PDA

View Full Version : Real kung fu, or glorified something?

Eddie
03-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey, I just found out that this guy lives down the road from me. How sad, Im moving the a new apartment in a different neighborhood next week.

He works at a metal company and is pretty famous around here for his iron body skill.

Wonder if this is real kung fu? Im not sure I would know what real kung fu looks like even if it bites me in the a$$

http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/7721152-1325712675.html

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=257362840

http://csb123.bokee.com/6427764.html

Hardwork108
03-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Hey, I just found out that this guy lives down the road from me. How sad, Im moving the a new apartment in a different neighborhood next week.

He works at a metal company and is pretty famous around here for his iron body skill.

Wonder if this is real kung fu?

It looks more real than a lot of videos posted by our own resident "kung fu gods" of this forum.

Im not sure I would know what real kung fu looks like even if it bites me in the a$$

Don't worry as there are "sifus" here that don't know what real kung fu looks like.;)

http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/7721152-1325712675.html

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=257362840

http://csb123.bokee.com/6427764.html

It is very difficult to judge from a video specially when one does not understand the commentary. However, my impression was positive. I liked his form and posture. He is very flexible and seems to be well conditioned.

You should perhaps compare this guy with "sifu" you know who. I am sure that you will see differences.

If you are lucky then you will come across good masters in China. Then the question will be wether they will teach all they know. So the best thing is to "feel" your way if you do train with them.

Whatever you do don't mention "sifu" lkfmdc to them.;)

HW108:)

PS. Do you have an idea of the style of kung fu that he practises/teaches?

Kansuke
03-07-2009, 07:25 PM
It looks more real than a lot of videos poste by our own resident "kung fu gods" of this forum.

You really seem to dislike this forum. Why the **** are you here other than repeating your same tired old lines over and over again?

Violent Designs
03-07-2009, 07:30 PM
You gonna go say hi Eddie?

Ask him if you can do a roundhouse to his ribs, LOL.

Hardwork108
03-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Why don't you post on the subject matter of the thread, Mr Troll?

I have to call you out because people such as Sanjuro ronin, lkfmdc, Dale Dugas, Reverend Tap and etc. never notice your trolling!

You really seem to dislike this forum.

Your attention span and your reading comprehension have failed you again.

Why the **** are you here other than repeating your same tired old lines over and over again?

You took the words out of my mouth. What is self confessed wrestler doing in a kung fu forum repeating the same lines. Need attention,eh? Then send PMs to lkfmdc, Sanjuro ronin, Dale Dugas and the your other "friends" and leave us the adults alone.

HW108

PS. Now that you insist in posting in a kung fu forum while not having a single idea about TCMA, perhaps you could start practising kung fu, so as not to make a complete fool out of yourself?

Hardwork108
03-07-2009, 07:40 PM
You gonna go say hi Eddie?

Ask him if you can do a roundhouse to his ribs, LOL.

And what if the sifu wants to return the favor?:eek:

Kansuke
03-07-2009, 08:05 PM
What is self confessed wrestler doing in a kung fu forum repeating the same lines.

1) You really seem to have a problem with wrestlers who have about as much actual kungfu training as you.

2) Are you prepared to say that repeating the same thing over and over again is a waste of time?

Hardwork108
03-07-2009, 08:29 PM
1) You really seem to have a problem with wrestlers who have about as much actual kungfu training as you.

2) Are you prepared to say that repeating the same thing over and over again is a waste of time?

Please stick to the subject matter of the thread. Thank you.:)

Eddie
03-08-2009, 05:44 AM
VD, I am free this tuesday and my friend ( a local guy) is also free, so he can go with me. Only problem is, how do you approach someone like this. This guy doesnt teach full time, he is a normal working person, probably not even interested in teaching anyone let alone a lowai. But what do I have to lose?

Eddie
03-08-2009, 05:48 AM
And what if the sifu wants to return the favor?:eek:

I can take it. wont say I wont regret it, but I am a big boy ;)

but I wont test him, so I wont even try to kick him. VD can come and do it himself

Scott R. Brown
03-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi Eddie,

Strength and flexibility stunts do not mean he can fight or teach others to fight! His form looked pretty good, but forms are not fighting either. It depends upon what you are looking for, if you are interested in performing strength and flexibility stunts and having good forms he appears to be a good bet. If you are looking to learn to defend yourself, it would seem there are other paths that would be a more productive use of your time!

Hardwork108
03-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Hi Eddie,

Strength and flexibility stunts do not mean he can fight or teach others to fight! His form looked pretty good, but forms are not fighting either. It depends upon what you are looking for, if you are interested in performing strength and flexibility stunts and having good forms he appears to be a good bet.

Very true.

If you are looking to learn to defend yourself, it would seem there are other paths that would be a more productive use of your time!

He could be one of those sifus who can also defend himself. I have come across true kung fu sifus who have great strength, flexibility and perform forms like a sifu should AND who are great fighters. So I don't think that these qualities are mutually exclusive.

Hopefully the man will turn out to be an holistic expert in kung fu. :)

Hardwork108
03-08-2009, 06:00 PM
VD, I am free this tuesday and my friend ( a local guy) is also free, so he can go with me. Only problem is, how do you approach someone like this. This guy doesnt teach full time, he is a normal working person, probably not even interested in teaching anyone let alone a lowai. But what do I have to lose?

That is a very good approach. If you don't search, you won`t find. Who knows, you may even be pleasantly surprised.:)

Let us know how it goes and tell us what style of kung fu he teaches. One of his postures in one of the pictures looked something resembling Eagle Claw.

Good luck. :)

Scott R. Brown
03-08-2009, 06:07 PM
He could be one of those sifus who can also defend himself. I have come across true kung fu sifus who have great strength, flexibility and perform forms like a sifu should AND who are great fighters. So I don't think that these qualities are mutually exclusive.

Hopefully the man will turn out to be an holistic expert in kung fu. :)

It is true it is possible, but he demonstrated nothing that indicates this from the video.

I am not knocking him by the way. I am not one of those who believes that Kung Fu practice should always be directly applicable to self-defense. To me it all depends upon what you are looking for. If you are looking for exercise and the instructor provides something you like, that is good, as long as exercise is not confused with self-defense.

Eddie
03-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Actually I dont want to learn anything from him, just like to meet and hang out with other martial artists.

I go to Wuhan tiyuan whenever I want to practice fighting. The kids there train hard and can fight. I'm also not far from HK, so when ever I feel I need something more, I can always just run over to go do some "Traditional"

Shaolinlueb
03-08-2009, 08:41 PM
kneel infront of him, grab his pant leg and say SIFU, TEACH ME PLEASE. SIFU!!! do it old school style.

SimonM
03-09-2009, 08:32 AM

Yeah, I've noticed that.

Hardwork108
03-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that.

Agreeing with kansuke, this forum's village idiot, is showing how desperately you are clutching at straws, lol,lol,lol.