PDA

View Full Version : Watch this guard pass!

MasterKiller
02-13-2009, 07:53 AM
I know this is an MMA fight, but that's a kung fu move if I ever saw one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuZEEq7NCYY

David Jamieson
02-13-2009, 07:59 AM
hahahaha, gymtastic!

sanjuro_ronin
02-13-2009, 08:02 AM
I know this is an MMA fight, but that's a kung fu move if I ever saw one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuZEEq7NCYY

That is from Norther Shaolin, its called "Spinning Dragon drops his tail", also know in Lama circles as the "dragon teabag".

GreenCloudCLF
02-13-2009, 09:49 PM
That is from Norther Shaolin, its called "Spinning Dragon drops his tail", also know in Lama circles as the "dragon teabag".

Actually, I think it is "monkey drops his peaches in dragons mouth"

phoenix-eye
02-14-2009, 12:17 AM
lovely....really was a nice move.....but could have ended badly tho....:(

imagine the headlines..."man killed by 360 foot stomp in mma CAGE match"

Mr Punch
02-14-2009, 12:51 AM
I've seen my MMA teacher Ryan Bow do that a couple or times or more in pro-Shooto, but with bells on: he did it so he landed facing the guy! Beautiful.

Reverend Tap
02-14-2009, 04:54 AM
It's cool and all, but really, doing a standard front flip, and even landing precisely where you want to, isn't that hard. Even adding twists doesn't up the difficulty much if you practice regularly. Dangerous as he|l to pull off in a match, though; he had no idea how his opponent would react to him flying through the air like that, and once you're up there you can't really change where you're landing.

taai gihk yahn
02-14-2009, 06:07 AM
It's cool and all, but really, doing a standard front flip, and even landing precisely where you want to, isn't that hard. Even adding twists doesn't up the difficulty much if you practice regularly. Dangerous as he|l to pull off in a match, though; he had no idea how his opponent would react to him flying through the air like that, and once you're up there you can't really change where you're landing.

also, you saw him setting up the flip from a mile away; meaning that, the first few times he tries it, it'll work because of the surprise factor; but now that he's done it, anyone slated to fight him reviewing that tape, will know what to expect in that situation and will be able to account for it, because the set-up time is significant;

this is the reason a lot of TCMA techniques "worked", IMPE - because you did something the opponent had never seen before; and it would keep working because if no one else saw the fight, it's still a surprise ("secret technique"), and even if it was publicly seen, it might not be understood if it happened very fast and / or the people watching it didn't know what they were looking at; in the world of youtube, it's a totally different story...

Lucas
02-14-2009, 01:50 PM
still gotta give the guy props for going for it, pulling it off, and taking the mount out of it.

who cares the ifs and coulda wouldas, its the what happend that counts.