PDA

View Full Version : UFC 97 in Quebec, problemos...

Cimaroon
02-14-2009, 07:40 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/Pure-lunacy-eh-UFC-may-not-be-able-to-hold-eve;_ylt=Asewd8ch.kA8idACujnW2v89Eo14?urn=mma,1414 34

couch
02-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Yah, been following this story on the Fight Network. It's pretty dumb.

The worst of it is the fact that the province of Quebec is *claiming* that they didn't know about the last UFC even being held there!!!

Vash
02-15-2009, 06:57 AM
Um . . .

Those wacky Canadians . . . ?

GreenCloudCLF
02-15-2009, 08:08 AM
"We don't want all the revenue and spending your events generate. Our city/province/nation is not affected by the terrible economy worldwide."

Three Harmonies
02-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Don't group all Canadians into the mix. Quebecois are the problem. Typical arrogant passive-aggressive response from them!
I say screw the Frenchies, and bring it to Vancouver! No problems there with men fighting in a civilized manner!:D

WinterPalm
02-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Don't group all Canadians into the mix. Quebecois are the problem. Typical arrogant passive-aggressive response from them!
I say screw the Frenchies, and bring it to Vancouver! No problems there with men fighting in a civilized manner!:D

I'm pretty sure that outside of reserves, MMA is illegal in BC. In Manitoba however...
It's also illegal in Ontario outside of reserves...has nothing to do with the French.

lkfmdc
02-15-2009, 10:17 PM
the original event was basicly a ripp off of san shou, we *****ed about it over on MMA.tv... so it's funny that it was such a huge disaster that it is effecting the UFC now

And I just blame canadians for everything no matter what ;)

David Jamieson
02-16-2009, 07:49 AM

junkies fighting over crack hos isn't really "men" and isn't actually "civilized".

pow scorch!

:D

GreenCloudCLF
02-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Teh Deadly Foot stomp is banned. That will truly change the fight, as those are fight winning techniques.:rolleyes:

Phew, Canada: UFC 97 is on
By Maggie Hendricks
After officials from Quebec threatened to stop UFC 97 from happening, the UFC braintrust traveled north to make sure that the event still happened. Tickets were already on sale, and a full card, which includes Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites and Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio Rua, had already been scheduled. Lorenzo Fertitta and Marc Ratner's efforts proved effective, as the fights will go on as scheduled, though foot-stomping won't be allowed. It's good that they added in that caveat, as it's foot-stomping that truly makes people think that sport is barbaric. I assume that the Three Stooges are also banned in Canada.