PDA

View Full Version : I think people that use a spoon to eat spaghetti suck

SavvySavage
02-18-2009, 07:07 PM
You've all seen them in public. They twist spaghetti around their fork , place it on a spoon and then eat it. It's not upperclass. It's lame and unneeded. Haven't you ever heard of just not slurping from the fork.

hskwarrior
02-18-2009, 08:22 PM
as a KUNG FU MAN, i eat my spaghetti with chopsticks........now THAT's upperclass!

Kansuke
02-18-2009, 10:06 PM
True. Chopsticks are better for eating any kind of noodle.

TenTigers
02-19-2009, 12:19 AM
no, you put the end of the fork in the spoon to twirl the spagetti, which keeps it neat, then you place the fork in your mouth, but NOT with the spoon. Slurping is never proper.
-according to Emily Post and others.

冠木侍
02-19-2009, 02:34 AM
I like chopsticks. Cereal was a challenge. :D

Seriously though, it depends on where you are eating. Upper class restaurants have diners who like to think they are upper class and follow suit.

Spaghetti allows for some options. Ramen and lo mein. Get that fork away from me!

The same complaint could be used against a knife and fork. People would say a real man would use their hands! True but it depends on what you are eating as well.

Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode (knife and fork).

Another: Although they were kept waiting at the Chinese restaurant, chopsticks was never a subject of his comedy. No doubt it would have been funny.

SavvySavage
02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
yes tt,

Your description was slightly more descriptive than mine but we're still talking about the same thing.

It's easy to eat spaghetti without slurping and not using a spoon. Slurping is really only bad manners here in the USA and maybe Europe. Chinese people make all kinds of noises when they eat.

I think the "proper" way of eating is dumb with too many restrictions.

hskwarrior
02-19-2009, 10:31 AM
but, have you ever tried to shmoke a blunt using chopsticks? wow, what an experience!!!!!
:D = -~~~~~~~~~~

TenTigers
02-19-2009, 12:14 PM
actually, Seinfeld did have a joke about chopsticks;
"You gotta hand it to the Chinese. I mean, they've seen the fork,
but their sticking with the chopsticks."

Savvy-that;s because...you are a savage!:D
Now, wipe that sauce from your chin, place the napkin on your lap, stop slurping, and fer Godz sakes, get yer elbows off the dang table!

-jeez, ya can dress him up nice, but ya can't take him anywhere!

chusauli
02-20-2009, 11:21 AM
LOL! You guys crack me up!

In NYC, a good pisano knows how to eat spagetti properly!

Slurping and burping is still good manners in some cultures. :)

TenTigers
02-20-2009, 12:29 PM
I forgot to mention-from what I've been told, Chinese had the fork, and evolved to the chopsticks, feeling that knives and forks are butcher's tools and have no place at the dining table.

ok, so Savvy, and others who eschew the use of the spoon while eating spagetti, how do you then feel about the Chinese use of the spoon when eating other foods, such as siu loong bao, and others?

(notice my sophistication by my use of the word, "eschew."-purty fancy, huh?)

hskwarrior
02-23-2009, 11:31 AM
oh! :eek: when you "ESCHEW'D" i thought you sneezed......sorry.:o