PDA

View Full Version : Bowling is no longer bowling

MasterKiller
03-05-2009, 08:44 PM
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=12342000

Someone invented a new bowling grip, and now his school is flogging all the 'traditional' schools.

What's the lesson here?

Water Dragon
03-05-2009, 08:47 PM
That I need bowling lessons?

SanHeChuan
03-05-2009, 08:52 PM
At least they are not swinging it between their legs.

I see nothing wrong there.

What's the lesson here?

Tradition for the sake of tradition is ghey.

Shaolinlueb
03-05-2009, 09:04 PM
But my bowling teacher has bowled 3 perfect games with one hand!!! He has to be right. He cant be wrong!!!!!

SanHeChuan
03-05-2009, 09:21 PM
But my bowling teacher has bowled 3 perfect games with one hand!!! He has to be right. He cant be wrong!!!!!

He is not. and neither are they.

lkfmdc
03-05-2009, 09:33 PM
it's not real bowling, and if a real bowler played him he'd still win, because real bowling is still better, you've just never seen a real bowler, you're just truck drivers who play bowling only once in a while

brothernumber9
03-06-2009, 07:29 AM
See the traditional has been lost. The traditional one hand way was developed out of practicality. Bowling was originally a drinking game, so traditionally, it was no fun and pussified if you couldn't bowl with a beer in one hand. As time went bye people just mimic-ededed their teachers without knowing the application.

See this new fangled two hand way is only good in the "lane". In the street what would this guy do if his cel was ringing at the same time? If he was thirsty at the same time? If he was surrounded by multiples and had to give gun point salutes and high fives while in motion? If his baggy jeans starting falling to his knees? cuz you know you can't bowl in the s7r337s without your pants barely hanging off your a@@. see? two-hands = nubbs.

Eddie
03-06-2009, 08:15 AM
glorified handball.

no tradition there

David Jamieson
03-06-2009, 08:24 AM
meh, they're bolivians.

Drake
03-06-2009, 08:26 AM
$15 off my bowling tapes! :D

Exadon
03-06-2009, 08:48 AM
$15 off my bowling tapes! :D

Look you knuckle head, stop trying to sell your hybrid bowling system. It takes years to master authentic bowling. Glorified bowling knuckle head.

My teacher use to cross balls with many challengers, and he always left satisfied from victory

sanjuro_ronin
03-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Look you knuckle head, stop trying to sell your hybrid bowling system. It takes years to master authentic bowling. Glorified bowling knuckle head.

My teacher use to cross balls with many challengers, and he always left satisfied from victory

LMAO !!!:D
The real Bowling-Fu has spoken !

Shaolinlueb
03-06-2009, 09:18 AM
this thread is filled with sarcasm and the win.

sanjuro_ronin
03-06-2009, 09:26 AM
this thread is filled with sarcasm and the win.

That's because it'd devoid of mixedbowlers and Bowlingpinheads.

Shaolinlueb
03-06-2009, 09:31 AM
That's because it'd devoid of mixedbowlers and Bowlingpinheads.

hahaha

@PLUGO
03-06-2009, 11:34 AM
meh, they're bolivians.

Are you sure you didn't mean Bowlivians

lkfmdc
03-06-2009, 11:37 AM

The statement by itself makes me chuckle

BUT

when in the back of my mind I also know your sifu is Anthony GOh :p

LMFAO :D

Exadon
03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
when in the back of my mind I also know your sifu is Anthony GOh :p

LMFAO :D
I should get your DVD for free for sifu abuse!

BoulderDawg
03-06-2009, 11:43 AM
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=12342000

Someone invented a new bowling grip, and now his school is flogging all the 'traditional' schools.

What's the lesson here?

No lesson here, just a different style. If it works for these guys that's great. However I can't see pros doing that.

m1k3
03-06-2009, 11:59 AM
There is more to bowling than knocking pins down. There is the tradition, the respect for your elders and the ancient Dutch Bowling Masters. These modern bowlers are merely glorified ball rollers with out having a true Dutch Master to guide them into the higher attributes that are the real bowling.

BoulderDawg
03-06-2009, 12:01 PM
There is more to bowling than knocking pins down. There is the tradition, the respect for your elders and the ancient Dutch Bowling Masters. These modern bowlers are merely glorified ball rollers with out having a true Dutch Master to guide them into the higher attributes that are the real bowling.

I understand some of those bowlers can trace their lineage for hundreds of years.

Shaolinlueb
03-06-2009, 12:15 PM
I understand some of those bowlers can trace their lineage for hundreds of years.

also they can all trace their lineage back to the ancient pub of bowling first created in 1232 in southern denmark, were people flocked to become master bowlers and integrate their bowling technique into one.

Oso
03-06-2009, 04:31 PM
i'm surprised no one else has caught on to the REAL problem here...

it's South Americans in general...first the Brazilians **** up traditional jujitsu and now the Bolivians want to **** of bowling...is nothing sacred?

Nuke South America!

Lucas
03-06-2009, 04:37 PM
it doesnt matter what style of bowling you do guys. its the training methods that are important. are you developing enough strength for your style? are you aquiring the proper amount of back spin? can you develop power and accuracy in your strikes?

It shouldnt matter if you are training for competition, or just for fun. You have to have good training methods to achieve bowling greatness.

Shaolinlueb
03-06-2009, 07:22 PM
i'm surprised no one else has caught on to the REAL problem here...

it's South Americans in general...first the Brazilians **** up traditional jujitsu and now the Bolivians want to **** of bowling...is nothing sacred?

Nuke South America!

they cant help it if they are inovators in the world of sports. heck i mean tons of smart germans went there after ww2. so that would explain a lot. :eek::eek::eek: