PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone who might know...

mickey
02-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Greetings,

Does anyone know if there is missing footage from the film "Kill the Golden Goose" featuring GM Ed Parker in action. Parker's choreography for his character was chock full of such overkill that it seemed to unnerve the film makers. Some shots appeared to try to avoid the devastation that Parker was putting forth. If they kept it, in my opinion, the film may have received an X rating.

Take a look at GM Ed Parker in action and notice how the action is handled. In this scene, Parker's sense of overkill is so intense, he makes the scene downright hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGccRoausow

In a later scene another act of Kenpo devastation was show from a distance so far away that the viewer cannot see what is going on. To make it worse, it was dark.

mickey

Jimbo
02-16-2009, 05:20 PM
I remember seeing Kill the Golden Goose back in the late '70s. The main thing I remembered about it was the robotic monotone acting by Bong Soo Han, and that it wasn't shot very well at all. I'm not sure if there was any footage missing from it, at least when I saw it, though I do remember Ed Parker's assassin character was real violent. BTW, I can't access youtube footage from my home computer, so I haven't checked this footage.

Off-topic: I still feel the best cinematic footage of Bong Soo Han was his first; when he doubled Tom Laughlin in the movie Billy Jack (a classic scene), probably followed by his part in Kentucky Fried Movie. He fought Joe Lewis in Force: Five and was only mildly better in that role than in Kill the Golden Goose.