PDA

View Full Version : Today's Workout

WinterPalm
02-25-2009, 04:47 PM
AM
Warmed up with some jogging and footwork stuff...some bounding and jumping, dynamic mobility stuff.

Workout: All rounds 3min, breaks 45 sec
San Shou Randori 1 Round (My partner doesn't wear gloves which makes it much, much harder for me...plus he's a great wrestler and strong as hell!)
Shadowboxing 1 Round
San Shou Randori 1 Round
Thai Bag (punching and kicking combos) 1 Round
San Shou Randori 1 Round
San Shou Randori 1 Round

Then 2 rounds of 33 sec Thai bag, 33sec exercises.
First round was pushups, 2nd was jumping squats.

PM
Warmed up with joint mobility and footwork practice.

Circuit 1
33sec skip
33sec 75pd Kettlebell swing
X4

Circuit 2 Tabata alternating swings and height jumps. Did 4min...averaged 12 swings and 4 jumps...pretty high target and also some distance as it was the top of the stairs in my laundry room.

Ended with:
Skipping 2 rds
Footwork 2 rds.

What did YOU do today?:)

Taryn P.
02-26-2009, 02:26 AM
What did YOU do today?
-----------

I didn't keep nearly such detailed notes, but.....various forms and drills, mostly crane and dragon stuff; a couple of chi exercises (including a candle meditation), and some sweeps. I'm just starting to get to the point where I am seeing an ability to do a halfway respectable sweep on the horizon... keeping both balance and power. The front ones are better than the back ones, and right leg ones better than left, of course, but I'm practicing them all on all sides.

I can't do very many of them at a time because my bad knees start whimpering, but I'm trying to be good about practicing at least a few of them on most days.

sanjuro_ronin
02-26-2009, 06:53 AM
AM
Warmed up with some jogging and footwork stuff...some bounding and jumping, dynamic mobility stuff.

Workout: All rounds 3min, breaks 45 sec
San Shou Randori 1 Round (My partner doesn't wear gloves which makes it much, much harder for me...plus he's a great wrestler and strong as hell!)
Shadowboxing 1 Round
San Shou Randori 1 Round
San Shou Randori 1 Round
San Shou Randori 1 Round

Then 2 rounds of 33 sec Thai bag, 33sec exercises.
First round was pushups, 2nd was jumping squats.

PM
Warmed up with joint mobility and footwork practice.

Circuit 1
33sec skip
33sec 75pd Kettlebell swing
X4

Circuit 2 Tabata alternating swings and height jumps. Did 4min...averaged 12 swings and 4 jumps...pretty high target and also some distance as it was the top of the stairs in my laundry room.

Ended with:
Skipping 2 rds
Footwork 2 rds.

What did YOU do today?:)

Cracked my wooden dummy, again.
Even more motivated to finish my design of a padded steel one !!
Also, last Saturday sparred full contact MMA for the first time in months and was glad that I didn't die !
LOL !
2 x 5 min rounds is pure evil !!
EVIL I SAY !!!!!

WinterPalm
02-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Cracked my wooden dummy, again.
Even more motivated to finish my design of a padded steel one !!
Also, last Saturday sparred full contact MMA for the first time in months and was glad that I didn't die !
LOL !
2 x 5 min rounds is pure evil !!
EVIL I SAY !!!!!

Have you been out with injuries? And yeah, depending on how hard the striking is, and assuming the grappling is full force, that makes for some tired sparring!

Pork Chop
02-26-2009, 09:18 AM
put mine up on my blog.

GreenCloudCLF
02-26-2009, 01:53 PM
masturbated...twice

sanjuro_ronin
02-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Have you been out with injuries? And yeah, depending on how hard the striking is, and assuming the grappling is full force, that makes for some tired sparring!

Nope, no injuries, kids, business and all.
Wife got a promotion and as such she has to commute, if falls on me to take care of the kids ( it's only fair", as such I had to "drop out" of formal MA classes and had to do my own thing.
Luckly I have over 25 years of MA competitions and formal training to base it on ( 30 years in total), LOL !
I still try to get sparring in a few times a month.

sanjuro_ronin
02-26-2009, 02:37 PM
masturbated...twice

Stopping reading my threads !
:D

GreenCloudCLF
02-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Stopping reading my threads !
:D

If I were thinking faster my post would have read"masturbated...twiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee" Sorry keys are sticky...