PDA

View Full Version : Sifu Jeff Grusberg?

Scarletmantis
01-20-2001, 11:42 AM
I'm probably about to open up a can of worms. Oh well, here goes. As you may have noticed from my Bio, I live in a real isolated small town. My Sifu took a job with a large airline (he's a pilot) and since he's been hopping all over the world, I rarely get to see him.
I saw an add in a major mag offering a correspondance course by video in what I assume was 7*mantis.I sent in my 20$ mailorder, and never heard from him. This was about a year ago. Twenty bucks wasn't much to lose in exchange for a valuable lesson in sending cash to folks you don't know.
Maybe it was an honest mistake on his part, but I figure if you offer a service for money, you ought to have better follow through. Anyhow, who is Sifu Grunsberg? Who'd he train with? Anyone else had this experience? :rolleyes:

"The essence of life is struggle and it's goal is domination. There are higher goals and deeper meanings, but they exist only within the minds of men. The reality of life is war."

Scarletmantis
01-21-2001, 10:45 AM
Guess I bought a dud can o' worms.
Well, since no one else has heard of him, just remember what happened to me when you see his little add in the back of your favorite Kung Fu rag. "...and I woulda got away with it too if it wasn't for those nosey kids and thier darned dog!" :mad:

"The essence of life is struggle and it's goal is domination. There are higher goals and deeper meanings, but they exist only within the minds of men. The reality of life is war."

eyelm
02-07-2001, 04:52 AM
I studied with Jeff Grunberg for 10 years. He trained with Chang Ying-Jen, in Bklyn, NY. Grunberg is a talented 7 Star martial artist and teacher. He is also an honorable and stand-up guy. I am sure your not receiving his tape was an oversight. If you write him at the address in the ad, I am sure he will respond.

Scarletmantis
02-18-2001, 08:13 AM
Sifu Grunberg contacted me via E-mail today and corrected the problem. I retract my statements previously posted. Thanks go to Sifu Grunberg's nameless student who reported my misfortune to him.
:D

Scarletmantis
02-18-2001, 08:16 AM
I'm gonna have to work on my spelling! I apologize for butchering your name Sifu

JJMantis
02-21-2001, 10:37 PM
As I haven't heard about this video training system before, it might do us well if you could post a personal review of the tapes you recieve. Thank you.