PDA

View Full Version : Pan Vs akira in Thailand MMA

TenTigers
02-25-2009, 09:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oBEeHw1RzE

My student, Panithan Yamniyam's first amature MMA fight in Thailand.
His friend was supposed to fight, but got food poisoning and Pan took his place. He called me up the night before, from Thailand-"Sifu, I'm fighting tomorrow. What should I do?" so we went over strategies. Basically, even though he trains Muay Thai,(as well as Muay Boran, Muay Chaya, and Krabi-Krabong) he hasn't been training as hard as those guys going into the ring, so the tactic was not to stand there and let them land kicks, but to close, take him to the ground, where yuo can finish him off. That is exactly what he did. At one point, he had the opportunity to do a leg lock, and was about to, but bailed on it, as Thai MMA rules do not allow them.
Pan wasn't too happy with the fight, as he wanted to fight longer and the guy tapped. I say, for his first time out, and with zero prep time, he did more than fine, and I am proud of him.
He is training hard and put on some size, so he will be going up in weight class.

sanjuro_ronin
02-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Nice work.
I don't see why he wasn't happy, I get upset when a fight lasts TOO long, never heard of anyone being upset about it being over too quick, LOL !

Pork Chop
02-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Awesome!
I think it was GSP who said that wrestling's the most important aspect of mma.

sanjuro_ronin
02-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Awesome!
I think it was GSP who said that wrestling's the most important aspect of mma.

Seems to work for him !

MasterKiller
02-27-2009, 07:54 AM
No horse stance and no kiu sau? :mad:

TenTigers
02-27-2009, 08:17 AM
No horse stance and no kiu sau? :mad:
1:33 horse stance,
and when he touched gloves in the beginning-he reached out with his kiu-sao.
yep, right there.
well, sort of..
(sigh)

Oso
03-02-2009, 07:25 AM
nice, congrats on seeing one of your own do well.

Exadon
03-02-2009, 07:33 AM
nice video! awesome