PDA

View Full Version : exercises

Jack Straw
02-12-2009, 05:15 AM
I recently screwed my back up. What happened is, I pulled a muscle in my lower back. It got swollen and pinched nerves, causing extreme pain. After I am fully healed, I am hoping to dedicate part of my daily workout routine to strengthen and increase flexability in my back. I figure that having more limber muscles in my lower back will make it more difficult to pull them. Anyhow, I am looking for suggestions on different exercises to help me accomplish this. I appreciate any help given. Thank you.

taai gihk yahn
02-12-2009, 06:31 AM
I recently screwed my back up. What happened is, I pulled a muscle in my lower back. It got swollen and pinched nerves, causing extreme pain. After I am fully healed, I am hoping to dedicate part of my daily workout routine to strengthen and increase flexability in my back. I figure that having more limber muscles in my lower back will make it more difficult to pull them. Anyhow, I am looking for suggestions on different exercises to help me accomplish this. I appreciate any help given. Thank you.

despite there being a generalized set of things to do for the low back (or any body area) exercise is highly individualized and what may be medicine for one may be poison for another; as you already have a history of low back pain, the best thing to do is start looking around your neighborhood / area for someone who is trained, licensed and skillful in the application of both manual and exercise therapy; it may be a PT, it could just as well be a chiropractor, an acupuncturist / tuina / qigong person, a massage therapist, a manually oriented osteopath, or a good yoga instructor - but you need to shop around, talk to different people, get a sense of how they are thinking about things / approaching your issues - a lot of practitioners out there su(k, and you have to usually invest some time finding the good ones

the worst thing to do is to take "advice" from an internet forum where you are going to get 100 different opinions, none of which have any basis in reality because no one could possibly know what is up with you, because no one has examined you; I will caveat this and say if you can give a very detailed account of what happened, how the pain started, what made it better / worse, how long it lasted, location, quality, etc., I might be able to give some very general guidelines in regards to dealing with it if it flares up again, that at the very least won't exacerbate it, but certainly no guarantees beyond that; but as far as an on-going program, you need someone to work with you in person, even if it's just for a short while;