PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know this guy?

tiger lui
10-26-2001, 05:48 AM
does anyone about tcpm sifu so siu kit from vietnam? i have a video of him doing a vast array of forms,some i know are tcpm like bung bo,jeet gun,lan jei,jet yew,upper and lower baat jow{done as one form},say moon chueng{spear},loi bo gik{halberd},lin wan gim{sword],see fung do{saber},cern do,cern gim,sword and sheath,chain whip,double daggers,plus some forms that i dont think are tcpm like monkey staff,cane,umbrella and lots of tai chi hand,sword and saber forms,plus a live demo of him on stage doing kwan do,not bad

Tainan Mantis
10-26-2001, 04:19 PM
But I'd LOVE to see that video!!

mantis108
10-26-2001, 07:18 PM
Well, a lot of the Vietnam TCPMer have not been in contact with the rest of the TCPM family. Perhaps, we will see more of them in the future now that the country is openning up. That video sounds very interesting. Besides this one you mentioned there is also another one that I have heard of, which is from Sifu David Chang (Boston?) who did it to showcase TCPM to the Vietnam military and/or law enforcement agencies. I have a tape of some of the people in HK doing almost the exact same forms you have mentioned plus Sau Fa and Counter knife. They (the HK group) have also put it into VCD format adding a few more interesting stuff into in such as the Sword vs Saber. Anyway, I think you are lucky to have a copy of the Vietnam Sifu's tape.

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa