, women are more susceptible to acquiring genital HSV-2 than men.[74] On an annual basis, without the use of antivirals or condoms, the transmission risk of HSV-2 from infected male to female is approximately 8-10%.[75][69] This is believed to be due to the increased exposure of mucosal tissue to potential infection sites. Transmission risk from infected female to male is approximately 4-5% annually.[75] Suppressive antiviral therapy reduces these risks by 50%.[76] Antivirals also help prevent the development of symptomatic HSV in infection scenarios—meaning the infected partner will be seropositive but symptom free—by about 50%. Condom use also reduces the transmission risk by 50%.[70][71][77] Condom use is much more effective at preventing male to female transmission than vice-versa.[70] The effects of combining antiviral and condom use is roughly additive, thus resulting in approximately a 75% combined reduction in annual transmission risk.[citation needed] These figures reflect experiences with subjects having frequently-recurring genital herpes (>6 recurrences per year). Subjects with low recurrence rates and those with no clinical manifestations were excluded from these studies.[citation needed]

To prevent neonatal infections, seronegative women are recommended to avoid unprotected oral-genital contact with an HSV-1 seropositive partner and conventional sex with a partner having a genital infection during the last trimester of pregnancy. A seronegative mother that contracts HSV at this time has up to a 57% chance of conveying the infection to her baby during childbirth, since insufficient time will have occurred for the generation and transfer of protective maternal antibodies before the birth of the child, whereas a woman seropositive for both HSV-1 and HSV-2 has around a 1-3% chance of transmitting infection to her infant.[78][30] Women that are seropositive for only one type of HSV are only half as likely to transmit HSV as infected seronegative mothers. Mothers infected with HSV are advised to avoid procedures that would cause trauma to the infant during birth (e.g., fetal scalp electrodes, forceps, and vacuum extractors) and, should lesions be present, to elect caesarean section to reduce exposure of the child to infected secretions in the birth canal.[3] The use of antiviral treatments, such as aciclovir, given from the 36th week of pregnancy limits HSV recurrence and shedding during childbirth, thereby reducing the need for caesarean section.[3]

HSV-2 infected individuals are at higher risk for acquiring HIV when practicing unprotected sex with HIV positive persons, particularly during an outbreak with active lesions.[79]

All that and no pics?:D

mawali
02-12-2009, 08:46 AM
A lot of those guys think that being famous and flashing filthy lucre is da bomb so when they meet up with their own face (actions and behaviour) they lash out and still fail to see wisdom and understanding so they blame the other person for thier own ignorance. A sad commentary but this is part of freedom and bling coming together to cause mayhem and pain!

golgo
02-12-2009, 09:02 AM
if some **** gave me herpes, i would plan an elaborately orchestrated event to get her into bed with some guy who had a DIFFERENT STD and have her contract it from him. then we would be just about SQUARE!

i wouldnt hit her, but i bet you i would probably beat the crap out of something at home. like my punching bag.

I know a guy who's girlfriend cheated, got chlamydia and gave it to my friend. So as payback, he lied about getting it cleared up, banged her (giving her chlamydia again) and then dumped her.

Shaolinlueb
02-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Getting herpes is not an excuse to attack someone, regardless of gender.

i don't know what world you are living in, but if a women gives me herpes and she knows she has it. she is getting some smack into her.

brothernumber9
02-12-2009, 11:07 AM
what if she gave you herpes and she didn't know she had it? Smack her then?
Herpes is relatively non-violent. So some here would promote a violent reaction to a relatively non-violent infection. Millions of poeple in the U.S. alone have some form of herpes. The CDC even went as far several years ago to state that as much as 20 percent of sexually active adults in the U.S. have herpes.
Factor in all the other STDs floating around out there, and I would argue that there is a more than reasonable implied risk in having sex with anyone, that one would contract an STD.
I do not prescribe to the point of view that it is okay it beat up a chick even if she transmitted HIV, much less herpes. (AIDS is not a virus)
Live with it, deal with it. The risk is out there and we all know it. I can't comprehend how beating up a woman would make a person feel better.

SimonM
02-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Besides which this all appears moot as I can find no mention of Herpes in any news source over this issue.

All I can find is that Rihannah got angry at this guy for flirting with some other woman and he beat her up pretty bad and choked her unconscious in retaliation for that.

Oso
02-12-2009, 11:34 AM
All I can find is that Rihannah got angry at this guy for flirting with some other woman and he beat her up pretty bad and choked her unconscious in retaliation for that.

definitely an overreaction if all that's true.

bottom line is no one should physically harm another person (including knowingly passing on a disease) without expection some form of retaliation (legal or otherwise) if caught. gender doesn't mean a thing...only takes a couple of pounds to squeeze a trigger, should a woman be held less responsible for shooting someone because she's a woman?

I had a woman once that thought it was ok to hit...I asked her how much energy she thought she was using when she did it? 50%, 75% ...100%? and how did she think it would feel if I used even 50% of my available power to punch her in the arm...she honestly thought it was ok for a woman to hit a man because men were bigger...needless to say that relationship didn't work out in the end.

sanjuro_ronin
02-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Besides which this all appears moot as I can find no mention of Herpes in any news source over this issue.

Supposedly he got some text message from Leona lewis.
I can't believe we are discussing this, we are such women !!
LMAO !!

Oso
02-12-2009, 11:41 AM
this is important man!!!! apparently the very roots of kung fu are being threatened which means that all martial arts are being threatened!!!

the time for petty bickering is over...we must all unite under one flag to combat this evil!!!

TenTigers
02-12-2009, 11:44 AM
it is certainly not ok to hit a woman.
-Spankings, on the other hand are perfectly alright.:D

brothernumber9
02-12-2009, 11:45 AM
I can't believe we are discussing this, we are such women !!
LMAO !!

And as such we should all fear Chris Brown, O.J., and the spirit of Ike Turner.

GeneChing
02-12-2009, 12:14 PM
...especially the way it's being reported by TMZ - "look like an MMA fighter or something"

Rihanna Bloody and Bruised (http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/09/rihanna-bloody-and-bruised/)
Posted Feb 9th 2009 4:30PM by TMZ Staff

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Rihanna's injuries were severe -- two "huge contusions" which swelled up on both sides of her forehead. We're told she also suffered "a bloody lip and nose."

One of the law enforcement people put it this way -- the contusions "look like an MMA fighter or something ... [It] looked like she was growing devil's horns."

We've also heard that Rihanna may have suffered bite wounds on one of her legs and arms, however, one source close to the situation tells us he doubts that is the case.

Chris Brown has been booked on a felony criminal threats charge. If the D.A. files the case, domestic violence charges could be added.

David Jamieson
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Kungfu society is not inclusive of domestic abuse.

banditshaw
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
And as suck we should all fear Chris Brown, O.J., and Ike Turner.

Ike Turner is dead.
His spirit lives on however striking fear in the hearts of men and Tina Turner alike.

brothernumber9
02-12-2009, 12:32 PM
okay fixed it.

sanjuro_ronin
02-12-2009, 12:38 PM
What does this have to do with Kung Fu again ??

David Jamieson
02-12-2009, 12:43 PM
What does this have to do with Kung Fu again ??

I dunno, maybe the thread starter works for one of their publicists and is just trying to get web hits up?

lazy gossip?

it certainly has nothing to do with kungfu.

brothernumber9
02-12-2009, 12:44 PM
which system is most effective against STDs and women beaters

sanjuro_ronin
02-12-2009, 12:45 PM
which system is most effective against STDs and women beaters

Chi sao is the answer to all those problems and more.
It also gets out stubborn grass stains !

doug maverick
02-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Well...the title may not fit the post exactly but here goes.

I heard that Chris Brown might have received a gift from Rihanna(sp?), a gift that will last a lifetime. HERPES. If she gave him herpes than I do believe that it was okay for him to attack her. Herpes doesn't go away not that I know from personal experience.

Do you all think the media is making such a big deal because Chris Brown is a male attacking a woman and society is women/children obsessed? I think so.

Is it okay to hit women? I believe it is okay to hit a woman if she attacks first and with equal amount of force that she hit you with. This I would call self defense.

Heck, if CB had studied kung fu you know the media would've come down on kung fu as being bad.

if rihanna gives you dont beat her up. you say thank you.

golden arhat
02-12-2009, 01:55 PM
it is certainly not ok to hit a woman.
-Spankings, on the other hand are perfectly alright.:D

incorrect

diego
02-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I can't comprehend how beating up a woman would make a person feel better.

same as the hormones released from hard contact doing iron palm training...tension fills up in the gut, knuckles hit hard surface, nerves scream, stress is releived. I'm just a caveman lawyer though, all this technology confuses me...;)

golden arhat
02-12-2009, 01:58 PM
I dunno, maybe the thread starter works for one of their publicists and is just trying to get web hits up?

lazy gossip?

it certainly has nothing to do with kungfu.

the fact that its been posted here?

someone getting beat up i think thats relevant
circumstances in which kung fu can be used and against who?

diego
02-12-2009, 02:04 PM
herpes:

the **** is a dental dam...sounds really really disgusting to a hetero!.

Shaolinlueb
02-12-2009, 02:06 PM
what if she gave you herpes and she didn't know she had it? Smack her then?
Herpes is relatively non-violent. So some here would promote a violent reaction to a relatively non-violent infection. Millions of poeple in the U.S. alone have some form of herpes. The CDC even went as far several years ago to state that as much as 20 percent of sexually active adults in the U.S. have herpes.
Factor in all the other STDs floating around out there, and I would argue that there is a more than reasonable implied risk in having sex with anyone, that one would contract an STD.
I do not prescribe to the point of view that it is okay it beat up a chick even if she transmitted HIV, much less herpes. (AIDS is not a virus)
Live with it, deal with it. The risk is out there and we all know it. I can't comprehend how beating up a woman would make a person feel better.

aww come on guy, domestic abuse is funny.

:o

no i woudlnt hit her. i am jsut pulling legs.

diego
02-12-2009, 02:06 PM
...especially the way it's being reported by TMZ - "look like an MMA fighter or something"

kid's bi-sexual!.

brothernumber9
02-12-2009, 02:31 PM
aww come on guy, domestic abuse is funny.

:o

no i woudlnt hit her. i am jsut pulling legs.

You're right. I suppose I am a bit of a hypocrite. Like if a dude gave a little krotty chop to the side of a girl's neck or something. That would probly make me lol. Especially if the dude was a midget.

GreenCloudCLF
02-12-2009, 02:37 PM
What do you do if your dishwasher stops working?

Kick her in the bum!

David Jamieson
02-12-2009, 02:45 PM
the fact that its been posted here?

someone getting beat up i think thats relevant
circumstances in which kung fu can be used and against who?

and which one of them does kungfu?

you don't need kungfu to get beat up and having kungfu, one doesn't necessarily become immune to being beaten up.

that wasn't the question and isn't the context.

it's merely gossip about two pop stars both of whom have no kungfu background and neither of whom has any connection to the forum.

so...

:p

doug maverick
02-12-2009, 02:53 PM
just thought about something. why is this relevant. welll it should be placed in the pop culture board. cause i just remembered rihanna was the rza's choice to play vanity's role in the remake of the last dragon.

SavvySavage
02-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Why?

I threw the herpes thing in because I heard it and because I knew it would attract people to this thread even though most of the people who posted post all the time anyway.

There was an implied question of self defense: Are men allowed to defend themselves against a woman's attack? A defense that includes striking. That's what makes it relevant.

For all the haters of this thread, cough cough, David Jamieson. STOP POSTING AND DON'T READ IT ANYMORE IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH. Get a fuking job, Beavis!

Herpes isn't violent so that means you can't cause someone violence because of it? Leave me the phone numbers of all your daughters and I'm going to find a way to give them this non-violent virus which will never truly go away. Line them all up at my front door and I'll have some ex porn star drug addict rock star help them to a handful of non-violence!

If herpes isn't so bad then why don't you go out and contract it!

That's what I say to crazy christians who start spouting how the afterlife is so great. Go jump in front of traffic and get to the afterlife if it's so darn great cause then you wouldn't need to waste your breath and my time. For serious yo.

You guys with your inflated morals crack me up. Enough about herpes.

I like girls. Don't get me wrong. But I feel that they simply cannot get away with attacking men and thinking it's okay and that we won't hit back or that it's wrong to hit back.

This mentality of not attacking women also transfers into the martial arts. Wait till my next super duper thread. I feel the excitement in the air

GreenCloudCLF
02-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Why?

That's what I say to crazy christians who start spouting how the afterlife is so great. Go jump in front of traffic and get to the afterlife if it's so darn great cause then you wouldn't need to waste your breath and my time. For serious yo.

Suicide is a mortal sin. Man must suffer in this plane of existence before going on to Eternal Peace.

SavvySavage
02-12-2009, 04:22 PM
That actually makes sense from a crazy Christian point of view. I think also they like to eat unhealthy food, do drugs, and have sex. Who would willingly give that up?

Thanks for the info

Dale Dugas
02-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Why?

I threw the herpes thing in because I heard it and because I knew it would attract people to this thread even though most of the people who posted post all the time anyway.

There was an implied question of self defense: Are men allowed to defend themselves against a woman's attack? A defense that includes striking. That's what makes it relevant.

For all the haters of this thread, cough cough, David Jamieson. STOP POSTING AND DON'T READ IT ANYMORE IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH. Get a fuking job, Beavis!

Herpes isn't violent so that means you can't cause someone violence because of it? Leave me the phone numbers of all your daughters and I'm going to find a way to give them this non-violent virus which will never truly go away. Line them all up at my front door and I'll have some ex porn star drug addict rock star help them to a handful of non-violence!

If herpes isn't so bad then why don't you go out and contract it!

You guys with your inflated morals crack me up. Enough about herpes.

I like girls. Don't get me wrong. But I feel that they simply cannot get away with attacking men and thinking it's okay and that we won't hit back or that it's wrong to hit back.

This mentality of not attacking women also transfers into the martial arts. Wait till my next super duper thread. I feel the excitement in the air

Yeah I cannot wait for more ignorance.

GreenCloudCLF
02-12-2009, 05:31 PM
crazy Christian point of view.

If I were say the same thing about a race, I would be banned. What makes you think insulting a religion is OK?

Dale Dugas
02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
ignorance is bliss for this net persona

Oso
02-12-2009, 06:10 PM
If I were say the same thing about a race, I would be banned. What makes you think insulting a religion is OK?

oh, come on, everyone is way too sensitive about whatever it is they believe they are or whatever group they align themselves with...everyone is crazy: christian jew, muslim, white, black, hispanic...whatever: crazy, stupid, idiotic, et al don't discriminate!

in the words of Jeffrey Gitomer: Everyone needs to turn their sensitivity knobs down a bit.

I'm a fat, ugly white guy and **** proud of it!!!!

:D

GreenCloudCLF
02-12-2009, 06:27 PM
oh, come on, everyone is way too sensitive about whatever it is they believe they are or whatever group they align themselves with...everyone is crazy: christian jew, muslim, white, black, hispanic...whatever: crazy, stupid, idiotic, et al don't discriminate!

in the words of Jeffrey Gitomer: Everyone needs to turn their sensitivity knobs down a bit.

I'm a fat, ugly white guy and **** proud of it!!!!

:D

First: I'm not Christian. I just think bigots shouldn't be allowed to pollute the forum.

Second: Weren't you the guy from the MMA forum that bugged out when someone called Dana White a redneck hick?:D:D

Oso
02-12-2009, 06:33 PM
First: I'm not Christian. I just think bigots shouldn't be allowed to pollute the forum.

didn't say you were :)

Second: Weren't you the guy from the MMA forum that bugged out when someone called Dana White a redneck hick?:D:D

yea, but Jake ticks me off sometimes...he's a good guy but, still... ;)

GreenCloudCLF
02-12-2009, 06:34 PM
yea, but Jake ticks me off sometimes...he's a good guy but, still... ;)

BTW, I hate all people equally. Makes life easier that way.

Oso
02-12-2009, 06:54 PM
BTW, I hate all people equally. Makes life easier that way.

word. people suck. worse thing to happen to humans since eve...

GreenCloudCLF
02-12-2009, 06:55 PM
word. people suck. worse thing to happen to humans since eve...

Don't get me started on that apple eating tart.

Oso
02-12-2009, 07:06 PM
lol, yea...

well, enough bull ****ting for one evening ;)

been fun :)

SavvySavage
02-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I wasn't trying to target christians as a group even though it might've sounded that way. I specifically have issue with the "crazy" christians that come up to you and start handing church propoganda, talking about god, and making it sound like joining their church will fix every problem you have. I've always secretly wondered though if I should go just to check out the babes.

Dale Douglas,
What's with all the negativity? Just because I may have a different opinion than you that means it's "ignorant". Perhaps you're ignorantly using the word ignorant. That's a possibility. Take it all with a grain of salt and relax. Sheesh.

bakxierboxer
02-13-2009, 12:51 AM

Agreed, it's a condition brought on by HIV, a virus.

sanjuro_ronin
02-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Chris should meet this young lady:

http://en.video.canoe.tv/video/featured/club-girl-knocks-out-dude/10229888001

Dale Dugas
02-13-2009, 12:05 PM
I wasn't trying to target christians as a group even though it might've sounded that way. I specifically have issue with the "crazy" christians that come up to you and start handing church propoganda, talking about god, and making it sound like joining their church will fix every problem you have. I've always secretly wondered though if I should go just to check out the babes.

Dale Douglas,
What's with all the negativity? Just because I may have a different opinion than you that means it's "ignorant". Perhaps you're ignorantly using the word ignorant. That's a possibility. Take it all with a grain of salt and relax. Sheesh.

you should reread your first thread here, if you cannot fathom the response, I cannot help you.

You opened your mouth and said some things that are not only ignorant, they are down right hateful.

Ponder what you say before you make it eternal on the internet.

P.S. You also need to learn to spell peoples names right, makes you look uneducated.

Shaolinlueb
02-13-2009, 01:22 PM
alright

lets just settle this the PC way.

you can take "people" out of "the bad area's of society" but not "the bad area's of scoiety" out of "people".

;)

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-13-2009, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZQLeeNo6Qw

what do you tell a woman with two back eyes?

nothing . . . she's already been told twice.

what does a woman do when she gets home from a domestic abuse shelter?

the dishes if she knows whats good for her.

Oso
02-13-2009, 04:01 PM
lol, I've been holding back the two black eyes joke the entire thread...

doug maverick
02-14-2009, 01:17 PM
alright

lets just settle this the PC way.

you can take "people" out of "the bad area's of society" but not "the bad area's of scoiety" out of "people".

;)

except chris brown isnt from a bad area. this kid grew up upper middle class or some **** like that. and even if he was from a bad area that doesnt justify what he did. i'd smack flames out his b!tch ass. i got a chance to work with rihanna on a loreal commercial and she was very nice and personable. didnt have a huge entourage like most of these pop stars just her and two friends.didnt complain not once the whole 14 hour day.

Shaolinlueb
02-14-2009, 02:44 PM
except chris brown isnt from a bad area. this kid grew up upper middle class or some **** like that. and even if he was from a bad area that doesnt justify what he did. i'd smack flames out his b!tch ass. i got a chance to work with rihanna on a loreal commercial and she was very nice and personable. didnt have a huge entourage like most of these pop stars just her and two friends.didnt complain not once the whole 14 hour day.

hey hey hey doug. stop sticking up for the innocent women here!!

;) :eek:

GreenCloudCLF
02-16-2009, 06:19 AM
What does it mean when your woman comes out of the kitchen to yell at you during the latest UFC?

You've made her chain too long.

GreenCloudCLF
02-16-2009, 06:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZQLeeNo6Qw

what do you tell a woman with two back eyes?

nothing . . . she's already been told twice.

what does a woman do when she gets home from a domestic abuse shelter?

the dishes if she knows whats good for her.

I wasn't going to watch the video. Man am I glad I did. That was great!

Siu Lum Fighter
02-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Seriously though, could you guys really be that ignorant and misogynistic? Try to imagine someone doing that to your mom or your sister. Would you sit back and think it was cool?

The point is: women are generally smaller, weigh less, and can't put up as much of a fight as a man (although I've known some girls who could probably beat the crap out of most of the "keyboard warriors" on this forum). If a man feels he needs to hit a woman it's almost always because he's mad at her. If the man can't handle her and she's sadistic enough to hospitalize him, then he just shouldn't be with her and leave it at that. Using your martial arts to beat up on women just 'cause your mad at them is cowardly and disgraceful and you're a stupid d!ldo-head if you truly think that's O.K. and cool.

GreenCloudCLF
02-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Seriously though, could you guys really be that ignorant and misogynistic? Try to imagine someone doing that to your mom or your sister. Would you sit back and think it was cool?

The point is: women are generally smaller, weigh less, and can't put up as much of a fight as a man (although I've known some girls who could probably beat the crap out of most of the "keyboard warriors" on this forum). If a man feels he needs to hit a woman it's almost always because he's mad at her. If the man can't handle her and she's sadistic enough to hospitalize him, then he just shouldn't be with her and leave it at that. Using your martial arts to beat up on women just 'cause your mad at them is cowardly and disgraceful and you're a stupid d!ldo-head if you truly think that's O.K. and cool.

I find it important to unmask ignorance through jokes. Only by shedding light on the rediculousness of it can we banish the evil.

GeneChing
02-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Come on now. MMA doesn't train biting. This is just a black eye for all of us for no good reason.

Martial Arts Expert Challenges Chris Brown to a Fight (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,495744,00.html)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chris Brown may need a ring doctor instead of a spin doctor.

Anthony Geisler, president of LA Boxing, has created a Facebook group called “I Want to Fight Chris Brown,” to challenge the R&B singer to a fight in the ring to see “what it's like to face a real opponent.”

Earlier this month, Brown, 19, was arrested for making criminal threats after a woman accused him of assaulting her. The woman, who was later identified as Brown’s pop-star girlfriend Rihanna, 20, reportedly had several facial contusions and bite marks.

Last Sunday, Brown apologized for his actions, vowing to get therapy to work on his issues.

But there are at least 45 people who would prefer Brown step into the ring with Geisler, whose kickboxing and mixed martial arts training organization is the largest in the world.

All have signed up to be members of the group, which encourages people to join if they would like to be next in line to fight Brown.

Could Brown be in for what some might say are his just desserts? We will have to wait and see. But Brown does have a few big names in his corner.

Last week, actor Terrence Howard told Hollywood.tv that the alleged attack was “just life man. Chris is a great guy. He’ll be all right. Rihanna knows he loves her. They’ll be alright. Everyone has just got to get out of their way.”

He later retracted his statement, saying that had he known what Brown was accused of, he never would have said anything so “insensitive.”

[Incidentally, The Smoking Gun recently revealed that Howard was previously charged with simple assault, terroristic threats, harassment and stalking in 2002 when he broke into his estranged wife’s home and punched her twice in the face with a closed fist, just like Brown is accused of doing.]

Maybe there should be a Facebook group for Terrence too.

But at least Chris has former-reality-star-turned-Playboy-cover-girl Aubrey O’Day on his side. She told FOXNews.com that we should just give Chris his space and let him and Rihanna figure the situation out.

“You never really know what happens between two people, and until you do, you shouldn’t judge,” she said at the William Rast show at New York Fashion Week. “I think it was wise for Chris to come forward and apologize, but we should just give them their space and let them figure it out.”

Maybe so, but holding back judgment won’t save him from a potential beat down in the ring.

TenTigers
02-18-2009, 04:58 PM
if there is now a website devoted to this (facebook, whatever..) I would not be surprised if people came up to him in the streets and took pot-shots.
This will make for some good reading and paparazzi stuff in the near future. Maybe some video footage.

AJM
02-19-2009, 10:30 AM
There should be a line.

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-19-2009, 03:17 PM
I wasn't going to watch the video. Man am I glad I did. That was great!

do you honestly think id let you down? come on man.

doug maverick
02-20-2009, 10:20 AM
well from what i hear. rihanna is going to stay with him. so i have nothing more to say on the subject.

GeneChing
02-20-2009, 10:41 AM
I want to fight Chris Brown | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=61394354918). I'm sorely tempted - maybe I will later today.

There's over 500 articles on the web on this. The one below had a few good links and came up on top in my newsfeeds today.

Chris Brown Challenged to a Fight By Martial Arts Expert (http://www.hiphoprx.com/2009/02/19/chris-brown-challenged-to-a-fight-by-martial-arts-expert/)
Written by HipHopRX Denise on February 19th, 2009 in Celebrity News

Seems like now the infamous alleged fight between celebrity couple Chris Brown and Rihanna has sparked challenges from the public and on Facebook. We all know that celebrity scandals and controversy cause quite a bit of activity on social networks when they happen. Well, the alleged assault by Chris Brown against girlfriend Rihanna is no different.

Anthony Geisler, president of LA Boxing in Santa Ana, CA, has created a Facebook group called “I Want to Fight Chris Brown,” to challenge the R&B star to a fight in the ring against him to see how it feels to fight a ‘real opponent’.

When reported on FOX news earlier today, the article mentioned there was only 45 members in the group at that time. Now the group has grown to over 2,000 members for “I Want To Fight Chris Brown” Facebook group where people are joining to be next in line after Geisler.

Maybe asking Chris Brown about this is a little too soon, since the singer hasn’t been to court yet, but we’re sure that won’t stop the challenges that are now in demand.

Brown is scheduled for court on March 5, 2009 on felony charges of criminal threat.

Meanwhile, Chris Brown was recently reported to have changed his Facebook relationship status to single hinting at a break-up, which he later denied in his official statement. Rihanna on the other hand didn’t seem to like Brown’s statement calling it cavalier and arrogant and the Pop star has been confirmed by her father to have broken up with Chris Brown and is currently in Barbados with friends taking time to heal.

In related news, an audio of Chris Brown was recently released over the Internet by prank caller Ralphige pranking Chris Brown over the phone.