PDA

View Full Version : Is this Pak Mei Book Worth Buying ?

Firehawk4
03-10-2009, 09:30 AM
http://nypakmei.com/products.php

Fung Ngan
03-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Yes it is. It has a fresh look on Pak Mei. Much better than some other recently published books. For the well informed Pak Mei student not that much new news, but I am happy to have it in my collection.

sanjuro_ronin
03-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Yes it is. It has a fresh look on Pak Mei. Much better than some other recently published books. For the well informed Pak Mei student not that much new news, but I am happy to have it in my collection.

Are you the writer of this book? or is your "screen name" juts a coincidence?

Drake
03-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Can't hate a guy for plugging his product. :D

sanjuro_ronin
03-10-2009, 01:35 PM

true, but it does tend to make one bias ;)

lkfmdc
03-10-2009, 01:37 PM
bullshido has/had a long thread about this book, questioning some of it's "facts"

can't find the link right now, but I'll look into it

Dale Dugas
03-10-2009, 01:44 PM

Never anything wrong with that........;);):D:D:D;);):o

Eddie
03-11-2009, 06:06 AM
I'm married. So used to plugging my own product these days....

Scientist invented a cake that takes away a womans sex drive. Its called a wedding cake ... "

ok ok ok i know thats old.... ;)

CFT
03-11-2009, 06:27 AM
s_r: did you consider "Fung Ngan" is just "Phoenix Eye"?

sanjuro_ronin
03-11-2009, 06:53 AM
s_r: did you consider "Fung Ngan" is just "Phoenix Eye"?

Yes, but its also a variation of the name on the book: S.L. Fung

lkfmdc
03-11-2009, 07:19 AM
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78326

IN that thread, which also has links to othe threads, this was raised
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1994672&postcount=13

Fung Ngan
03-11-2009, 02:57 PM
No I am not the writer, just a student and "collector". And a critical reader, this is not a bad book. Not the standard book that chews the usual history of Pak Mei without doing some research. Compared to the other books available about Pak Mei it has a fresh few.

(www.pakmeipai.nl)

Hardwork108
03-11-2009, 08:24 PM
http://nypakmei.com/products.php

I don't know but I am going to buy it anyway. I have read a bit about it and I believe that it could turn out to be an interesting read. It seems to have been written by someone who actually practices and understands legit. Pak Mei.

Firehawk4
03-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Ok I might get the book .

sanjuro_ronin
03-12-2009, 09:19 AM
No I am not the writer, just a student and "collector". And a critical reader, this is not a bad book. Not the standard book that chews the usual history of Pak Mei without doing some research. Compared to the other books available about Pak Mei it has a fresh few.

(www.pakmeipai.nl)

AH, thanks for clearing that up.

Southern Fist
03-12-2009, 09:28 AM
The Book is written by my Si-hing. Both of us are students of Kwong Man Fong in NYC.

The book is great in the explanations not just in the Pak mei System, but on Martial Arts and Chinese culture as well.

It is amusing to see participants here still assuming people will actually comment on there own book ,video, articles. :D

As others have comment it is a different approach on how Pak mei is looked upon, and not just on how secretive and deadly the style is.

So, Firehawk4 you may just enjoy the book. If you decide to purchase it?

Respectfully,

Peter Pena
Southern Fist Club
Arizona, USA

Hardwork108
03-12-2009, 06:12 PM
The Book is written by my Si-hing. Both of us are students of Kwong Man Fong in NYC.

The book is great in the explanations not just in the Pak mei System, but on Martial Arts and Chinese culture as well.

It is amusing to see participants here still assuming people will actually comment on there own book ,video, articles. :D

As others have comment it is a different approach on how Pak mei is looked upon, and not just on how secretive and deadly the style is.

So, Firehawk4 you may just enjoy the book. If you decide to purchase it?

Respectfully,

Peter Pena
Southern Fist Club
Arizona, USA

I am going to buy that book for sure now.

Thanks.:)

sanjuro_ronin
03-13-2009, 05:44 AM

Thanks for the info.

It is amusing to see participants here still assuming people will actually comment on there own book ,video, articles.

yes, because NO ONE does that, ever. :rolleyes:

That is quite refreshing.