http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00sjq-gpA0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW7gPapVUr0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LId4iRu1gx0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWAnVaDW2U&feature=related

Enjoy.

Dale Dugas
03-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks Paul.

Great to see Shifu Lou dishing out some great Bak Mei.

Some people think he is is not real, would love to see KFM's ultimate MouthBoxer go up against him.

that would be a show and a half.

Drake
03-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Sifu Dale,
All Hardwork conflicts are banned from the Southern KF forum. Please comply. :D

hskwarrior
03-05-2009, 10:26 AM
I concur!!!!!:D

sanjuro_ronin
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
LOL !
While I agree that Sifu Lou is very much a "bad man", I don't think bringing up a certain someone is good for ANY forum, LOL !
I heard that some cal into question his "stuff", but of course, last time I checked, he had an open door policy in his school so anyone can all him out on it if they so choose.

hskwarrior
03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
the guy has definately slimmed down lately as opposed to the first video i saw here.

he doesn't know it, but i see him in the haight district alot, he looks much bigger on film.

sanjuro_ronin
03-05-2009, 10:38 AM
the guy has definately slimmed down lately as opposed to the first video i saw here.

he doesn't know it, but i see him in the haight district alot, he looks much bigger on film.

The camera adds about 150lbs.
:D

hskwarrior
03-05-2009, 10:42 AM
seriously, it about a week or two i saw him in the haight, and thought, ****, you look bigger on film. but he definately was THICKER in the video, than what he looks like today.

Violent Designs
03-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I heard he training MMA fighter today.

Does he have , BJJ or grappling experince?

Yum Cha
03-05-2009, 02:11 PM
I reckon he's got some good stuff.

acuboy
03-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Master Zhong Luo is my sifu. These videos were actually filmed a number of years ago at the old school. He opened up a new 3000 sq/ft facility a couple months ago, which is incredible. He is training a number of MMA fighters and has some classes specifically for them. We even have a full size octagon ring in the new school. But, the focus of the school is still hardcore training in Bak Mei and Lung Yin. Anybody who is interested should come by and check out the school sometime. We train hard, but it is a very welcoming attitude.

http://dragonhousemma.com/

take care
duncan

TongLongJai
03-06-2009, 01:00 AM
thanks for sharing! :)

Yum Cha
03-06-2009, 03:23 AM
The more of the videos I watched, the more I see the differences in his flavour of Pak Mei and mine.

I guess that makes me ill equipped to comment further. But I still like his attitude, and so much about Pak Mei is about attitude.

Lai See
03-06-2009, 05:07 AM
The more of the videos I watched, the more I see the differences in his flavour of Pak Mei and mine.

I guess that makes me ill equipped to comment further. But I still like his attitude, and so much about Pak Mei is about attitude.

In all seriousness, I was about to post near on word for word the same two sentences! Odd!

sanjuro_ronin
03-06-2009, 06:49 AM

Everyone's Bak Mei is "their own", just liek with every MA system.
Best to enjoy things for what they are.

Lai See
03-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Everyone's Bak Mei is "their own", just liek with every MA system.
Best to enjoy things for what they are.

Whilst I agree that it is indeed best to enjoy things for what they are,
I beg to differ with the former.
One would be hard pressed for instance, to find much if any difference in one Shotokan class to another in the context of techniques and kata. Differences in methods of teaching perhaps; additions naturally, but it is what it is. Do you not agree?
It is difficult to align this contextually with White Brow because as an example and using Yum Cha's word 'flavour', some 'flavours' are quite different from each other and do not teach or train the Sub Jee pattern at all. Which makes it difficult from the get-go here and why I do not really agree with your first sentence. The techniques shown within the videos you kindly posted are to my eyes, fairly dissimilar to the core movements of, for example Jik Bou and Gou Bou Teoi.
What do you think?

sanjuro_ronin
03-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Whilst I agree that it is indeed best to enjoy things for what they are,
I beg to differ with the former.
One would be hard pressed for instance, to find much if any difference in one Shotokan class to another in the context of techniques and kata. Differences in methods of teaching perhaps; additions naturally, but it is what it is. Do you not agree?
It is difficult to align this contextually with White Brow because as an example and using Yum Cha's word 'flavour', some 'flavours' are quite different from each other and do not teach or train the Sub Jee pattern at all. Which makes it difficult from the get-go here and why I do not really agree with your first sentence. The techniques shown within the videos you kindly posted are to my eyes, fairly dissimilar to the core movements of, for example Jik Bou and Gou Bou Teoi.
What do you think?

To an extend you are quite correct, but there are many examples of shotokan, to atke the system you mentioned, that are "different", typically because of someone making it "thier own".
The fist division of the JKA, the separation of the Shotokai group, was an example of this.
Still shotokan at the core, but with a distinct "flavour" ( to use yours and Yum Cha's word).
Even the way some of the Katas are done is "different".
This happens quite naturally when styles become more public.

Lai See
03-06-2009, 08:53 AM
OK, well, yes and no!
Perhaps I should have been more specific? Gichin Funakoshi's Shotokan karate has the same kata practised the same by all the Funakoshi Shotokan people, yes? At least in my experience this has been the case, and even if not the example of something being 'what it is' is where I was trying to make point.
Shotokai, Wado Ryu and all the other mixes and offshoots of Funakoshi's Shotokan are as you say different with the same core, but they are also 'what they are' and what they say on their respective tins. This however is not what I mean by 'flavour' I cannot speak for Yum Cha but its not really what I mean by the difference because the difference is so, well different!
I have typed all this and it has occurred to me that without standing in front of someone and showing what I mean its probably hard to make the point at all!
Good communication nonetheless.

sanjuro_ronin
03-06-2009, 08:57 AM
OK, well, yes and no!
Perhaps I should have been more specific? Gichin Funakoshi's Shotokan karate has the same kata practised the same by all the Funakoshi Shotokan people, yes? At least in my experience this has been the case, and even if not the example of something being 'what it is' is where I was trying to make point.
Shotokai, Wado Ryu and all the other mixes and offshoots of Funakoshi's Shotokan are as you say different with the same core, but they are also 'what they are' and what they say on their respective tins. This however is not what I mean by 'flavour' I cannot speak for Yum Cha but its not really what I mean by the difference because the difference is so, well different!
I have typed all this and it has occurred to me that without standing in front of someone and showing what I mean its probably hard to make the point at all!
Good communication nonetheless.

I know what you are getting at and this actually goes in line about what we are discussing on another thread, the issue with "lineages", the good and bad parts.
Continuing your shotokan example, the shotokai kept Funakoshi's "taikyon" katas, or however they are spelled, the JKA did not.
The shotokai also does their katas and sparring diffferent then the JKA.
Both has a number of direct students of Funakoshi and both say they are "the real" Shotokan, or at least used to, not sure how the politics of it are anymore.
My own Kyokushin is going through many of the same issues right now and in the past.
That said, I do know what you are getting at, but that is another thread, LOL !