PDA

View Full Version : Great New Close Quarters Strikes Video

Yongnan
03-03-2009, 05:59 AM
Hi guys

Here is a link to a great new video on Close Quarters strikes for the street. The instructor is a 25 year vet of the Police Dept. So he has been out in the street not just in some theoretical martial arts school.

Here is the link (http://www.massmartialarts.com/CloseRangePower.html)

Well worth the investment!

-Yongnan

hafoc
03-11-2009, 02:56 AM
Looks like he is a wing chun guy.

sanjuro_ronin
03-11-2009, 05:37 AM
Looks like he is a wing chun guy.

Under Samuel Kwok I think...

bakxierboxer
03-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Here is a link to a great new video on Close Quarters strikes for the street. The instructor is a 25 year vet of the Police Dept. So he has been out in the street not just in some theoretical martial arts school.

Here is the link (http://www.massmartialarts.com/CloseRangePower.html)

"Massengill"?
Sounded "familiar", so I popped over to Google and got:

"
Results 1 - 10 of about 367,000 for Massengill. (0.12 seconds)
Search Results

1.Buy Massengill Disposable Douche with Extra Mild
Vinegar and Water ... Feb 5, 2009 ... Shop online for
Massengill Disposable Douche with Extra Mild Vinegar and
Water, 6 oz. at drugstore.com today, where you will find
a huge ... www.drugstore.com/qxp26529_333181...

2.Buy Massengill feminine care products online
Shop online for Massengill at drugstore.com today by
visiting the Massengill store.

3.YouTube - Massengill Douche commercial on a boat with
Cara Buono........"

..... maybe it's a family business-thing...........

Yongnan
03-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I was hoping to let people know about a good resource for training. Sorry to see people so juvenile that they miss the message and only see an opportunity to make fun of a name. Reminds me of when I was teaching 2nd grade. When you grow up, you may find some opportunities to learn something on these forums.

bakxierboxer
03-16-2009, 12:40 AM
I was hoping to let people know about a good resource for training. Sorry to see people so juvenile that they miss the message and only see an opportunity to make fun of a name. Reminds me of when I was teaching 2nd grade. When you grow up, you may find some opportunities to learn something on these forums.

My parents lived to ripe old ages... my Dad made it to 93.

Video is a shït "resource" for training.

Teaching 2nd grade was likely a little bit beyond you.

dnovice
03-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Police vet or not, I saw nothing different from normal wing chun. Same thing... Nothing new. :rolleyes:

Yongnan
03-19-2009, 03:27 AM
First of all, it's hard to judge the whole video from a few scenes in an add. And yes...it is Wing Chun, that is what he teacher, I am not saying this guy invented some new method. It is his refreshing focus on street oriented application...not the techniques that make this worth watching, but hey, I feel like a ******* for even posting here. I should have known from the other threads that this, like most other subjects end up in a ps$$ing contest between keyboard masters rather than by people actually seeking ideas for training. I won't make this mistake again.

Goodbye